My 1200 kcal experiment

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    BennyCH wrote: »
    LLduds wrote: »
    As you learned during your 24 hour fast, you don't respond well to food deprivation. So your response to the post-deprivation binge is to go back into deprivation mode? Sorry, I'm not following your logic. You seem to be asking for another binge.....

Ikr :) and as I said I'm going to US and I really love American food, so the binge will happen anyway - yes I'm a weak carboholic

again it's just an experiment for 2 weeks to see what happens and to see where my limits goes

thanks for the concerns but most of you have to lighten up a little I will not shrivel up and die...
    I lightened up by asking for popcorn, but you flagged me. So I'm a little confused on what you want from us exactly?

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    OP I think you perhaps need to lighten up and stop abusing the flagging system. Not cool.
  • BennyCH
    BennyCH Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    So, hey, best of luck. There's just no reason to be pushing ideas like this onto others.

I have no intention to give ideas, it is clearly stated as an n=1 experiment, and I assume that most of people here are above 18 and are smart enough to understand this

my basic stand on minimum calorie intake is that a person shall not normally eat below his/her BMR - should I make an official disclaimer?

• BennyCH
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I'm getting incredibly annoyed with the flagging system here. How is what I said AT ALL abusive???? I despair completely.
    OP is probably flagging anyone that openly and strongly disagrees with his "experiment".

no flagging from my side, people are entitled to an opinion...although it seems to be a lot of "bro-science" in many replies...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    That is crazy for someone of your weight! Very low cals and a lot of exercise...wth???
    If you look at all the users who agreed or supported OP, they are most likely unfit and or overweight. Anomaly.

What?

PS I love reading your posts and looking at your picture and imagining its the pup talking.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm getting incredibly annoyed with the flagging system here. How is what I said AT ALL abusive???? I despair completely.
    OP is probably flagging anyone that openly and strongly disagrees with his "experiment".

no flagging from my side, people are entitled to an opinion...although it seems to be a lot of "bro-science" in many replies...

You ....you .....oh bleuururufughhghghgjgidfjdifngknriuvn
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

What do you consider "broscienc"? because I'm not really seeing any....
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    So, hey, best of luck. There's just no reason to be pushing ideas like this onto others.

I have no attention to give ideas, it is clearly stated as an n=1 experiment, and I assume that most of people here are above 18 and are smart enough to understand this

my basic stand on minimum calorie intake is that a person shall not normally eat below his/her BMR - should I make an official disclaimer?
    Intention. Speaking of being smart enough...
    OK I normally don't lob personal attacks so it's clearly time for me to accept my well-deserved flag and find something better to do with my day.

• BennyCH
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Pretty close to fasting it is 50% of your daily requirements to maintain, yikes.
    If you are doing Keto, why are you also throwing in IF? Neither of which is required for weight/fat loss.

with only your 40ish lbs to lose your goal should have been to lose 1 lb/week, and down to 0.5 for the last 10 or so.

That said, since you are only looking at such a large deficit over two weeks, the worst that will happen is a large % of the 2-5 lbs will come from lean muscle, not just fat. If you are okay with that, have at it.

IF comes more or less natural to me since I cannot eat breakfast...

After more than 15 years of testing different diet lifestyles, keto/low carb is the only that works for me, my willpower is simple not strong enough to eat in moderation on a carb-based diet, i.e. it always end up in a glorious binge...
  • BennyCH
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    That is crazy for someone of your weight! Very low cals and a lot of exercise...wth???

Not so much exercise, just a morning walk (LISS), no intensity at all
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    115Everest wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    This is insane. Weight naturally fluctuates. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and your weight loss will happen.

Also, I don't blame you for overdoing it after a medically necessary fast.

Yes I know right :D - but it's an experiment, and I really want to say that I lost 44 lbs in 6 months + I'm going to US in July for 4 weeks, so...

It's an experiment in decimating your LBM and feeling weak, getting inadequate nutrition and reinforcing bad approaches to weight loss...that's what it is

Agreed. Anyone supporting this is lacks a basic understanding of nutrition. I'm the same height, and I would legitimately waste away. 3000 calories is my maintenance, if I'm not lifting very much or getting enough sleep.

*Completely loses interest in this thread and drifts off into a fantasy of what life would be like if 3000 calories a day was my maintenance...*

*drool*
  • hopija
    hopija Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMG, don't come to US! This place is really fattening! Just kiddin'. Come on and visit, but beware.
  • BennyCH
    Options
    just a minor update,

today I was a little sluggish during my fasted morning stroll, and during rest of the day I felt a little "flat", so therefore I skipped the weight training...
  • BennyCH
    Options
    There's no way this can go wrong right.

I wish you best of luck but not in this endeavour. Success will not lie down this road

maybe that will be the final conclusion, I nowhere stated that this is a good & healthy approach, hence the title...
  • BennyCH
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    LLduds wrote: »
    As you learned during your 24 hour fast, you don't respond well to food deprivation. So your response to the post-deprivation binge is to go back into deprivation mode? Sorry, I'm not following your logic. You seem to be asking for another binge.....

Ikr :) and as I said I'm going to US and I really love American food, so the binge will happen anyway - yes I'm a weak carboholic

again it's just an experiment for 2 weeks to see what happens and to see where my limits goes

thanks for the concerns but most of you have to lighten up a little I will not shrivel up and die...
    I lightened up by asking for popcorn, but you flagged me. So I'm a little confused on what you want from us exactly?

sorry I have not flagged anyone..why do people keep writing that????

• BennyCH
    Options
    hopija wrote: »
    Intention. Speaking of being smart enough...
    OK I normally don't lob personal attacks so it's clearly time for me to accept my well-deserved flag and find something better to do with my day.

sorry I have dyslexia, enjoy your day

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This thread.
    g2sk19tjl3lk.jpg

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

ETA: obv I stole this, thx
  • BennyCH
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    [/quote]

sorry but I didn't flag you...and I don't want anything from anyone, just writing about my experiment...but a lot of people seems to get outraged of an experiment that I am doing on myself, that I find a little...weird?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

sorry but I didn't flag you...and I don't want anything from anyone, just writing about my experiment...but a lot of people seems to get outraged of an experiment that I am doing on myself, that I find a little...weird?

I'm going to do an experiment on myself; I'm going to start snorting a couple of grams of cocaine every day because losing weight is more important to me than my health, my job or my family. What does everyone think?

<2 pages later>

GAWD you guys are so uptight, can't a girl do a bunch of harmful *kitten* to herself and tell the world about it without having to have anyone mention that it's a bad idea? JEEEZ!!