• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Back with my July goals:
    - log every day
    - exercise at least 4 days a week
    - spend at least 30 minutes a day organizing paperwork until done
    - spend one day a week on a 'project', ie cleaning garage, decluttering closets, etc.
    - spend one a day a week just doing something fun with DH
    - make a new meal once a month

Picture from Sunset Point Park in Collingwood, Canada
    zvvv6k6b90a9.jpg

Beautiful pic!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I believe the USA will winn. Score is 2 to 0 early in the game. Final of World Cup.
    USA USA USA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Made me laugh -
    The Lone Ranger and Tonto were camping in the wilderness. After they got their tent set up, both men fell sound asleep. Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says,"'Kemo Sabe, look towards sky, what you see?"
    The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."
    "What that tell you?" asked Tonto.
    The Lone Ranger ponders for aminute then says, "Astronomically-speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time-wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically,the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you,Tonto?"
    "You dumber than buffalo... It mean someone stole tent."

Janetr OKC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    LOL Janetr OKC smiley-dance001.gif

Cheri
  • DamitJanit
    Options
    USA 4 JAP 0 after 16 minutes. I'm not normally a soccer fan but this is great.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    USA 4 Japan 1 when I last looked
    Well it felt STRANGE not training yesterday and watched Sport. Back to it today
    Today is 3 smoothies: breakfast "Summer Breeze" lunch "Apple pie smoothie" Afternoon " "summer breeze" I made too much summer breeze yesterday and tasted devine this morning.
    Training: Hard Bodies and Ripped core and hope to walk dog this afternoon
    Daughter rang yesterday her first chemo is on 17th at Rosebud hospital near her home
    Pensions tomorrow and more fruit and veg on list
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    USA 5...........Japan 2; these women are getting tougher, we are going to have to really battle to stay on top.
    GO USA!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did 40 minutes of Zumba Gold DVD. I wasn't real impressed, but I think it's good for a change, for an active recovery day. Tomorrow's plan is to do some yoga, hold my plank and then take the extremepump class.

In the paper today was an aticle about Vegas and I immediate thought of pip

pip - I bet that robe is really luxurious. Sounds like you have a good plan for your day. Thanks so much for sharing your vaca with us. That bathing suit of yours sure looks great (as do you). Wouldn't surprise me if you and Kirby walked up to the 22nd floor. You have a killer bod. What I wouldn't do for a flat stomach!

kayak - that sounds really interesting. Let me know when you're doing the walk, OK? My daughter lives in Reston VA so I might try to combine a trip to see her with the walk.

Joyce - sounds like you had a wonderful fourth. So happy for you. Sorry your dinner wasn't that good. How sad for your sister only having the one grandchild who really doesn't do a whole lot with her.

Penny - that is so nice of you to sit and watch until the bird gets fully conscious

Alison - so sorry you came home to problems

Lisa - congrats on the 5K. I could never do one, so I have the utmost respect for anyone who does. Bet pip didn't have a fuit chiller....lol. You are NOT old nor fat! And don't let anyone tell you differently

Lisa - fantastic quilt. Do you hand quilt or machine? You know, I made a lap quilt once. I enjoyed x-stitching the top, but I didn't find quilting to be enjoyable to all. I had so many problems with the binding that I eventually had someone else do it for me.

Heather - I'm so sorry your son isn't coming. I know what a disappointment that will be for you. Your jam looks delish. Do you use any sugar in it?

janetr - you definitely want pants that fit at the hips and thighs, at least. If they're a bit big on the waist, well...you can get by wearing a long shirt to cover that. But the hips and thighs, now that'll make you look much slimmer.

Went to AC Moore, Vince wanted to get paint brushes. Used the 50% off coupon twice, I got 2 brushes and he got two brushes. Came home and we were going to just cut the grass in the front but we wound up cutting all the grass. Then I went in the pool.

Marie - welcome! Don't worry about making sure you keep up. Do what you can. We are a VERY chatty bunch.

