Options

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's jokes of the day:

:)

A man was checking his itemised lawyers bill. One item read:-

Spotted you across the street. Crossed over to discuss a legal point in your case. When I got there it was not you after all.

20 dollars

:D

1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in thedriveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

:D
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: Thanks for the laughs! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Katla - the roads out here only get hard packed on the tire tracks, I'm usually to the side, and the road up to the big house, which is 3 of my 4 miles, is all loose gravel, much like running through shallow sand. Plus I keep my steps small, feet low to the ground, as close to no impact as I can while still using a running stride. Haven't ridden a bike since my brakes malfunctioned and I faceplanted over the handlebars, losing quite a bit of skin to road rash--it was dozens of years ago. Don't mind the recumbent stationary bikes, but regular ones, the seats are just painful, so I tend to avoid. My legs are about 26 inches long, so adjusting even the recumbents to keep them from either bending the knee too far or hyperextending it is often impossible... My Mama always said if she rode a bike again, it would have to have a tractor seat--and now I know why. Kinda in the same boat.

Mia - I actually worried about breathing issues as well during the powder run, so wore a bandana around my neck that I could pull up over my face if needed - but the powder throwers were all warned to stay at shoulders and below with their powder throws. The finale was everyone throwing handfuls of powder in the air... I just took a deep breath during the count and held it until the cloud had settled, no big deal.

Off to writer's workshop - have a good night, my peoples...
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy mon.had a great weekend.Got lots of gramma time.Got to spend time with my mom.
    Good food and good times.So sore and tired today.
    HUGS jane
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Penny at the Pole - thanks for the picture and information. I have to tell you I am enthralled with your pictures and stories of a land far away. Loving them :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    2013%20Spark%20006_zps8luwe1qo.jpg
    Had to post a pic of my cutest car ever! I thought I would never learn to drive. I thought that I would be one of those people that didn't learn. But then I thought I would not have to deal with my husband's liver disease. And so 2 years ago, I did get my license. I learn how on this cute Chevy Spark...affectionately called my "Sparkbug". She is a great little car, and especially since we got last summer a bobble-head kind of hula dancer lady. (Of course the hula dancer is a large-ish looking grass-skirt-wearing, ukulelee-playing dude...but with his ukulelle in front of him, you can't really tell its a dude....so she is called affectionately "Pearl". She dances on our dash board...pic to follow. Learning how to drive really boasted my self-esteem, and made my experience dealing with my sick husband, a more bearable thing. I could drive him places when he was feeling tired, and I drove ALOT around Portland Oregon, and back to the coast here. It made me feel so much more the survivor in all this. Thought I would profess the impact of doing powerful out-of-your-comfort-zone moments as great stepping stones to a better self.
    Becca
  • Annr
    edited July 2015
    Options
    :-(
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,659 Member
    Options
    Jaylello wrote: »
    Sexy confident older women Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Muah!!
  • Annr
    Options
    @pipcd34 have you gambled yet....or at least put a quarter in a machine and pulled the handle... :smiley:
  • Annr
    Options
    002_zps9i3d7xk5.jpg
    "PEARL"
  • Annr
    Options
    98ac815b-b517-4b81-8ec0-2266aafde26b_zpsubixrlgu.jpg
    My middle son....proud momma here. This was his wedding day.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Becca, cute car but LOVE the house behind it! Portland has some nice Victorians! Is there much passenger room? Luggage space?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Becca - way to go girl. Very proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Dr.Katie, what is this Baby Foot for? Hope you had a good book to read. Lol

Allison, good going on your keyboard conquering. smiley-computer010.gif

Katla, I also wear a sort of tankini because of the ease of potty breaks. I hated trying to pull a one piece down when it’s wet and even worse is back up again. I would definitely try the bike pants the next time you hop on a horse.

Heather, I think your book will surely help many. I know it must be so difficult to write and I’m really proud of you! How nice that you will get to meet up with your friends.

Mia, good for you on following doctor’s orders. I think that is a good idea. I don’t know about the sky lanterns but they are cool.

Mary, yes, retirement is great. I hope Dee Dee is enjoying hers???

Iradant, welcome. We now have a few ladies from Wisconsin. This is a great place for support and information. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and your location. Come often.

Lori, you are right about taking it one day at a time. If you mess up, don’t even wait until tomorrow—just as soon as you realize it, start over right then. You can do this.

Terri, the cherries sound yummy. I’ll have to have my shopper look for some for me.

