WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meg - It was a Sonic. As a general rule I do my best to avoid fast food, but DS and DH like this place, so I decided to be willing to try it. I guess they ONLY do drive-in style service, so only employees can get into the building. // When I mentioned to my GP at my physical that the Prozac makes everyone else less stupid she actually thanked me, because she noticed the same about herself but didn't think anyone would understand. Thank you, Meg, for understanding me.

Tomorrow my Dad's favorite group plays at a Pizza Place, so we are going for supper and "Oldies" music. We sign along, but usually don't dance. I sometimes dance in my chair. Next weekend is "Happy Together Tour" at Wisc. State Fair, and I will definitely dance (and eat at least 1 cream puff).

Today we have 86 degrees, but much less humidity. No news on the lion yet today.

Hugs ! Terri in Milwaukee
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy thurs.Love the afghan!!
    Got up to a nice surprise.One of the kids I send cards to monthly,mom sent me homemade peach preserves from Tenn.The boy sent me a nice pic to put on my frig.
    Son is in a lot of pain after the block wore off,thank God for pain pills and ice machine.lol
    Have a good day
    HUGS
    jane
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Toni – Love the poster. I printed it out. I'm going to hang it in front of my nose. This is exactly what I need right now. Thanks for sharing.

Barbie – I like “reinvented” :). Thanks for keeping us updated with a new month to begin over. It's hard to believe that July is gone already.

Lisa – Absolutely unbeleivable, looks like a whole new place. You're the BOMB!!

Drkatiebug – Cutest story about DD peeling peas. I always told my girls, you'll remember these things forever. That's what makes their young years to special :) Thanks for sharing.

Tuliplor – WHOO HOOOO, happy dance for you. Isn't it great? Enjoy your vacation and don't forget us when you get back.

Coleen in Virginia – Barbie always sets up the new thread for us. She will post it tomorrow evening and you will be able to just “click” on the link. Barbie's the greatest for taking care of us all and keeping us going month to month. :)

Mary in MN – have a terrific time in LV. How long will you be gone. Good luck to DGS in the tourny.

Gawworthington – Wow, you go girl. That's a terrific loss. High five!!

MNMargaret – So sorry about the hacking. It just is such a devastating mess. Good luck, hope you get it all straightened out.

Cheri – Lol Got a good laugh out of your turtle. I just don't seem to be budging for the last several weeks and I'm exercising more than I have in my life and my calories are never over 1200 a day. The weight loss doc said on Monday that I was fine and even my BMI was good for being 65 (pushing 66 quickly). I need to just be happy with where I am and how far I have come, it pounds come off fine, if not I'll learn to be content.

Chris in MA - “I am sooooo glad I decided to crack down and make this lifestyle change when I did ( last September). Now I can thoroughly enjoy my trip because I feel awesome and look pretty darn good too. I have a whole new wardrobe, thanks to the thrift stores, and I can't wait to show it off! I have confidence I never knew I had.”

Chris, You have NO idea how much this meant to me to read this today, actually I'm a little teary right now. So proud of you. This is exactly where I am and how I feel, how can I get discouraged that more is not coming off as quickly as I think it should. When do you leave on your trip? It sounds exciting.

Linda/IA – LOVE, LOVE the tall sandals and the toe nail polish. I have several pair of high wedge sandals and love them.

I have been having trouble sleeping this week. I've had insomnia for years. It usually come and goes in about six week spurts. I'm sleeping around 4 ½ hours. Its not enough. I'vebeen up since 4:30. I went to to pool, no early class on Thursday so did my own thing. Then did a little shopping on the way home. A nap sounds good but for sure would be not sleep tonight if I napped.

Today is my sister and her husband's 49th wedding anniversary. They have all been married from 47 to 50 years, then there's me...married for the 3rd time. I used to really have a hard time saying that. I'm ok with it now, that's just how it goes.

