My 1200 kcal experiment

Options

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    BennyCH wrote: »

sorry but I didn't flag you...and I don't want anything from anyone, just writing about my experiment...but a lot of people seems to get outraged of an experiment that I am doing on myself, that I find a little...weird?

I'm going to do an experiment on myself; I'm going to start snorting a couple of grams of cocaine every day because losing weight is more important to me than my health, my job or my family. What does everyone think?

<2 pages later>

GAWD you guys are so uptight, can't a girl do a bunch of harmful *kitten* to herself and tell the world about it without having to have anyone mention that it's a bad idea? JEEEZ!!

you are hilarious :)
  • BennyCH
    BennyCH Posts: 73 Member
    Options

sorry but I didn't flag you...and I don't want anything from anyone, just writing about my experiment...but a lot of people seems to get outraged of an experiment that I am doing on myself, that I find a little...weird?

I'm going to do an experiment on myself; I'm going to start snorting a couple of grams of cocaine every day because losing weight is more important to me than my health, my job or my family. What does everyone think?

<2 pages later>

GAWD you guys are so uptight, can't a girl do a bunch of harmful *kitten* to herself and tell the world about it without having to have anyone mention that it's a bad idea? JEEEZ!!

best analogy ever... ;)

the idea came from:
    http://fitnessblackbook.com/main/starvation-mode-why-you-probably-never-need-to-worry-about-it/

and even the Mayo-clinic:
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/mayo-clinic-diet/art-20045460

maybe the Mayo-clinic also endorse coke... ;)
  • Yezza
    Yezza Posts: 4 Member
    Options

<2 pages later>

He didn't ask for anybodies opinions, not many people have responded objectively. If losing visceral fat (an unhealthy thing to have) via a less-than-ideal method is on par with snorting cocaine (an anti-social, illegal, destructive habit) then either you're here for some cheap laughs or you're fairly ignorant. Either way you're not posting anything constructive. Why not post some facts as to why it may not be the healthiest method or how about this, don't post at all? This community is astounding.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Yezza wrote: »

<2 pages later>

He didn't ask for anybodies opinions, not many people have responded objectively. If losing visceral fat (an unhealthy thing to have) via a less-than-ideal method is on par with snorting cocaine (an anti-social, illegal, destructive habit) then either you're here for some cheap laughs or you're fairly ignorant. Either way you're not posting anything constructive. Why not post some facts as to why it may not be the healthiest method or how about this, don't post at all? This community is astounding.

Strong first post btw....

Also, posting on a public forum opens up the poster to opinions whether they be positive or negative. If a poster doesn't want the opinion, post it as a blog post or not at all.
  • BennyCH
    BennyCH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Also, posting on a public forum opens up the poster to opinions whether they be positive or negative. If a poster doesn't want the opinion, post it as a blog post or not at all.

people are welcome with opinions :) and I'm genuinely moved about that so many cares about me...and at the same time stupidize me...really confusing

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

<2 pages later>

Ah so by drastically undereating he is only targeting visceral fat - I haven't heard of that method before, can you please explain more about how it works?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

<2 pages later>

best analogy ever... ;)

the idea came from:
    http://fitnessblackbook.com/main/starvation-mode-why-you-probably-never-need-to-worry-about-it/

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/mayo-clinic-diet/art-20045460

Where in that Mayo clinic diet does it say to eat under 50% of your BMR? A quote from your link: "The Mayo Clinic Diet does encourage unlimited amounts of vegetables and fruit". So it's probably not VLC.

Nobody is talking about starvation mode here, btw - people are talking about triggering binges, generally disordered eating, loss of muscle mass and malnutrition.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

<2 pages later>

best analogy ever... ;)

the idea came from:

I forgot where you mentioned you read this
    "The Mayo Clinic Diet provides several calorie levels. Here's a look at a 1,200 calorie-a-day menu that follows the Mayo Clinic Diet plan:"
    AND read where it said the 1200 calorie a day one applied to a 6' man.
  • smarmyschoolmarm
    smarmyschoolmarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You've put yourself through quite a bit for what ultimately could be a very easily obtained weight loss of 2 pounds a week. I hate to say this but I think you very likely have an eating disorder. Save your vacation money and pay for a therapist and nutritionist. It will pay off in the long run in a healthier, longer life.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

<2 pages later>

Did he ask for white knights tho?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

<2 pages later>

does anyone ever ask?

resized_white-knight-meme-generator-suddenly-a-wild-white-knight-appears-05e041.jpg
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

<2 pages later>

I don't know, it made me pretty damn social!

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

<2 pages later>

does anyone ever ask?

resized_white-knight-meme-generator-suddenly-a-wild-white-knight-appears-05e041.jpg

He/she is the hero OP deserves, but not the one he needs right now.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    If you are coming to the States for pleasure, you may want to re-prioritize your diet. You will enjoy your visit so much more, if you are well nourished, and have your IBS under control. Eat enough that you will have plenty of energy for exploring our country. Whether you are interested in visiting our national parks, cities, theme parks, historical sites, native cultures, mountains or beaches, you will be doing a great deal of walking. If you find someone you think is attractive they will be so mesmerized by your accent, they will not notice any weight loss you might achieve in 10 days. My advice, just keep talking, most of us will be impressed no matter what you say.

Great advice!

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

<2 pages later>

does anyone ever ask?

He/she is the hero OP deserves, but not the one he needs right now.

haha I almost used the Harvey Dent jpg that came up while searching for this one
  • 115Everest
    115Everest Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    All I know, OP, is that the word "stupidize" is the greatest gift to my vocabulary since "amazeballs." And for that, I thank you.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »

<2 pages later>

I don't know, it made me pretty damn social!
    Seriously, everyone I've known on the colombian snownose is pretty fun to be around.

If by fun you mean intolerable, yeah I agree
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    This is insane. Weight naturally fluctuates. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and your weight loss will happen.

Also, I don't blame you for overdoing it after a medically necessary fast.

Yes I know right :D - but it's an experiment, and I really want to say that I lost 44 lbs in 6 months + I'm going to US in July for 4 weeks, so...
    Oh so it's an experiment?
    Science!

Ok, then, since it's a well designed experiment, what precisely is your hypothesis? What is your testing methodology? What is your control? What are your key tracked metrics, and what method of analysis do you intend to utilize when the experimental period is over?

If you're missing any of that, it's not an experiment.

A control for an n=1 experiment. You don't use a control, you just see if you get the feels you wanted to self-confirm off the placebo effect with n=1 experiments. It's like you're looking for actual verifiable results instead.
    Do you even science, bro?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Disappointed-Terrible-Awful-OMG-Embarassed-Embarassing-WTF-GIF.gif