Full fat or low fat Greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh my word this is turning into a right debate. The joys of blog posting . The main reason I started this post was to get advice, share people's experiences with choosing full fat or low fat Greek yogurt for strength training benefits I .e weight training, Les mills body pump ect . Those who regularly do this need a high protein diet to help maintain and repair muscles used. the full fat /,low fat ? Was to help with losing body fat as fat uses less calories when exercising Whereas muscle increases calorie burn and I want to get rid of the extra 5% ive gained my BMI is 29 which is high (classed as overweight ) Not to turn it into a silly debate.
    At the end of the day we all have our own opinions, I was just airing mine ,, and it's all got turned around to something different,, and yes I do feel that I'm being made to look a fool and don't know what I'm talking about by some of the comments, made here. my last post was to help answer certain individuals ?s I could post hundreds and hundreds of posts like the last one,, if you don't want to believe it then these posts will not change your opinion.

So on that note, enjoy the rest of your night/day and all the best with achieving your goals using MFP
  • hippytee
    Options
    full fat. It tastes better, has better texture, and keeps me full longer. I found this brand called greek gods and their plain, full fat greek yogurt is nearly life changing. I've found that too , full fat over low fat every time , yummy
  • hippytee
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    The things listed in the BAD FATS list just made me burn a few calories laughing.

That's good then lol
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    hippytee wrote: »
    Oh my word this is turning into a right debate. The joys of blog posting . The main reason I started this post was to get advice, share people's experiences with choosing full fat or low fat Greek yogurt for strength training benefits I .e weight training, Les mills body pump ect . Those who regularly do this need a high protein diet to help maintain and repair muscles used. the full fat /,low fat ? Was to help with losing body fat as fat uses less calories when exercising Whereas muscle increases calorie burn and I want to get rid of the extra 5% ive gained my BMI is 29 which is high (classed as overweight ) Not to turn it into a silly debate.
    At the end of the day we all have our own opinions, I was just airing mine ,, and it's all got turned around to something different,, and yes I do feel that I'm being made to look a fool and don't know what I'm talking about by some of the comments, made here. my last post was to help answer certain individuals ?s I could post hundreds and hundreds of posts like the last one,, if you don't want to believe it then these posts will not change your opinion.

So on that note, enjoy the rest of your night/day and all the best with achieving your goals using MFP

Opinion? You stated it as fact. Your own words below:
    Wasn't being personal,,, it's a proven fact that certain foods in excess do just that, Diabetes 2 heart heart attacks ect ect so on that note I sharnt be replying to your posts Have a nice day and good luck with your health and fitness

No one turned anything around, they just wanted you to clarify your "fact".
  • hippytee
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »
    BAD FATS
    Palm and coconut oil

That's such a BS!!! Coconut oil is considered one of the most healthiest fats
    BAD FATS
    High-fat cuts of meat (beef, lamb, pork)

More BS!!! I've been eating rib-eye, prime rib, and skirt steak 2 -3 times per week and I'm getting leaner and leaner smoothly losing weight. As a matter of fact, 13 Oz of skirt steak today!

All the protein you're eating, protein Buiding yr muscles and muscle burn more calories than fat , nice one,, I have the disadvantage of having more body fat right now, with being a woman , age and lapsing the past 6 months or so ,, back on track now
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    BAD FATS
    Palm and coconut oil

BAD FATS

More BS!!! I've been eating rib-eye, prime rib, and skirt steak 2 -3 times per week and I'm getting leaner and leaner smoothly losing weight. As a matter of fact, 13 Oz of skirt steak today!

All the protein you're eating, protein Buiding yr muscles and muscle burn more calories than fat , nice one,, I have the disadvantage of having more body fat right now, with being a woman , age and lapsing the past 6 months or so ,, back on track now

Protein doesn't build your muscles.

sb3hn4.gif
  • hippytee
    Options
    Prizepoggle , funny lol but maybe you're just posting now to get a reaction as a thought with your first post and to be annoying , good on ya why don't you go and annoy someone else ok
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    BAD FATS
    Palm and coconut oil

BAD FATS

2 points:
    1. I don't know why you took my reply personally, it was not directed towards you but the incorrect information of the article. If I interpreted your reply incorrectly, I apologize.
    2. Sorry that you've lapsed and if you cold, I would help. I know when I fell of the wagon years ago, I analyzed and learned why and slowly progressed and acquired knowledge.
    3. Ok, one more. Back to the topic - dont be so defensive. I think what the majority is trying to tell you that it's the caloric deficit or surplus that matters for losing or gaining fat - not food demonizing. Fats are not bad, neither are carbs, or protein - eat at moderate caloric deficit to give you enough food so you dont crave and dont binge.

