WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Today is the day I get ready to go to Las Vegas. Now I have to see if I can find all of my clothes that are still packed. Last night we went to DGS baseball tournament. They were in first place going into it and won their first game. DGS got to pitch one inning. He has a doubleheader tonight that will determine who is champion. Then we have to get up really early tomorrow morning for a 4 Hour Dr. into the city. Our flight doesn't leave until three in the afternoon.

Allison-enjoy too bad about your Zumba class. I am glad that you were able to take it easy and have a lot of fun. The massage table sounded wonderful!

Heather-I hope your cheese therapy works! Another thing that I have tried is aversion therapy. You put a rubber band around your arm it every time you think about cheese you give yourself a good whack by snapping the rubber band. It works really well.
    Thanks for the pep talk! I really needed it. Your success is an inspiration!

Toni MN - thanks for the inspirational message! I enjoy reading them. Yay for you on working out last night even when you were wasted. Inches lost are a great NSV!

Barbie - you're right about being reinvented! I feel that I am making myself a priority. I know that I can mold my body and am in charge of my health. I do feel like a different person.

MNMargaret- I love that you fix your own house! You GH should be proud of you and you should be able to spend the difference on yourself!

Lillian - Happy Birthday! I don't think we had enough time to celebrate you! Did you have a great day?

DJ - i'm glad that you were able to sleep better last night!

Lori - congratulations on the weight-loss! You're going to have so much fun in Disneyland.

Colleen- that happens a lot with posts on here. I always cut and paste my hear from a document. That way if it happens I have a backup. Plus I couldn't read and type at the same time.

Carol/peach - good luck with the ant control! I always used Terro. That's the only thing that works for me. Good luck.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    morning peepheads -

well today I rode to work again with my regular backpack for the first time. did ok. I could feel the pressure now of the bone being pushed down. neck is still bothering me. the dizzy poop is I think gone... lets see if it stays that way :0)

annr - thanks for the compliment! i am tuff (sometimes) B)

csofled - afghan sooks cozy/toasty/warm/comfy...

poerava - :0)

grandmallie - shake whatcha mamma gave ya!!you can put some headphones dance and do your own zumba class, you don't need no stinkin instructor!!

lhannon
    - wowzers.. come over and clean up my house.. i have a broken shoulder remember? are you feeling sorry for me yet??? ;0)

tuliplor - YEAYYYYY FOR YOUR LOSS !!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!

fanncy - hold on to the handrails when going up and down those steps in vegas!!!!! they are a killer or at least a shoulder breaker!

type to ya later chicklettes
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Carol - I love you spaying ants. I bet they are teeny tiny! Lol.

JanetM - you should have done my "cheese exercises"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought lots of cheese today so I have yet to see if they are going to work. So far no cravings. :bigsmile:

The Hairy Bikers are a couple of motorcycle guys who present cookery shows. A few years ago they did a series called The Hairy Dieters. I have the recipe book on Kindle. At the time they lost loads of weight, but some of it is back on. Since then there have been two more "diet" books, but I haven't got those. The recipes are very traditional and filling, but lighter in calories. My favourite is tonight's Spanish-style chicken bake. DH and I refer to it as Hairy Bikers when we are thinking about what to eat. You can google the recipe. I use skinless, boneless chicken thighs and a red pepper, not green. I make half the recipe. Having it with green veg. I also always make my lasagne their way, except I use zucchini strips instead of leeks. Their white sauce is thickened with cornflour, not a roux, so much lighter. I also make their lamb tagine. I really enjoy their programmes. Just over a year ago Si King had a brain aneurysm and was poorly for a long while. He is OK now.

Cheri - good work on the afghan! Ain't Utube grand! ? I am about to find out how to unstick a radiator valve. My bathroom radiator has stopped working. I did ask the repair man last time, but I clearly wasn't paying enough attention. We have had some really chilly nights and a five minute boost of heat makes a difference.

