Full fat or low fat Greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    hippytee wrote: »
    Wasn't being personal,,, it's a proven fact that certain foods in excess do just that, Diabetes 2 heart heart attacks ect ect

You might want to educate yourself about T2Dm. "Bad" carbs or certain foods do NOT give it to you. People develop T2Dm because (in order of commonality):
    1. genetics
    2. obesity (from eating too many calories, not carbs)
    3. age (the pancreas gets old, just like the rest of the body)
    4. long term use of certain medications (especially antidepressants and statins)
    5. there is also strong correlation, not yet proven causation, to environmental factors

The most common way of managing it is diet and exercise, with medication or even insulin required for some. Diet does NOT mean only eating certain carbs, it means keeping the total carbs consumed to whatever amount will work to keep the hemoglobin a1c in the normal range. Most recommendations are anywhere between 100-180 g a day, spread out over the whole day.
  • hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for yr info ,, no need to get shirty though ,,, I don't know her personally , this app is for people to encourage and motivate that's all I was doing. Wasn't being anything else , I've been 16 stone once lost over half of that ,so I guess I've been at it a while too.

It's one thing to encourage and motivate and another to say specific foods will cause you health problems in the future.
    Oh my word Prizepoggle you are very challenging, good on ya I'm challenging too ,, but with my exercise not verbally or by just posting post after post like a stuck record ,just to be an annoyance , that's the vibe I'm getting from you ,, I think I'm right I trust my instinct it never lets me down And cause of all the what I believe to be BS posts I keep getting from you when ever I post on here .
    let me explain AGAN I'm only giving my opinion, and also what has been explained by professional people, THE LONG POST was not made by me but a reputable source and no they won't, people believe what they want to believe. I can't make them do it I wouldn't want to, I'm not wanting to misinform anyone,, if anyone reading the posts feel I am doing , it's just not the case at all. If anyone has any concers about posts , they can go and reasearch it or ask their doctor/professional.
    And the protein comment not gonna go into that one with you,, no point cause I find you just annoying and just wanting to point score or /Battle of wills scenario ,, carry on if you like I'm not and I mean it now answering any more BS posts from you. That my choice like you have your choice to carry on posting
    I think by now some might not be so polite and told you to Sling your hook in not such a nice way.
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Wasn't being personal,,, it's a proven fact that certain foods in excess do just that, Diabetes 2 heart heart attacks ect ect

You might want to educate yourself about T2Dm. "Bad" carbs or certain foods do NOT give it to you. People develop T2Dm because (in order of commonality):
    1. genetics
    2. obesity (from eating too many calories, not carbs)
    3. age (the pancreas gets old, just like the rest of the body)
    4. long term use of certain medications (especially antidepressants and statins)
    5. there is also strong correlation, not yet proven causation, to environmental factors

The most common way of managing it is diet and exercise, with medication or even insulin required for some. Diet does NOT mean only eating certain carbs, it means keeping the total carbs consumed to whatever amount will work to keep the hemoglobin a1c in the normal range. Most recommendations are anywhere between 100-180 g a day, spread out over the whole day.

• hippytee
    Options
    Thanks all, for your posts whether being negavitive
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm also aiming for muscle I've been eating Greek God's Greek yogurt. Vanilla Honey. It's the best I've tasted. I put some granola and berries and it's Heaven! I just bought another kind chobani but I don't care for it too much. They didn't have my favorite so I settled. But I will get some more Greek god's when I get to the store.
  • hippytee
    Options

I'm also aiming for muscle I've been eating Greek God's Greek yogurt. Vanilla Honey. It's the best I've tasted. I put some granola and berries and it's Heaven! I just bought another kind chobani but I don't care for it too much. They didn't have my favorite so I settled. But I will get some more Greek god's when I get to the store.

• hippytee
    Options
    Vanilla's my fav flavour too, the low fat one tasteless, so I'm back on the full fat one now, Vanillas my favourite too, tried it with honey but way to sickly on the tastebuds. Will keep on with the full fat from now on, a little of what you fancy is better than none at all. Everything in moderation !
  • hippytee
    Options
    Having a heatwave here right now
  • hippytee
    Options
    All body in posts not happening right now , MFP still playing up boo lol
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks all, for your posts whether being negavitive

Whether being negative or...??? You kind of left us hanging there with that incomplete sentence.

Trying to correct misinformation about nutrition and fitness being spread is not being negative.

Intentionally mistyping someone's user name, calling them annoying, and condescendingly referring to people as "Hun", well, that may be a different story.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    All body in posts not happening right now , MFP still playing up boo lol

Quoting system is just fine.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Either way- protein doesn't build muscles.
    And neither does body pump.

Finally- to stay on topic- I prefer a fuller fat yogurt- but in a pinch I'll use the lower fat if I can- I bounce back and forth based on calories and what I need/am willing to sacrifice.

Right now I'm doing a whole egg/egg white combo- when I get sick of it- I'll probably drop the full fat yogurt and go to a lower fat- and up my eggs to whole eggs.

It's all about checks and balances.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I suspect OP's English is not her primary language.

Finally- to stay on topic- I prefer a fuller fat yogurt- but in a pinch I'll use the lower fat if I can- I bounce back and forth based on calories and what I need/am willing to sacrifice.

Right now I'm doing a whole egg/egg white combo- when I get sick of it- I'll probably drop the full fat yogurt and go to a lower fat- and up my eggs to whole eggs.

Well said!! I really like non-fat yogurt. I also like full fat, but I would rather use the extra fat calories for something that matters to me. I don't like egg white, I want the whole egg. I also don't like reduced fat cheese (except Neufchatel) so I save my fat calories for those things instead of yogurt.

• JoRocka
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

I suspect OP's English is not her primary language.

Well said!! I really like non-fat yogurt. I also like full fat, but I would rather use the extra fat calories for something that matters to me. I don't like egg white, I want the whole egg. I also don't like reduced fat cheese (except Neufchatel) so I save my fat calories for those things instead of yogurt.

Yeah I can't do plain egg whites- it's icky.
    Best I can do it seems is 2 whole to 3 whites- 2:4 ratio is to steep. But I don't mind 2:3 or 3:4. But yeah- it's little trade off's everywhere to figure out what makes food happy for you personally and life livable!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I go for the low fat/light versions. I'm in the camp who'd rather spend calories on something else.
  • hippytee
    Options
    Haaaa haaa l I think there's maybe a little bit of Englishism going on here . RULE BRITANIA ,, and yes i speak it rather well.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Ok then clever clogs ,,,seeing that I can't speak English or know anything at all about anything it seems that I post what does build muscle.

wasn't trying to be smart- was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt on why perhaps your sentences are so hard to read.

for example:
    ".....know anything at all about anything it seems that I post what does build muscle."

what does that even mean??
  • hippytee
    Options
    Ok Jo sorry It came across that way that's all
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I don't like many no-fat or low-fat items. Calorie wise, I noticed very little difference from full fat. I will spend the extra 20 to 50 calories to eat full fat yogurt that tastes much better.
  • hippytee
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I don't like many no-fat or low-fat items. Calorie wise, I noticed very little difference from full fat. I will spend the extra 20 to 50 calories to eat full fat yogurt that tastes much better.
    Sugars added to them anyway to help make them taste better, and still they taste yuk, esp salad cream and Mayo.
This discussion has been closed.