Mary from MN - I can hear the joy in your post.

Cathy - happy belated birthday! You CAN do this

nkcrites - I think it's most beneficial to log when you're having a bad day. That way you can look back and see what it is that made your day go bad. What were you eating (what can you avoid).

tuliplor - and here I thought I was the only one who was sometimes being selfish with her food. You know something, last night I had crab and Vince said to me "why do you always have crab and it's been a long time since I have?" Deep down inside of me I was thinking "because it's low in calories".

GRITS - how did you manage to get away without any stretch marks? Wish I had been able to

Anita - where in NC are you? Welcome!

Welcome everyone new that I may have missed

DJ - thanks for the update. USA all the way!!!!

Lesley - sending good thoughts to your daughter.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Barbie - as I recall, you have podcasts (or is it audiobooks) on your, I believe it is, phone that you take with you while you're walking the dogs. How do you download these podcasts/audiobooks? I can't seem to figure it out.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Barbie - as I recall, you have podcasts (or is it audiobooks) on your, I believe it is, phone that you take with you while you're walking the dogs. How do you download these podcasts/audiobooks? I can't seem to figure it out.Michele in NC

I listen to audio books on my Samsung S4. I downloaded the app Overdrive which syncs with my library. Check with your libraries website to see what forum supports their audio books and they will have instructions for you from there. I find this the easiest and it's free.

Good luck!

Cheri
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    USA 5 Japan 2................FINAL!!!!!!!!!! Hard fought. I have so enjoyed following this series to the end!

G'nite, all!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Barbie - as I recall, you have podcasts (or is it audiobooks) on your, I believe it is, phone that you take with you while you're walking the dogs. How do you download these podcasts/audiobooks? I can't seem to figure it out.Michele in NC

I listen to audio books on my Samsung S4. I downloaded the app Overdrive which syncs with my library. Check with your libraries website to see what forum supports their audio books and they will have instructions for you from there. I find this the easiest and it's free.

Good luck!

Cheri

smiley-happy026.gif Cheri explained the audiobooks perfectly. I use my library website to find books that I want and look for audiobook format. My library has two different sources so I have both the apps on my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. for podcasts, there is usually a place that says download or something like that.....usually you right click on that and then on "save link as" and it shows up as an mp3 which is what the phone will play just like it plays music. I had to experiment a bit to figure things out. At first I did all the downloading of podcasts on my computer and then put them on my phone with the cord like I did with music and then I figured out how to find the websites for favorite podcasts on my phone and download directly to my phone.

<3 Barbie

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Marie, welcome. This is a great place to find support. So far I haven’t found a cure for lazy. That’s me, too. But by logging my food, staying within my recommended calorie limit and moving more than I used to, I am well over half way to my goal. The thing is, I know this is a life journey that I will continue long after I reach my goal weight, in order to maintain. Please tell us a little more about you to help us get to know you. We ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Come often.

Pip, you are such a show off with those slim tan legs and that tiny purdy bikini. So how hot is it? Is Kirby hangin’ with ya in the heat or is he in the room some? Have a ball. (Later) Now you really are showing off!! OMG if I had that body I’d show it off too. Are you sure you aren’t lying about your age????? Lookin’ Hot, chickie!

Mary, so glad you are lovin’ your new home. It does sound like a vacation.

Cathy, welcome. Belated Happy Birthday! Please tell us a little more about yourself to help us get to know you. Just try not to think of this as a diet, which we all know fail long term. But rather as a new lifestyle of healthy eating and more moving. You can do this if the rest of us can. Come often and join right in.

Yannie, “I Believe” and I’ll be there watching with you. I normally don’t watch it either, but here I am. I can’t believe you gave up heat and humidity for a little AC? What’s with you?

Terri, how wonderful to find such a helpful and nice sales clerk at Boston Market. It is so rare these days to even find someone that acts like they care about the customer, so she was really something special. Good for her.