I'm making yoghurt today and baking beetroots for salads. I love them in the quinoa type mix that Sylvia was talking about. If I am feeling energetic I make my own, boiling quinoa, brown rice and puy lentils together for 20 mins. You can freeze it in portions. If I am not then I open a Merchant Gourmet microwaveable packet and that lasts 2 days. I put all kinds of salady things in with the grains and beetroot and a touch of Philly Light for sharpness. Lemon juice. Chilli. Delicious lunch. :bigsmile:
    Around 320 cals.

Lisa - lovely work! How satisfying! :flowerforyou: Glad you are looking after yourself as well.

Meg - How annoying about the colour! :grumble: I HATE renovations. Our kitchen needs painting, but I'm putting it off. :ohwell: Come to think of it, so does the hall and stairway. :sad:

Love to all. Heather in slowly warming up Hampshire UK
    27681614.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Betty in WNY: Congratulations on the loss! Adult child worry syndrome is a phrase that applies to so many of us from time to time, including me. You have my heartfelt sympathy. :flowerforyou:

Lagopus: Black raspberry cobbler, black raspberries on ice cream, black raspberry Kuchen, black raspberries in a bowl for snacking . . . Yum!!! :flowerforyou:

Sue in WA: Golden Zucchini can be used exactly the same ways as green zucchini. I like them raw in salad, and also steamed or saute'd. I love to use the two together for adding color and interest. :flowerforyou:

drkatiebug: Slow weight loss is a good thing. It is more likely to stay off and not get to be a yoyo. You do know who wins the race between the tortoise and the hare. :flowerforyou:

Annr: Congratulations on your success! :flowerforyou:

Beautiful work on the afghan! :heart:

Heather: Add me to the list of those who are amazed and delighted with the difference that losing weight has made. I am happier and healthier than I've ever been. :heart:

Lisa: I love the before and after photos. You've made a huge difference! :flowerforyou:

It looks like another hot day here in Oregon. I went to my dear grandniece's bridal shower yesterday and enjoyed visiting with people. She's in her twenties, but seems much younger and more innocent than I expected. It was refreshing.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

July Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and lost 14 lbs for the month of July.... Starting August with a positive accomplishments!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy026.gifColleen , I'll start the new thread for August at my bedtime tomorrow night and post the link at the bottom of this thread so when you come to the thread Friday night or Saturday morning, look at the posts at the end and the link will be there....just click on the link and you'll find us....then don't forget to click the star at the top to bookmark it so you can find it again.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif --now I'm off to my line dance class
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and lost 14 lbs for the month of July.... Starting August with a positive accomplishments!!!!

Wow! Congrats on your success! smiley-dance008.gif

Cheri NE Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    Carol did you use paint on cement. I made that mistake and it will peel. The solution is to find the the best matching cement stain . Remove as much of the peeling paint and use the stain to fill in. Also make sure area is dry before applying stain.

For all my friends here...If you have not changed the password on your e-mail account(this is your @whatever server you are using) for awhile think about it. We are dealing with someone hacking our e-mail account. Major headache. Make sure pick a strong password and do not use the same password on multiple accounts and do change them. I know you have heard this before but we are living the headache because we did not follow this advice.

So for the next several days I will be preoccupied working on straightening out this problem. Still I hope to check in.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • csofled
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Betty in WNY:
    drkatiebug: Slow weight loss is a good thing. It is more likely to stay off and not get to be a yoyo. You do know who wins the race between the tortoise and the hare. :flowerforyou:

I need to be told this too! :)

Slow weight loss is a good thing.

There maybe that will help. Thank you for reminding those of us who are on the slow train to weight loss!

jsfrniz35hig.png

Cheri NE Ohio
  • cd_va
    cd_va Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    smiley-happy026.gifColleen , I'll start the new thread for August at my bedtime tomorrow night and post the link at the bottom of this thread so when you come to the thread Friday night or Saturday morning, look at the posts at the end and the link will be there....just click on the link and you'll find us....then don't forget to click the star at the top to bookmark it so you can find it again.