Janetr OKC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!
    Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement!
    Today I stopped a lady that was getting out of the lap pool and confessed that she is my inspiration for coming every day. She is 77, fit and lean as a fiddle. She zips through the water, and passes me by with every length she swims. I told her that I am working to getting lean muscles like her. She was touched, and we stood and chatted for a good 10 min. I am glad I worked up the nerve to approach her. She said she will have fun watching me transform! She also said I was so beautiful. Sweet remarks, and you know I do feel beautiful! I was brave and took my shower after swimming and hot tub, instead of just rinsing off putting my towel back on for the ride back home. I washed my hair, my suit, then spun my suit in the spinner thingy. All the while naked as a jaybird! Haha! There were Moms with their kids getting ready to leave after their toddler swim class. Noticed they were shy, with towels covering upper or lower. These are normal, fit ladies, and it floors me that they can't walk proud and just take off their suits, dry and put their clothes on. They have to make it a production of covering up one part to clothe another part. I guess today makes me realize how unusual I really am and that nudism has really changed me from the inside out.
    Becca, feeling beautiful at the beach on the farthest tip of the northern coast of Oregon :-)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Becca - you are a hoot!! I too keep it all covered as much as possible from the shower to the locker to the little curtained changing room. Congrats on the great job you are doing!!

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,817 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies,
    well i just stuffed myself with junk even though i went to the gym today, why the heck am I sabataging myself :s
    I was cleaning up around the kitchen and got a good look at the sink, it is a stainless under mount double sink, well in between the 2 sink is scraped down the whole middle.. I just called Lowes now they already silaconed the sink in, but will have to come back and give us a new sink or see if there is a way to buff out the scratches..
    un nerving to say the least
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the kudos on the repairing of wood rot. Sometimes the only thing you can do is replace the boards or the door depending on how bad it is. For the wood I repaired it was in window sills. The hardest thing is to do it step by step with patience. It reminds me of filling a tooth. First you dig out the bad stuff until you hopefully hit good wood. If you have carpenter ants you spray for those. Next I take bleach and bleach out the area. Next I use Minwax wood hardener Then depending how big the spot is I have used a foam that is a filler or Minwax makes a compound you have to mix that is nasty smelling and hardens quickly so you only use what you need to fill the hole. Hopefully I caught it before it gets to this stage then if I can I can use a water based wood filler that is easier and less smelly to use.

So again you can see just like some many problems if you can catch it early or hopefully even prevent it in the first place life is so much easier. We are in the process of changing our e-mail. Changing it is the easy part. Informing all who we want to have this new address is the hard part. Here is to strong passwords! :drinker:

Terri we made the news with a local dentist killing a lion in Africa that his hunting party lured out of a preserve. It looks to have ruined his practice at least for now. I never could understand the draw to hunting for sport.

MNMargaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and lost 14 lbs for the month of July.... Starting August with a positive accomplishments!!!!

Yeah! Doing awesome!

Terri - what a fiasco! I hate it when that happens. Hopefully next time you go out to eat everything will go more smoothly!

Chris - congratulations on doing so well! It sounds like you are going to have a fantastic vacation with your friends.

Linda - cute shoes! I love the purple polish. That's my favorite color.

Sylvia - i'm sorry, but I had to laugh at that scratch incident! I hope the car rental place finds it a little humorous.

Meg - i'm glad that you got different countertops that you are going to be happy with. We had to return our countertops one time as well. They actually cut it wrong.

Mary from Minnesota
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello. I do read most of your posts,sooner or later,but can't think of anything interesting to reply about.

Had a great time in Franklin,Tn......DD met with a girl she went to school with. Had dinner out ....in a pizza place we hadn't heard of, "Blaze"...but perfect for light eaters. Very thin crust,lots of toppings to choose from & done in a few minutes.
    Spent a day around Franklin.....lovely older town,but ringed by houses that boggle the mind.DH said "what am I doing here?" LOL
    Then to Pigeon Forge where DD gets a cabin for a wk.The heat was on,so we played board games,enjoyed hot tub & did very little shopping. She took food she cooked & froze......ate out part of the time,so no real cooking.BTW.....she cooks quinoa for herself & likes it,but neither SIL nor Grson cares for it.
    It's taken over 2 yrs of cutting back,cutting down on the "good"food to say my appetite is catching on. Ring the bells & blow the whistles. :) Was beginning to wonder how long a person could stay hungry !
    Was very humid yesterday :s & I had an appt with cochlear implant team at OSU.All is well.Was,lucky to get home before heavy rain hit.Today is nice,blue skies,warm,but not humid.