NMMargaret, DH didn’t use the wrong materials because he was trying to save money. He just is not Mr. FixIt and didn’t get the best choice. He read something and it sounded right to him so that is what he bought. Lol As we say down South, “Bless His Heart”. smiley-love006.gif

Janetr, good for you for getting up the next morning and logging that snack. We are going to occasionally eat unplanned things, but we have to be responsible to Ourselves and Log It All. I for one don’t even care if you chew, but if you swallow it, log it. I won’t even look at your log, but if you want to see what you ate during a given time, it’s there for you. You are doing this.

NMMargaret, beautiful back yard. I’d spend time there every day.. Thanks for sharing.

Anita, welcome. We are getting a number of Carolina Girls on here. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. This is a great place for support and information. Come often and post as much as you’d like. It works.

Doglady, welcome. This is a great place for support and just about any information you may need. With the years represented here, surely someone know something about everything. Or somethin’ like that. Please tell us a bit more about yourself to help us get to know you. We ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location (specific or general). Come often and join right in.

Rosi, have a safe and fun trip.

Well I had to take a break to watch the World Cup Soccer match. Gosh it was exciting from start to finish and of course I’m glad the USA won.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Barbie - I love the library books, e books, audio books and you name it. I love our library!

No responding to anyone else today :p . Had my hands full with 2 cute lil grandbaby boys. 3 and 1 year old. DD and I first hit Costco and then the day evolved into Oma playing with wee ones and mommy catching up on sleep. I remember when my kids were small, wishing that someone.somewhere would relieve me, so I could.just.sleep.

We woke up to a smoky haze hanging over our island. All from wildfires happening. Nothing close to us but still makes us aware how little rain we have had in our rainforest abode since the beginning of May. It meant that I ended up hanging laundry inside the house and mostly stayed indoors. Played house with the grand children using couch cushions and lots of pretending games invented. Now to see if the scale shows these activities resulted in a loss.

Hi to all soccer fans - the USA FIFA soccer team won gold!! Go USA!! it was so fun to watch several of the great games this year.

<3 Renny
    From smokey Vancouver Island, BC

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Anybody else want to be Pip when we grow up? Seriously, Pip, you look fantastic!!! I'm one of those loose skin ladies, waiting for suits from the 20's to come back. I never had the nerve to wear a suit like that even when I was young and thin. Your body looks like you are in your early 30's or something. Way to go! To heck with Facebook, if I looked like that I'd rent a billboard in Times Square.

Margaret, beautiful flowers!

We just got back from walking the dogs across the dam at the lake. About halfway on the return trip, we got hit with buckets of rain that seemed to come out of nowhere. We all got drenched, but it was fun. So, Spot and I jogged halfway across the dam and I wasn't even winded when we got to the car. Pretty happy with that.

Hubby went with me this morning to walk the rails to trails. I think he's on the cusp of wanting to do something about his own weight, and it's nice to have company.

Tomorrow I have to leave the lake early and go take the kids to the Library. The oldest has her film club meeting, and the other two just need to spend some time in the library. My son is going to take that time to go file papers to try to get child support enforcement to go after his ex. She is $10,000 behind on court ordered payments. He really needs the money, too. It'll be trying to get blood from a turnip, but he has to try. She's on probation, but doesn't even seem to try to get a job. He should have done this two years ago. Last I heard she was trying to get disability for some made up thing. I don't think it worked.

Our dogs did pretty well with the fireworks, although Molly jumped in behind me in the recliner during the worst of it. She was staring at me with her head on my knee, and I scooted forward and she jumped in and curled up. If she was a cat she would have purred. She loves hubby more than anything in the world, but when she's scared, or hurt, she wants to be with me. Somehow I think that's sweet. He's her fun, but I'm her safe place.

There were a ton of things I read that I would have commented on, but I'm using the iPad and it's really hard to go back and forth. I'm really sorry to be such a slug. So, I hope you are all having a great Sunday. Take care!