Easy peasey!! Thank you!!!
  • csofled
    Options
    and Cheri used to live in my hometown~

That is correct. We lived in Portland, Connecticut for 8 years. That is where we started our family. My son and daughter were both born in Middletown across the river from Portland. Our daughter started kindergarten in Portland. We moved to Parkland, Florida mid-year. Loved our time in Connecticut as I had lived there as a child in Wethersfield. Nice memories.

Cheri NE Ohio
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Mary we are looking into a system similar to what my brother has because his home was built in the 20's it has radiators too. The system does not use duct work. It looks like a room AC mounted on a wall. It is also possible for it to produce heat too. The condenser is on the outside of your home. I was on the third flood of his home when I visited St. Louis recently and I was quite comfortable. I agree the last few summers I haven't felt we needed it. It was that summer about three years ago when it was hot and humid most of the summer I felt we needed it. The windows we have in our home do not accommodate room AC's. We have one build in AC in our kitchen and it is getting quite old.

I have an older Cape home and had a ductless air conditioner installed in my home a few years ago. I love it!
    Chris in MA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options

yeayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options

Woweeeeeeeeee! Oh my word! The most I ever lost in a month, many years ago, was 10 lbs. Good work! Don't be upset if it slows down later. :flowerforyou:

Heather UK

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday ! ! !

Meg – sorry you are having troubles with the counter top. When you have an idea in mind, nothing short of what you want is acceptable. I hope you find it.

Becca, Mia, Drkatiebug, etc – Congrats on the positive mind-set. Self reward is wonderful, and feeling better and healthier is definitely worth the effort.

LOVE the afghan. Can’t wait to try it myself.

DJ, Barbie, etc – me too about the day date. My DH considers having a meal at the picnic tables that are set up at the front of Sam’s Club a date. When did I get so old and married???

Michele – No sale on the bananas this week. Today I will be getting Milk 2 gal for $5.00, cod $4.99/pound, and raspberries 3/$5.00, plus whatever DS and DH wants that is affordable. This weekend will be a different store for: boneless/skinless chicken breast $1.99/pound, milk 1 gal $1.99, and cantaloupe $1.99 each, plus probably some Gatorade for DS to keep him hydrated during weights and grass cutting (if it ever rains).

Joyce – If I remember to put the banana in the oatmeal right away (today I forgot, and it was still frozen), I don’t heat the oatmeal until I get to work and finish my workout, so the banana is thawed, and mushes right into the oatmeal, then I microwave for 60 seconds and have breakfast before the clinic opens. Today the banana was still frozen, so it took 90 seconds in the microwave.

Ina – Welcome. I like to break up my workouts. My goal is 30 minutes per day, so if I ride the bike at work for 10 minutes before work, use the handbike for 10 minutes during lunch, then another stationary bike after work or at home, I have met my goal. My job is sitting, so I also try to get up to walk around or stretch at least every hour, and my co-workers remind me. I hope you quickly find what works for you.

MNMargaret – I just am in awe of the fact that you fixed your own wood rot. I need to replace a few boards on our second story deck, and I can’t find anyone to even come out to give me a bid. DH won’t do anything around the house, because it is in the names of me and my Dad, and not in his name, so he acts like he is a renter. I would do it if I could, but I have no idea what I’m doing. Again, R E S P E C T ! ! !

Lori – Congrats and enjoy. It will be so much more fun with your new body, attitude, and desires.

Gaw – Congrats. Keep up the good work! You are worth it.

It’s 5:00pm somewhere, right? It is already “one of those days” . Too much (and HIPAA laws) to put down here. Just please send me virtual hugs. Thanks!

