Replies

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Dad and me after supper and music qwszwze0fg7b.jpg
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    nccarol - i am screaming right now!!!!! i went to go pick up the prescription and they didn't have it, so i guess they didn't call it in and they are closed. no pain meds for me.

That sucks!!!! Do u know the pharmacy, can they give u a couple??? Did your dr not call in, if so call the after hours #. I had to , going out of town n they didn't get it done. Take care of yourself n ask for what you need, gayle Minneapolis
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10224380/women-ages-50-for-august-2105?new=1

Here is the link to the new thread for August..see you there

75ii51shuzmk.jpg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    JanetMMc - thank you. I asked twice if I could return them if my husband hated them. I was thinking I'd have to take them back. When I showed him out of the bag he said, "those are pants?" But when I modeled them for him he said wow, make you look skinny, lol I'm stepping out on a limb Ha!!

Tonithewriter - I have a young daughter in law and older teenage granddaugthers, they keep "grammie" in style. lol It's hilarious I never thot about the doors on the closet when I took the picture. I'll have to have hubby take them from now on and stand somewhere (ANY WHERE) else. Thanks so much for the kind words. I need to work on my mental image apparently. :neutral: There are three Janets so damitjanet has become DJ and me Janetr, hopefully that helps everyone.

Katla - loved the Blue Moon song, thanks :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    I've had such sad news this evening and I can't stop crying. My brother-in-law and sister in So. California are not dong well. BiL was diagnosed with leukemia 6+ years ago, fought it with chemo and was so sick, finally went into lymphoma and he got very ill. The doctor recommended a stem cell transplant. They live near Riverside and had to go down to SanDiego for the transplant, they ended up being down them for almost 10 months. They did the transplant a year ago in April. He was back home for a couple months doing fairly well and it has been pretty much downhill since then. I talked to them Tuesday night, sis told me she had a cyst on her side that was killing her, I told her get to the doctor ASAP, she has previously had sepsus (sp?). Not sure the chain of events but the both ended up in the hospital Weds. They had to do emergency surgery on BIL and put in a pacemake. Today his heart rate was only 30 so put him on a ventilator and told the kids they need to get there. One in Seattle area, two in Denver area. They did surgery on sis at 7:00 pm this evening CA time to remove the cyst. All I can do is cry. They are 70 and 71, please pray and/or send healing thots their way. Thanks for letting me get it all out. I feel helpless. I used to live out there by them. They had their 50th anniversary last Dec. so I flew me and my daughters out there for the celebration, so glad I did.

Janetr OKC

• janetr7476
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Terri, wow nice picture. If I were still single I might be making eyes at your Daddy. :)

Janetr OKC
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Spent 12 hours Wednesday driving to Colorado, then started helping my son finish up his packing. Thursday more packing, loading the U-Haul truck, then started the deep cleaning. He needs his deposit back. This morning at 3 I started more cleaning, by 8 we were driving across Boulder to turn in the keys, by 9am on the road back to Iowa. Got here at 12:30am. I am dizzy with fatigue but when I close my eyes I see the road. That is 16 hours of driving. I skimmed all the posts. Thanks for the encouragement, lovely afghan, poor Pip, ugh about the countertop, peeling paint is something I have been dealing with since I bought my house-proper prep work is critical to get paint to stick and the people I bought my house from didn't do that, my estimate on removing the tricky tree was 3K too, cute kid shelling peas. Can't remember what else I wanted to comment on. Maybe tomorrow I will be more coherent!
  • Gilly139
    Gilly139 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Poop - hope you get the meds you need real soon.
    Terri - I agree with Janetr that your dad looks so young and handsome.
    Lisa - Congrats on all the hard work you and your wonderful family have put in on the restaurant and hope you manage to have a great time with everyone this weekend.

I am now going to join in the august thread.

Gillian, Suffolk Uk
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    JanetR - I beg to differ w/ your husband. the pants don't make you look skinny. You ARE slender, and you make the pants look good.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    JanetMMcC wrote: »
    JanetR - I beg to differ w/ your husband. the pants don't make you look skinny. You ARE slender, and you make the pants look good.

Lol thanks, Janet, good observation I'll keep that in mind.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    We just finished dinner (left overs from last night) and will walk the dogs across the dam in a little while. For some reason the sun is bothering me a lot today. It seems more intense or something, even though it's a little cooler today than the last few days. We got new life vests so we can go out in the canoe early tomorrow morning. It should be nice then. Tomorrow at 6pm we go pick up the kids from their mom.

We went to the Y to swim laps this morning and there was an enormous dead horsefly floating in my lane. Hubby got rid of him for me. My hero! Of course, I could have done it myself, but he was so gallant!

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Sylvia

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    We're not where I have much control over meals - I doubt I will have lost any on Tuesday at weigh-in. Maybe my exercise will help overall. :|B):'(
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I can't tell if I am on the August thread - did not show how many posts had been posted since August 1st; but, maybe I am - mollywhippet's post was the last one that showed up (on August 1, 2015. I rarely have any postings directed to me (but I've heard this 'thread' can be quite cliquish); but, I will stay on it because I use MFP to enter my caloric intake.
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi Lenora,
    Haven't caught up yet with all of the postings so don't know if you've found the August thread yet but here it is if you haven't -
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10224380/women-ages-50-for-august-2105?new=1

I hope you stay and keep posting. I don't have a lot directed at me either, mostly because I'm always behind reading and don't post too much. However, when I do post a question or a picture, I do get a response. I think all of the ladies are very nice and I don't find them "cliquish". I think some just have known each other longer.

Tina in MD
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Tina = thanks for the thread for August. You're probably right - a lot of the women on this site have known others for a long time. I have sort of figured that this thread has been going on for well over 2 years. I was just 'repeating' a comment that one made about that.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    so many postings!
    joyce - i give you kudos for being so positive sounding w/a pessimistic dh.
    ihannon - your progress photos are significant proof of so much change. what an achievement
    gayle - was looking up the emily program - looks like a treatment place for eating disorders??

with my recent bumpup in wt, can feel the change in tummy and inner legs and don't like it. before - never really noticed what my body felt. so I am paying attention
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi friends!!! I lost TEN POUNDS!!! I did it!!! Thanks so much for all your help!! I go to the Doctor tomorrow to get my blood work done. I'm scared...but at least I know I have been trying!! This site was a big part of my success!! :smile:
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    so many postings!
    joyce - i give you kudos for being so positive sounding w/a pessimistic dh.
    ihannon - your progress photos are significant proof of so much change. what an achievement
    gayle - was looking up the emily program - looks like a treatment place for eating disorders??

with my recent bumpup in wt, can feel the change in tummy and inner legs and don't like it. before - never really noticed what my body felt. so I am paying attention

Correct, I had 6 months of daily Ed treatment. Now I'm 3 groups a week. Never ending journey. They also have treatment for A/B.. Other locations besides MN, expensive but worth every penny! Hope to share more n hope it can help! Gayle Minneapolis
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    5zwurepz2v2b.jpg

Cheri in sunny NE Ohio
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    tuliplor wrote: »
    Hi friends!!! I lost TEN POUNDS!!! I did it!!! Thanks so much for all your help!! I go to the Doctor tomorrow to get my blood work done. I'm scared...but at least I know I have been trying!! This site was a big part of my success!! :smile:

Congrats! smiley-happy110.gif

Cheri