Men, why you shouldn't go all the way on the first date.

Options
1235»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Crazy women out there these days. Please stay safe
    I really wish you'd keep our personal stuff off the Internet.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    If she has bad hygiene down there, you'll have nightmares for weeks. if i get it too soon before i connect with her, i may lose interest in her after sex.

Don't know why a man wouldn't have sex on the first date, there is no stigma and severe consequence for men like there is for women; i.e. the slut label and pregnancy.

Unless you are a worthless ****ing piece of **** the pregnancy is just as much an issue for the guy.
  • rml_16
    Options
    If she has bad hygiene down there, you'll have nightmares for weeks. if i get it too soon before i connect with her, i may lose interest in her after sex.

Don't know why a man wouldn't have sex on the first date, there is no stigma and severe consequence for men like there is for women; i.e. the slut label and pregnancy.

Unless you are a worthless ****ing piece of **** the pregnancy is just as much an issue for the guy.
    Maybe he means the guy won't get all fat and sick? lol
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I try not to, but they are always begging and pushing for it. Sometimes I just want to enjoy dinner and have some conversation, what is wrong with all you women!? :frown:

Jenna_zps522de8d3.gif

Stop being so damn irresistible. :love:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Yes, the pregnancy will affect the male too. He could be sued for child support if he never wanted the child whereas women have the option of abortion for a child that they do no want. There aren't many options for men, wear a condom or get a vasectomy.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would say that sex on the first date maybe wrong is simply because sex is hard enough with a couple that truly know and love each other... As strange as this may sound coming from a guy but, I would rather have sex with a woman I truly love as opposed to having a one night stand...

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of will to do many women... But, I don't want to risk getting women pregnant... Not because her part of a potential child's DNA would be defective, but because I know I have a terrible genetic defect...
  • davidaward14
    davidaward14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a long term relationship than not putting out on the first date is a good way to go. Having sex with a woman too early in a relationship seriously hinders/impairs his judgment. Important red flags will be overlooked or dismissed. At the beginning of a relationship, women (people in general) are likely to wear a mask and not reveal their real personality. However, over time one's true self is revealed because it becomes increasing difficult for anyone to keep up a charade over time.

I received that advice from a divorced man, who has custody of his child (for that to happened his ex-wife has to be really messed up!!!), who admitted to marrying the wrong person. He said all the negative signs and red flags were there; however, because he was too consumed with sex he dismissed many things that he otherwise would had not.

Hope that helps!!!
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Does anyone wait for marriage?

I don't. But I also don't put out on the first date. Generally, dating is when you're getting to know someone. I don't want someone I don't know getting all intimate with my intimates. I want someone who I can stand, can be friends with, and have built up attraction for. Half the fun in a relationship is also anticipation. If they've done it all on the first date, how much build up is that?

I'm also twice divorced from two marriages where I had definite blinders on. Those were hurtful situations and marriage meant nothing for them. So for me, I'm happy living with a really great guy and not being married at this time. It amazes all the people who think of a date as basically a free session with a hooker. Maybe I'm old fashioned too, even if not on the scale of waiting for marriage.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Maybe he means the guy won't get all fat and sick? lol

That comes after marriage.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I waited for marriage to stop putting out.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Parenthood.

ARe you ready?
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Having sex with a woman too early in a relationship seriously hinders/impairs his judgment. Important red flags will be overlooked or dismissed. At the beginning of a relationship, women (people in general) are likely to wear a mask and not reveal their real personality.

I received that advice from a divorced man, who has custody of his child (for that to happened his ex-wife has to be really messed up!!!), who admitted to marrying the wrong person.

Having sex early on in the relationship seriously hinders and impairs HER judgment as well. She may miss all of his red flags and he's likely pretending too. Sad, isn't it? Also, bear in mind, not all men who have custody of their kids were married to an unfit mother. My daughter opted to go back and forth between her father and I. She's 18 and quite well adjusted at this time. But yes, there are some bad situations and some insane women out there. Oi. With my last husband, all of the red flags were there and we'd known each other for many years, but I still dismissed them and overlooked them with that moon in the eyes "love of my life" crap that people get.
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    oh! try before you buy, why waste time money and effort if one of the most important things in the relationship isnt any good :P

but be safe use protection!
  • rml_16
    Options

I don't. But I also don't put out on the first date. Generally, dating is when you're getting to know someone. I don't want someone I don't know getting all intimate with my intimates. I want someone who I can stand, can be friends with, and have built up attraction for. Half the fun in a relationship is also anticipation. If they've done it all on the first date, how much build up is that?

I'm also twice divorced from two men who were rather on the emotionally abusive (and otherwise) side. So for me, I'm happy living with a really great guy and not being married at this time. It amazes all the people who think of a date as basically a free session with a hooker. Maybe I'm old fashioned too, even if not on the scale of waiting for marriage.
    Sometimes it's just a connection so strong it defies reason. If you have never actually experienced the whole love at first sight thing (and most people probably never will), it's difficult to explain it. It's almost like your souls already know each other. I've had that exactly once in my life, but unfortunately circumstances made it impossible for us to end up together in the end.

On the other hand, the current SO and I met in January, talked for a few hours and then I didn't see or hear from him again until April. We spent a good five hours just talking, then went to breakfast (at 2 am) with my best friend and another friend and then he came back to my place ...

He was supposed to leave town a few weeks later and I was not looking for a relationship, but I liked him, was attracted to him and it had been a long time. Eight years later, we're still learning about each other.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:
    17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language

No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.