Just a little pity-party about yesterday, then I will be over it. The reason I keep taking a low dose of Prozac is – my DH and DS (and a few others in my life) are less stupid when I take it. Here is what happened yesterday (and neither can figure out why it made me upset): I noticed that there was a 50% off sale at one of their favorite fast food places, so I sent them each a text to let them know. When I was less than 2 minutes from home, DH called to say they were leaving for there, and I should make my own supper. My response is “really, I find the deal and I can’t come along?”. So, yes, they will wait for me to get home. When I get home, neither is dressed or wearing shoes (shirts and underwear, no pants). So I sit around waiting for them to get ready. I input a bunch of choices into MFP on my phone, and we are ready to leave. When we get there, the order button doesn’t work (drive-in), so we have to go to a different spot. I tell DH what I want, and he orders it wrong, so I have to fix it by yelling across the car and outside to fix my order. DS then says “I want mine the same as Mom”, but DH ignores him and closes the order (apparently he thinks that we should all eat everything the way he wants it, not the way we each prefer). The final total is about $10 more than I think it should be, so when the receipt comes, I look it over and it makes no sense to me. I try to go into the building to have the receipt explained to me, but it is locked with passwords. Eventually someone answers a call button, and is unable to explain it to me. A few minutes later a manager comes to our car. She states that the slushy that I order is not part of the ½ price deal, because it is not a slushy, but an ice cream slushy. I ask to see where the flavors and distinctions are located, but nothing is on the menu board, so she walks away. Needless to say, I will NEVER be back to any of their locations, and if I can get DH to give me the receipt, I will also be e-mailing the company.

My lunch replacement has arrived, so I need to go to Fitness and do my 10 minutes on the hand bike. More Later.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Looks like we've been a bunch of losers this month. Congrats to Becca, Drkatiebut, Beth in WNY, Toni in MD, Lori and Gawworthing (sorry if I missed anyone). Great job!!

Cheri...what a beautiful afghan. The pattern and colors are just lovely.

Lisa in TX...you and your family should be extremely proud of the work you've done in the restaurant. Enjoy your weekend with your lovely family.

Heather...into bartering? I'll paint your rooms if you teach me your delicious recipies. I actually like painting.

The instructor graciously let me swap classes this morning so now I am doing Butts & Guts instead of running. It was an intense hour and I haven't worked that hard in ages! It felt so good to stop and I am happy to report that no guts were spilled. Someone else suggested waking up earlier to get exercise out of the way. I highly recommend this. I am in no sense of the word a morning person, but when I decided to sign up for a 5:30 am class I "trained" for getting up that early by increasing my wakeup time 5 minutes/day. I now get up every morning early and exercise, even before my mornng coffee! It is so nice to have it done so I can do whatever I want after work and not have to worry about fitting it in.

My group of friends going to Mexico with me decided to sign up for a snorkeling trip. I was very excited to see that in addition to snorkeling we will also have the opportunity to paddleboard. This is something I have been wanting to try. This trip also includes a lunch and open bar... what is not to love!

I am sooooo glad I decided to crack down and make this lifestyle change when I did ( last September). Now I can thoroughly enjoy my trip because I feel awesome and look pretty darn good too. I have a whole new wardrobe, thanks to the thrift stores, and I can't wait to show it off! I have confidence I never knew I had.

Thank you ladies for having my back, I really appreciate all your support.
    Have a great day!

Chris in MA where it is quite steamy
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OK, falling behind on posts again. I’m at the bottom of page 72 and will have to catch up later as today is a busy day at work with several conference calls.

Pip (@pipcd24) – Sounds like you are slowly but surely starting to recover (at least from the concussion). Yea!

Jane (@janemartin02) – Glad to hear your son’s surgery went well.

Betty/WNY (@bkrimpet) – Congrats on the 2 lbs! Adult child worry syndrome? I haven’t heard of that, can you educate me?

Meg (@megblair1) – We put granite countertops in our kitchen about 5 years ago and I really like them. Hope you do to. Good luck on finding the right color to go with that sink.

Katie (@drkatiebug) – Slow and steady wins the race, right?

With all the talk about high heeled shoes, I wore my high heels to work just for you gals today. I don’t wear them often and never when I have to stand or walk a lot, but I sure do feel sassy when I wear them. Hopefully this pic will post OK.