Sylvia
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Michele - I will let you know when I'm planning on walking it. Hopefully, mom216 can join us that day too. We'll have a nice view of the river as we cross over it. It will be fun and not seem like exercise at all!

Yay, USA!!! So glad they won!

Pip - Wow, great looking suit and picture. I'm sure you're having a blast.

Anita - Welcome. Several ladies on here are in NC. I had family in the Ashville area and we would go each summer to visit. Love the mountains.

Janetr - love that joke!

Lisa - congratulations on the run. That's fantastic to be able to do that run.

Heather - my DH's daughters both had plans to visit this summer with their families. One was coming from Kansas but had car trouble and then their renter in their home in Texas got orders so they didn't feel like they had the extra cash needed to make the trip. Fortunately, they did get a buyer but won't go to settlement until end of August so now the time is not there. The older daughter was coming from Florida but wanted us to pay for a rental car to drive up but there isn't any way for her to rent one without a major credit card, which she doesn't have now due to previous money mismanagement. Offered to pay for plane tickets but for some reason her son is terrified of flying. Now it looks like neither one will be able to come. He hasn't said much but I know my DH is so disappointed.

Alison - so sorry your vacation wasn't more restful.

Was up most of last night with the dogs as first they heard the fireworks in the distance, then thunderstorm came through the area and then a neighbor decided to shoot some small ones off in their yard after they got home around 1:30am. Didn't last long but just enough for the dogs to hear so everyone was up. :tired_face: Got to get them out now before another storm makes it way to our area. Seems like storms every evening or overnight. Things are very green but really would like a day or two without storms in the forecast.

DH wanted to stop for a hotdog after church as we didn't do anything special on the 4th so just had a nice salad for dinner.

Tina in MD
  • janetr7476
    Options
    DJ - Thanks and I appreciate the support. It serves as a reminder to me that I am not "fooling" anyone else and that's the reason I've had the yoyo problem for so long. I try to fool myself and of course we all know that doesn't change the fact that we are overeating. It just helps me to know that you are all there and cheering me on. I have gone back a few times and reviewed what I had eaten to see if there was something I should avoid. My carbs are still a little over the 30% and my protein a bit low, but I'm striving to attain them and think I'm moving in the right direction.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy026.gifLisa, I have so much admiration for you running a 5 K.....you look super in your picture....competing against yourself and aiming to reach a goal are much healthier than competing again others.

smiley-happy026.gifExcept for wearing a patriotic t shirt, I ignored Independence Day. We went to bed at 7:30---I woke up at 10:30 to use the bathroom and heard fireworks in the distance but the dogs stayed asleep. Because fireworks are not allowed in our neighborhood and many people here have been respectful of the drought, there weren't many at home fireworks anywhere close. Today I watched my recordings of two TV shows of music and fireworks. I fast forwarded through almost everything except the patriotic music and fireworks.

smiley-happy026.gifToday Jake wanted to go out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant that recently reopened in a new building after their building burned down last year. I finally have a good plan of what to order that makes me happy with no residual guilt or bad feelings----one cheese enchilada with a side of pico de gallo plus some chips and salsa before the meal----I don't eat cheese or tortillas at home so that's a treat and I add the pico de gallo so there are at least some vegetables with the meal---and no leftovers. We also treated ourselves to an afternoon nap.

<3 Barbie

18,000 steps today and weight training smiley-happy026.gif
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Barbie - I've been wanting good Mexican food too. Just recently they closed our favorite Mexican restaurant near our home and only two weeks ago closed our second favorite and opened a burger joint there. We'll have to find a new place to try. I'm not wanting to do any think for the next couple of weeks. Two weeks from tomorrow I go back to the bariatric surgeon and I want to have lost weight before I go. Having short term goals works great for me, they seem attainable and not dragging out for years. I'll treat myself with Mexican food after the 18 month check up. :)