I sincerely wish you well
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Prizepoggle , funny lol but maybe you're just posting now to get a reaction as a thought with your first post and to be annoying , good on ya why don't you go and annoy someone else ok

Why are you annoyed?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Negative. The only truly annoying thing here is the spreading of blatant lies in regards to food and you making your own personal beliefs about food sound like medical fact. I'm simply challenging that because there are people who lurk on this forum and will take your misinformation and run with it. What you perceive to be "bad carbs" are not the cause of heart disease and diabetes, and protein does not build muscle (lifting heavy while eating at a slight surplus will do that though).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP as others have said, eat whatever yogurt you like that fits in your calories and macros for the day. May also want to be a little less defensive and presumptuous that your strength training is so unique and therefore makes your goals and needs different than so many of the people posting here today....
  • hippytee
    Options

Oh my word Prizepoggle you are very challenging, good on ya I'm challenging too ,, but with my exercise not verbally or by just posting post after post like a stuck record ,just to be an annoyance , that's the vibe I'm getting from you ,, I think I'm right I trust my instinct it never lets me down And cause of all the what I believe to be BS posts I keep getting from you when ever I post on here .
    let me explain AGAN I'm only giving my opinion, and also what has been explained by professional people, THE LONG POST was not made by me but a reputable source and no they won't, people believe what they want to believe. I can't make them do it I wouldn't want to, I'm not wanting to misinform anyone,, if anyone reading the posts feel I am doing , it's just not the case at all. If anyone has any concers about posts , they can go and reasearch it or ask their doctor/professional.
    And the protein comment not gonna go into that one with you,, no point cause I find you just annoying and just wanting to point score or /Battle of wills scenario ,, carry on if you like I'm not and I mean it now answering any more BS posts from you. That my choice like you have your choice to carry on posting
    I think by now some might not be so polite and told you to Sling your hook in not such a nice way.

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I need an Advil.
  • hippytee
    Options
    BAD FATS
    Palm and coconut oil

BAD FATS

2 points:
    1. I don't know why you took my reply personally, it was not directed towards you but the incorrect information of the article. If I interpreted your reply incorrectly, I apologize.
    2. Sorry that you've lapsed and if you cold, I would help. I know when I fell of the wagon years ago, I analyzed and learned why and slowly progressed and acquired knowledge.
    3. Ok, one more. Back to the topic - dont be so defensive. I think what the majority is trying to tell you that it's the caloric deficit or surplus that matters for losing or gaining fat - not food demonizing. Fats are not bad, neither are carbs, or protein - eat at moderate caloric deficit to give you enough food so you dont crave and dont binge.

I sincerely wish you well

No no your ok wasn't taking it personal , was being jolly with you,, I'm just sick of a certain individual on here posting and posting I find that person being personal / and targeting me. / a battle of wills things going on so thank you that person you've achieved yr challenge for the day as the saying goes you may have won the battle ,, but not the war Lol He/ she will be reading every post on here to find something else to post ,, but I just find it silly , annoying , tedious and boring .
    On a positive note
    Thanks muchly greatly appreciated, enjoy the rest of your day. Enjoy your workout A ❤️❤️❤️ Pumping at the gym ( pardon the pun lol) gives you such a buzz doesn't it,, and end up looking and feeling damn good.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I like 0% Greek yogurt...appreciate the marginally higher protein levels for fewer calories and as I eat it daily that's how I fit it in

There are no good or bad foods / Carbs

You will find it difficult to build muscle in a defecit, unless you are one of the exceptional outliers like a noob, severely overweight or teen boy

Protein doesn't build muscle ...heavy, progressive lifting programme at maintenance / above does

Protein is important for muscle / cell repair. Muscles don't tone, they get bigger or smaller...it's a misappropriation of tonus. Body fat levels reveal or hide muscle giving that "toned" look

And from what I can see @PrizePopple has given you appropriate and accurate information and advice throughout this thread and you seem to be reacting badly, although I can't see why
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Full fat, 10%, because taste and texture and satiety.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    5% because I love that flavour and that's all it comes in.

Someone sure is flag happy in here. Perhaps @kgeyser could pop in here and explain how they are supposed to be used? (Hint: It's not a dislike, or disagree button)

Oh, and when you're quoting, you can simply type below the /quote] tag.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I don't know why everyone always assumes that it's a specific person* flagging in any given thread, but here are the guidelines about flags: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points

*Often the individuals flagging in a thread are not even participating in the discussion, so posts accusing or insinuating that it's a certain individual are often wrong. It's also a violation of the community guidelines to express concerns about guideline violations on the forums (specifically guideline 11b), so please just report any flagging concerns to the mods using the Report feature.
This discussion has been closed.