Linda/IA

oueqxht4e10d.jpg
  • iemchico14
    iemchico14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Michele, you are so true on ordering out in a restaurant. “ sometimes they think "light" means 1/4 pound versus the 1/2 pound they usually use”. LOL

Rori, I resisted getting a smart phone for years. I finally broke down and got one a couple of years ago and I’m still learning things I can do with it. My favorite is still that I can talk and let it type on emails and IMs. You enjoy yours. mobile.gif

Lillian, you and that pea shellin’ 2 yr old have fun together.

G, I would not only be tired if I did 69 minutes of workout videos but I’d probably be passed out. Good for you! And keep up the good work.

Joyce, you may need to remind Charlie that each generation is living longer than the one’s before, so he might be around past 70. These men that don’t want to pay for maintenance. I always laughed when I was a Realtor, at the people that wouldn’t fix things to enjoy while they lived in their house, but would fork out big bucks to get it ready to sell. Go figure. I hope the treatments go well and Charlie gets faster than normal results. It is ashamed that men can’t just have a good cry to get things off their chest rather than having to get it out in anger. bash.gif

Iemchico14, are you new here? Welcome to a great place for support and information. We have lovely ladies from all experience levels and all over the world. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with a name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Come often and join right in. (Later) Oh, hi Ina.

Allison, I hope you have fun at Zumba. It is such fun but too much hip action for this back of mine. How exciting to get the countertops in. That will really bring things together. (later) Sorry about your Zumba class but there is always next time.

Heather, I go in spurts doing my face exercises and it always reminds me of my mother. She used to make the funniest faces and sometimes noises to go with them. We’d always laugh and it’s such a happy memory. Who are these Hairy Bikers that you are cooking?? Is that legal in the UK? smiley-char025.gif I have to say, that doesn’t sound so appetizing with all that hair. I want you to know that I am so proud of you, too. Especially for your writing. You and others have been such an inspiration. I do find, every day that there are things about being smaller that I never expected. This journey has been so wonderful and I owe much of my success to you lovely ladies.

Toni, congrats on the lost inches!!! I like your sign. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa, good for you taking off a couple of days to spend with your family. The before and after pics say it all. What a great job!!!

MNMargaret
    , what did you do to repair the wood rot? Did you replace boards? I’m impressed.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I slept a bit better last night. Did finally give up and take a sleeping pill. Then got up early this morning so getting a bit of a jump on my day. It’s a few degrees cooler than it’s been but no less humid. I hope each of you has a happy and healthy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Thank you for the warm welcome DJ. My name is Ina and I'm from Magalia, Ca.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I just finished all my drafting that was hanging over my head from yesterday, so now I'm a lady of leisure. For about 20 minutes anyway.

The repair shop called yesterday to say my van is finished. Trouble is the insurance company has not issued the check yet, so we have to chase that down. And I have to clean up the rental van and get it ready to turn in. I refuse to turn it in with dog hair all over the carpet and kid's trash all over the back.

Plus, we have a big long scratch that happened when Bruno stepped on the keys and locked the car doors. he also hit the hatch opening button and the hatch hit the garage door. I messed up big time with that scratch and have to try to figure out what to do about it. I went to an auto supply store and they mixed up a small bottle of touch up paint that was supposed to match. It doesn't. It is much darker. And the little brush inside the bottle was too big and not soft enough, so I didn't get it in the scratch and tried to wipe it off but it was mostly already dry and just smeared. Now it looks like that painting of Jesus that some old lady tried to touch up and it looked so much worse. :s I haven't let hubby see it yet. It was such a nice clean scratch and now it's all messy, with a big dark halo on both sides.

I ordered a multi cooker for myself for my birthday and Amazon said it has shipped. I can't wait to play with it. It is a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker and a bunch of other things all rolled into one. No idea what to make in it but somehow I really needed it.

Cheri, that afghan is just stunning! We have a bunch of afghans that hubby's mother made and I'm afraid to use them. One was coming unraveled and I planned to try to fix it, but never got around to it. That was about 15 years ago. Maybe it's time to look at it again.

Lisa, your restaurant re-do sounds so much like that show on the food network where the guy goes in and totally revamps the restaurants, right down the the menu and the staff. I love that show, but it does make a person wonder about eating at restaurants. You've worked so hard on it!

