I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    I knew I was getting into Shape when I started training like an athlete.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I had to start scratching itches more gently. Now it hurts if I put too much pressure on the muscle and bone that was previously protected by my flab.
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    I knew I had lost weight when I can recover quickly from doing 5 flights of stairs (No lift at work, power cut).
    -two large bags of clothes that are too big now!
    -Not taking the chair with me when I stand up!!
    -I want to get on my rowing machine and not be a couch potato any more!
    -People notice who have not seen me for awhile and have to say 'WOW'.
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Me 10 years apart. 2005 - 2015, getting their slowly
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Just in the last week or so, my hips are definitely feeling smaller.

Plus, in recent months my boxers had been squeezing me, but they'd started squeezing me gradually so I hadn't really noticed until I started to count my calories. This morning I put my underpants on and they definitely feel a little looser. Interesting! :)
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    . . . . . I can touch my knees by putting my arm down the INSIDE my UK size 12 dress trousers . . . . I haven't had them that long.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I could put on my socks without getting winded
  • laleehecht
    laleehecht Posts: 10 Member
    I am drying my workout clothes so they would shrink rather than hang drying them.
    Someone asked me if I was okay… like I did not have a serious illness causing my body to shrink.
    The house is 68 degrees and I am freezing.
    I have to pull up my workout capris several times during class.
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    My journey has just restarted but after two weeks I know i've lost weight because my jacket that was tight that when I sat down is now a little bit looser. :) Makes the tracking and early rises very much worth it.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    When I went down a notch on my belt rather than going up a notch. It's a good feeling to more comfortable in your clothes
  • TamiresPaezani
    TamiresPaezani Posts: 1 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when my pants began to feel loose and baggy. Also, when men started staring at me in the street again. 40 pounds ago, I felt pretty much invisible!
  • BonnieKay37
    BonnieKay37 Posts: 5 Member
    When my high waisted jeans no longer felt like a torture device! and when my double chin was no longer visible in all my pictures
  • summeroflove99
    summeroflove99 Posts: 168 Member
    My double chin has pretty much disappeared
    I can see my collar bones
    I'm much more comfy in my clothes
    I am absolutely bloody freezing all the time!!
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Nanogg55 wrote: »
    I knew I was losing weight, when on my morning walk-I tuck my cell into my sport bra and this morning it slipped out the bottom! I grinned all the way home. :)

Please don't do this, they are now linking it to breast cancel. Well done on the decreasing boobs though!!!
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when a coat that my fiance bout me 4 years ago fits.
    ....When I can lay on the couch with one of my babies and not have to hold them to keep them from falling off.
    .....When I am wearing jeans again and not the elastic waist pants.

I know I am getting fitter when I can walk and 18 minute mile.
    I know I am getting stronger when I can get on Top :D

I know I am getting slimmer when I can see the lady parts.

This is the one that means the most

When I can play with my babies for more than five minutes without getting tired.
  • nlkklrocks
    nlkklrocks Posts: 26 Member
    I'm about 10 pounds into my journey but I stumbled across a pair of work pants hidden away this weekend that are a size smaller than I've been wearing (funny how clothes that stop fitting just somehow migrate to the bottom of piles/back of closets almost without making the decision to do so, isn't it?) - and they fit! Wearing them today! :) can't wait to have more to add to this list
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I was able to cross my legs without tugging on my jeans to help my leg over the other.. and the leg didn't just slip right off!!!

I knew I was losing weight when my husband was walking behind me and commented "look how skinny you're getting!"

I knew my lifestyle changed when I had a "cheat day" and couldn't wait to get back to my normal eating the very next day.

Great Thread!!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    When I got off of work from standing for 4 plus hours and had NO pain. Usually I would be in so much pain I could barely walk. I went for a jog the other day and woke with no pain.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    i knew i was losing weight when:

-i am cold all the freaking time
    -we have wooden chairs in the dining room with no padding on them, and it hurts to sit in them too long.
    -i can't run to keep up with my kids on bikes on a walk because i can't run/push the stroller/hang on to my jeans so they don't fall down all at the same time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!