NMMargaret, your salad looks yummy!!! smiley-eatdrink022.gif

Penny, I just find all your information so interesting. I don’t think your strawberry patch looks bad and hopefully it will work.

Sylvia, thanks for the funnies!!! trampoline.gif

Becca, I have to say that I like Pearl as much as your Sparkbug. LOL Both cute.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy026.gif@fanncy0626 When I started keeping track of my steps, I struggled to get to 10,000 and sometimes walked back and forth through the house at bedtime to reach the magic number. It has become such a priority to me that I've eliminated some time wasting activities in my day so I can get to bed earlier and thus get up earlier to go for a long walk before I have to get ready for classes and appointments in the morning. I learned how to put music, podcasts, and audiobooks on my phone and bought good blue tooth headphones so I can be entertained while I walk. I meet my friends for a walk rather than a meal or beverage so that adds to my walking total.

<3 Barbie
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Tuesday here and pension in bank and lists made. VERY heavy frost here and COLD
    From tomorrow juice/smoothie for breakfast/after training/lunch and afternoon. Just 1 main meal per day for a little while.
    Have headache NEED to drink more water
    Meals today whilst shopping:1522 cals
    Breakfast: Apple berry smoothie
    After weights: protein shake
    Lunch: fish and chips (shopping treat on wharf)
    Afternoon: Apple a' peeling
    Dinner: Kiev and 2 steamed veg
    Supper: Vitarium hot chocolate

Yesterday wanted to take Blaize for 2 mile walk but big black dog wanted to fight him and he was ready. neighbour just home so in gate and he played with her 2 dogs Only 6950 steps oh hum

Need to check Joe's site as asked a question on arthritis
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sinus infection is now bronchitis. Found that I was allergic to the last antibiotic given to me. Changed to one that works better on bronchitis than on the UTI I had. Given medicine to calm the hacking cough.

Someone made my day today as I was walking out of K-Mart with my medications. Black woman (probably about my age) came up and said that I should be happy she was not the police, she'd have to arrest me. I looked at her and asked, "M'ham?" Said I should be happy she was not the police, she'd have to arrest me for looking so good. I told her she had made my day, then some. :o<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Kate - my eyes get too big at the store and make plans, now trying to follow through, will post any finished product, did you see mention of Beading Daily site by Lisa?
    GRIT - you are so blessed to have good skin and no stretch marks, I want to lose the baby pooch (from decades past - pip you inspire me!)
    Lisa - come to calif, there are runs everywhere every weekend. Started checking to make sure there is bling, it's much more encouraging to get a medal, regardless of your speed.
    DJ - send your address, so i can send the dH to you. pleeease.... it's just reverse pavlov therapy!!
    Mia - had no idea there were dietary restrictions after bypass, after a couple years what then?. my daughter's mil had one and seems to eat what she likes (lots of cheese)
    Margaret - your garden salad is spectacular, looked so fresh and tasty. how do you keep bugs from eating holes in everything?
    Sylvia - thank you for the jokes & keep them coming, humor makes the day

You are ALL sexy, fantastic, talented ladies!

Back at camp this week, so portion control will be in effect :) and hiking time.

and Pip - your smile is wonderful, so great to see, and the abs too!
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Janet - Yes, I was up late and did not sleep well. I couldn't get comfortable. In reality, I've not had much pain--until today. Since my daughter was gone all day yesterday, I got to ice my shoulder only once. Then she slept until after noon today and then left again, not coming home until time for her class. I finally carried the cooling unit to the kitchen and filled it myself so I could at least lay the cooling pad on top of my shoulder. Bending repeatedly to scoop ice hurt something in the back of my upper arm. I've had a pain pill and have been icing for a couple of hours, but every shift in the chair shoots pain into the back of my arm. Add that to being tired and depressed and I am a mess today! I had almost decided to just send her home. I don't have any resources to deal with her drama. If I could only figure out how to put on my bra by myself, I'd pull out my 3-year-old persona and just "do it myself!" I'm sure you weren't asking for that tirade when you asked about pain...

Depression is about to take over. Logically, I know what is going on. I've lost my independence and my privacy which are both incredibly important to me. I've lost exercise as a stress reducer as more stress has been added. I can not figure out how I am going to manage work given the current pain level AND the use of my left hand. I dread the even the thought of trying to arrange rides to PT and rides to work. If I don't work, I don't get paid at one of my jobs. Etc, etc, etc. All of that logic doesn't overcome the feelings of despair. It is times like this that I become fully aware of just how alone I am.

So enough of that! I am so glad that I have each of you to keep me entertained and encouraged. :heart: :heart:

Carol in NC