Ready to make all appts in Spring /Fall.Summer is not my fav season. Only 2 wks till 1 st day of school.Time to start supper prep. Hope everyone has a great wk end. Pat

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    It's taken over 2 yrs of cutting back,cutting down on the "good"food to say my appetite is catching on. Ring the bells & blow the whistles. :) Was beginning to wonder how long a person could stay hungry !

Yay! Good for you.

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Good morning! I went for a 20” walk this morning and will get another 30 minutes of exercise later today

How long does it take you to walk twenty inches? Maybe we should set our goals just a teensy bit higher?

:D
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MNMargaret – Since DH and I moved from Minnesota (Winona) about 7 years ago, we do still follow the news. That whole situation is very sad. That Dentist may need to live in hiding for many generations due to the outrage. I don’t disapprove of hunting, but luring it out of hiding and shooting it while innocent is not a sport, or for food. It is currently believed that our lion is either a mountain lion that got lost, or a domestic that got loose. Every attempt is being made to catch but not kill, and then safely relocating. I wish the best for the MN dentist and his tour guides. I fear it will not end well for any of them.

Becca – Thanks for the inspiration again. I’m not extra shy while in a locker room, but I won’t be doing everything nude, either. I think I’m probably somewhere in between. I am currently teasing my DD about dancing in the dark naked under the moon in the rain (something wiccan she posted on facebook), but she keeps denying when this is supposed to be planned. One time when DH and I were struggling I kept trying to declare “naked day”, but he wouldn’t take the bait, either. I am just destined to be covered-up, and that’s okay, too. I will go as low as mid-thigh baggy shorts and a loose tanktop, but that’s as little as I can go and not feel self-conscious. Kudos to you ! ! !

Mary - yes, everything that could have gone wrong last night did (or at least it seemed that way). Because of our lives, we eat out several times a week, so I guess as a general rule we are lucky with our results. It's just so sad when it is your first attempt at an establishment and it feels like they just don't care about me, only the all-mighty dollar. DS and DH can just keep on going there without me. Today they are at a Golf Driving Range, because DH has a tournament tomorrow and hasn't hit a ball since last fall (I think it started snowing in November last year).

Pat – thanks for chiming in. I hope things continue to move in the correct direction for you. DS and DH won’t eat quinoa if they know that is what I made, but DS will eat it if I don’t tell him (DH won’t try anything his mom hadn’t made him as a child).

My favorite Mexican Grocery Store had 2/$1 mangos and 99 cents/pound Cherries, so I'm stocking up this weekend. Plus, 99cent chicken soft tacos with chips and salsa, so that will be another meal I won't need to cook (just need to limit my chip consumption). Yay ! ! !

Back to work. Terri (Hugs all around again) !
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,728 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Hey Ladies!!!
    Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement!
    Today I stopped a lady that was getting out of the lap pool and confessed that she is my inspiration for coming every day. She is 77, fit and lean as a fiddle. She zips through the water, and passes me by with every length she swims. I told her that I am working to getting lean muscles like her. She was touched, and we stood and chatted for a good 10 min. I am glad I worked up the nerve to approach her. She said she will have fun watching me transform! She also said I was so beautiful. Sweet remarks, and you know I do feel beautiful! I was brave and took my shower after swimming and hot tub, instead of just rinsing off putting my towel back on for the ride back home. I washed my hair, my suit, then spun my suit in the spinner thingy. All the while naked as a jaybird! Haha! There were Moms with their kids getting ready to leave after their toddler swim class. Noticed they were shy, with towels covering upper or lower. These are normal, fit ladies, and it floors me that they can't walk proud and just take off their suits, dry and put their clothes on. They have to make it a production of covering up one part to clothe another part. I guess today makes me realize how unusual I really am and that nudism has really changed me from the inside out.
    Becca, feeling beautiful at the beach on the farthest tip of the northern coast of Oregon :-)

GOOD for you!! that put a smile on my face!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Terri, I don't go to sonic. Partly because the food is just horrible for me, but partly because the servers only get $2.35 an hour or something ridiculous like that. No wonder they give bad service. Supposedly they are expected to get tips, but nobody I know tips there.