Alison, I have to wonder, with all you do for everyone around you, when are you going to find time to go to a new gym. Good for you for making the time!

Chris, your Mexico trip sounds like such fun!

Margaret, how did you fix thewood rot? We have some below the door at the lake and hubby has torn it all apart and no has no idea what to do to fix the rot.

Gawworthington and Tuliplor - wow! 14 pounds and 9 pounds in one month! Great work!

Barbie, The quinoa salad has 135 mg of sodium per serving. I try to stay below 100 mg most of the time, but this is worth it. It has cranberries, apples and almonds which should contain benefits (in my mind) that balance out the extra salt.

DrKatie, I used to love picking peas when we were little kids. It was one in the basket and one in the mouth. I love those things raw.

Ina, Welcome! I wish I could be 5'-10" tall!

Pip, the pics of your shoulder nearly made me pass out. I sure hope it heals right and quickly! I would be finding somebody to sue! I forgot how that happened. Not while you were wanking on the escalator, was it?

Meg, too bad about the counter tops. I have granite and love it. Why don't your friends like it? When they installed it though, there were some issues. It is black and white marble and they tried to patch a divot with YELLOW epoxy, then I made them take that out and they put gray in it. It's not a very big place, but it's in a pretty prominent area. I wanted to make them redo it all but hubby said no. So I'm going to do a little faux painting on it one of these days.

Well, time's up. Gotta go do something constructive. Have a wonderful day!

Sylvia

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I went for a 20” walk this morning and will get another 30 minutes of exercise later today. After a nap I plan to do some garden work. The second coat got put on the wood floor this morning and it looks so good. I’m so glad I’ll have a nicer finish on it now. We had to pick different countertops yesterday; the slabs came in nearly white. So this will delay the kitchen by about a week, but who cares? It will be gorgeous when it’s done. We picked another light grey quartz, this one has a bit more color to it. I did see my gray sink yesterday and OMG who knew a sink could be so gorgeous!

Lagopus: just cook them with a bit of water and add truvia if you want more sweetness, that can be the base for many items, or you can just put it on angel food cake.

Margaret: One of our rentals has a boiler for heat; no ductwork either and it works like a charm despite being over 100 years old!

Mia: safe travels!

Barbie: remodeling can be expensive or done on a tight budget all depending on what you want. Not sure what I wrote about the countertops that was so bad, but I have been totally happy with the work being done. The tile floor was done a day early and the wood floor will be done tomorrow in the three days promised. The kitchen should only take 2 days once the new slabs come in and are cut. I’ll be ordering them this afternoon.

Fiddle: well that looks yummy!

Sue: yes you can use the yellow zuc just like the green kind, it has just a slightly different taste

DrKatie: well done on the weight loss!

Cslfled: I love that blue!

DJ: yes we are ordering silestone. I’m glad to hear you like it. I hope it doesn’t hold stains. I hope your shoulder feels better today!

Michele: thanks for the tip about putting a towel on the cat’s head. Although now that I think about it, that may not work for teeth brushing! “)

Rori: hi! I must have missed your story about being nauseated. What all is going on? I hope you are feeling better soon! Picking the second countertop was so much easier than the first one. I think I just was making so many decisions that I was overwhelmed. We had taken this sample home before so I must have liked something about it!

Lillian: hooray for good days! Happy belated birthday!

Joyce; both ACLS and PALS have significantly improved since the days of intubating cats and needing to know every single possible EKG rhythm on earth. The focus now is so much on “quality CPR” you think you’re in a BLS class! I’d think the diarrhea would get to Charlie after a while and he’d change his eating habits.

Ina: welcome to our group!

Heather: you have gained a bunch of wisdom on this journey!

Lori: great news on the weight loss!

Terri: what kind of fast food place is locked so that you can’t get it??? I agree….zoloft always made my kids less stupid!

Linda: now those are some shoes!

Well I am going back outside now to do some gardening and maybe work on the book case I am refinishing. Take care, Meg from Omaha which has much nicer weather today!