Grocery list HELP

Options
I start my diet in 2 more days. Heres my grocery list. Anybody have any ideas as to what else I should add.

Slimfast
Canned Chicken
Wheat Bread
Eggs
Bacon
Soups
Dole Fruit cups
Protein Bars
Water
Water Enhancers
Salads
Wish-Bone Salad Spritzer in Italian Vinaigrette
Whole wheat wraps
Turkey
Brown Rice
Weight watchers meal

Replies

• Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like to eat. I have never been able to stick to a diet of "diet food". I eat the same things I've always eaten, just in smaller portions and with a heavier lean on the healthy stuff and less of the unhealthy stuff.

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    quinoa, kale salad, watermelon, strawberries, carrots. Fresh, clean foods. What is in season and fresh locally?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I start my diet in 2 more days. Heres my grocery list. Anybody have any ideas as to what else I should add.

Slimfast waste of money
    Canned Chicken i don't know what canned chicken is (is it like canned tuna?) but making your own shredded chicken is as easy as adding chicken breast to a crockpot with two cups of low sodium broth and some spices.
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Soups canned soups are super high in sodium. try making your own.
    Dole Fruit cups lots of sugar from syrup
    Protein Bars lots of sugars and sodium
    Water
    Water Enhancers meh
    Salads
    Whole wheat wraps
    Turkey
    Brown Rice
    Weight watchers mealsodium
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Angierae75 wrote: »
    Whatever you like to eat. I have never been able to stick to a diet of "diet food". I eat the same things I've always eaten, just in smaller portions and with a heavier lean on the healthy stuff and less of the unhealthy stuff.

This. Honestly, I don't regularly buy many of the things on your list. Whether I'm dieting or in maintenance, I eat whatever I like that will keep me from feeling too hungry and give me the macro and micro nutrients my body needs, as long as it's under my calorie goal. Eat what you like but weigh it (ALL solid food) and measure it (ALL liquids including cooking oil, coffee cream, and condiments), log it accurately, and the weight will come off.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Why are you starting in 2 days? Eating less doesn't require any advance preparation.
  • sbogstad
    sbogstad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Why are you starting in 2 days? Eating less doesn't require any advance preparation.
    I was thinking the same. Why start in 2 days? Start tracking now.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Slimfast
    Canned Chicken
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Soups
    Dole Fruit cups
    Protein Bars
    Water
    Water Enhancers
    Salads
    Whole wheat wraps
    Turkey
    Brown Rice
    Weight watchers meal

I'd cut the slimfast (cuz you won't get slim fast with it!), canned chicken, water enhancers, weight watchers meals, protein bars, brown rice (cuz I hate brown rice) & the dole fruit cups. I'd add some fresh veggies, fruits & chicken.

That said, you don't need any special food to lose weight, all you need to do is eat less than you burn.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

Every grocery list should include ice cream
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Cancel the Slimfast and fruit bowls. Buy real fruit and lots of veggies in the produce section. You really can eat anything you want, just eat less.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    These:
    Slimfast waste of money
    Canned Chicken i don't know what canned chicken is (is it like canned tuna?) but making your own shredded chicken is as easy as adding chicken breast to a crockpot with two cups of low sodium broth and some spices.
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Water
    Water Enhancers meh
    Salads
    Whole wheat wraps
    Turkey
    Brown Rice

Fruits and vegetables
    in season and fresh locally
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Slimfast waste of money
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Water
    Water Enhancers meh
    Salads
    Whole wheat wraps
    Turkey
    Brown Rice

^^^^^^ everything she said. "Diet food" is not always the best. Go for the healthiest, most nutritious option. I do think protein bars are a good option though - wouldn't cross them off the list. Add in some fresh or frozen veggies and fruits as well.
  • hlnebel
    hlnebel Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ditch the Slim Fast and fruit cups. Add more fresh fruits and veggies.
  • fr33z3n
    fr33z3n Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Slimfast waste of money
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Water
    Water Enhancers meh
    Salads
    Whole wheat wraps
    Turkey
    Brown Rice

Nailed it ! I would add blueberries, Watermelon, Tuna, Strawberry Sorbet or Sorbet in general.
  • shesbringingsexyback
    shesbringingsexyback Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Ice cream.

Every grocery list should include ice cream

LMAO
  • shesbringingsexyback
    shesbringingsexyback Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Slimfast is the devil
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    These:
    Slimfast waste of money
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Water
    Water Enhancers meh
    Salads
    Whole wheat wraps
    Turkey
    Brown Rice

Fruits and vegetables
    in season and fresh locally

yes, didn't even think to add things like fruits and vegetables to the list.

OP, go and get some bananas and apples, and some oranges and pears. they tend to last for a few days, and they're all pretty much snack sized with tons of nutrients, and pretty easy to grab on the go when you are hungry.

buy some leafy greens too. doesn't just have to be a salad for lunch or dinner. you can stick some spinach in a sandwich, or sautee it and have it on a baked potato.

check out budgetbytes.com for recipe ideas that are very very healthy!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Your list makes me sad. :'( I don't see a lot of flavor or variety. The biggest thing I have learned in this journey is that you have to like what you are eating in order to sustain and learn. Buy what you like to eat, weigh it, log it and enjoy your meals. Don't be lead to believe you have to eat certain foods or boring foods in order to lose. Then have fun with it. Experiment with new foods, flavors or cooking methods. Changing the way you eat does not have to equal boring food or gimmicky weight loss products. Eat real food that makes you feel satisfied.

In regard to your list, what about fresh fruits and vegetables instead of the Dole cups? Instead of canned chicken, grill out or roast some chicken breasts with a yummy seasoning and dice them up. Go online and find a good soup recipe. Make a big pot and freeze leftovers for another time. Try making your own salad dressing. Find a new recipe and make that in place of the WW meal. Freeze leftovers. A lot of these things don't take much time and then you can control what goes in and tailor to your tastes.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pork tenderloin is very good grilled to 145 degrees, or baked, and is low in calories, 160 calories for 4 oz. I also like baked potatoes with spray on 0 calorie butter spray, plus some lean beef steak is low in calories, with salad or vegetables. You can eat real meals just not large portions. What do you like normally for meals? If its not what you like to eat, you wont stick to it for the long haul.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    check out budgetbytes.com for recipe ideas that are very very healthy!

Just checked out this website, Thank you! Awesome ideas and I love that they break down the price per serving!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Slimfast gross
    Canned Chicken
    wth? gross
    Wheat Bread
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Soups
    Dole Fruit cups sugar and more sugar
    Protein Bars eat meat, beans, legumes, peanut butter