I just got back from the car wash and had a horrible time trying to get the bug guts off the outside and the dog hair off the inside. Finally just gave up. Got a little overheated, and only had an apple for lunch, so I wasn't feeling too great. Now I'm home in the cool a/c, eating grapes and catching up on my MFP and Facebook. That's a full time job sometimes.

I hope you are all having a great day.

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Minnesota made the news and it wasn't weather!! Terrible the dentist killing the beautiful lion. Why, paid 54,000 for the permit. He also killed a black bear which was protected. What next??? I'm not doing well today, have a cluster headache, haven't had one for years.. Mary where are you in mm??? Sorry so negative today, all I want is a cookie. All keep up the good wok!!!! I always say " dance in your uniqueness, you're a bore without it" Gayle Minneapolis
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,367 Member
    Options
    Cut myself a 1 oz piece of cheese tonight and didn't go back for more. I'm well under calories. Perhaps my cheese exercises are working! :laugh:

Love Heather UK, with the central heating on. :sad:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday dear ladies. I do hope your day is going well. Last evening I went on an eating party. Not sure the reason, DH was not home and I was tired and just ate what was easy. Today back to basic and not giving up. Full moon and I can tell it at work. Seems to bring out the worst in people and bring the interesting ones to the hospital. DH went on an motorcycle ride with a friend last evening and I decided to stay home. Then the boss calls me at home to tell me the same person called in sick for today. So working short several hours till someone can come in. .

NIce afghan, looks like is has a lot of work in it and beautiful.

Heather--Thanks for the reminder about how much better I am at getting around and doing things since losing weight. I know I have more to lose, but am doing so much better already.

janetr--We get a notice in the mail about 60 days before your driver's license is due. You can then go on line or mail back the card and they send you the license in the mail. I want to go to the court house and get mine next year when it is due so I can have a new picture and for the first time put my true weight on it.

Lesley--WOW! What a difference. Makes me wounder why no one did anything before. I hope they realize how lucky they are to have you taking care of this.

Carol--This has been an bad year for ants. I think I have gotten rid of mine for the most part but it was not easy. Had to spray a couple times outside the house and in the kitchen. I hate them. drives me nuts.

katiebug--I remember when I would visit my grandparents farm when I was young we would go out and pick peas. I would eat as many as I put in the bowl. So sweet and good right off the vine. Thanks for the memory.

Becca--Thanks for showing me I need to be proud of who I am and how far I have come. Also younger ladies that have never been so over weight have no idea what we have gone thru to get where we are.

Well I am once again caught up. Sounds like a broken record. When I get off this evening I want to stop at the farmers market and see about a watermelon for the weekend. DS called last night and went over the food for the weekend. They are doing all the cooking and sounds like we will be eating healthly for the most part. I am looking forward to just being away and spending time with DS and DDIL and DGD. Remember ladies we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OK, I’m to bottom of page 73 now. Will catch up more tonight. Don’t want to be left behind when Barbie posts the new thread. 

Cheri (@csofled) – The afghan turned out great!

Lillian (@Lilymay2) – Happy Belated Birthday!

Joyce (@jmkmomm) – That is so sad that all the men in Charlie’s family die early. Let’s hope he breaks the mold. Good luck to him with the Remicade treatments.

Ina (@iemchico14) – Welcome! Set small goals and keep working towards those goals. Before you know it, you’ll be on your way to that 100 pound loss. I’m only 5’3” and I still feel like I’m 3’ wide.

Alison (@grandmallie) – Sorry Zumba class was cancelled. I’ve tried it myself, but I’m only brave enough to do it in front of my TV. I’m sure you would have a good laugh if you saw my moves.

Lisa (@lhannon062709) – Thanks for posting the pics. You have done an amazing job at that restaurant.

Linda/IA