• arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    7/20 - 40 minutes elliptical
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amy amazing idea.

I too am Amy. I weight 272 and I'm gonna start my work out log in tomorrow. My goal is walking on treadmill. I will report my actual weigh in cause I only weight in the am after mornings pee.

Let's do this!
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    sungurl23 wrote: »
    Amy amazing idea.

I too am Amy. I weight 272 and I'm gonna start my work out log in tomorrow. My goal is walking on treadmill. I will report my actual weigh in cause I only weight in the am after mornings pee.

Let's do this!

Ha! Amy I do the same thing!
  • Amy4President
    Options
    As of 7/19, I am at 689 minutes. I need to get at least 25 minutes in per day through the end of the month to make goal. I also signed up for a 5K in September so it has motivated my butt to run :)

Thinking about August challenges. Some ideas - calorie-burning challenge, choices challenge (pick this not that sort of thing), or another exercise minute challenge. Any thoughts? I don't like to do "weight loss" challenges because this is a slow and steady process. Better to get the basics down and lose weight over time then focus for one month at a time.
  • Amy4President
    Options
    rezn8 wrote: »
    7/17 - 30 min trail run, 27 min cool down walk, 43 min yoga
    Total - 1253

Steve you're my exercise spirit animal!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    As of 7/19, I am at 689 minutes. I need to get at least 25 minutes in per day through the end of the month to make goal. I also signed up for a 5K in September so it has motivated my butt to run :)

Thinking about August challenges. Some ideas - calorie-burning challenge, choices challenge (pick this not that sort of thing), or another exercise minute challenge. Any thoughts? I don't like to do "weight loss" challenges because this is a slow and steady process. Better to get the basics down and lose weight over time then focus for one month at a time.

You can do it! The thing which really got me into the exercise routine was a goal. Mine was a big fencing competition, but a race can serve the same purpose.

I like the exercise minutes option because even though I use my heart rate monitor for most of my training, I can't use it for bjj so that is always a guess. Also, some people rely on MFP or machines for calories burned and they are notoriously wrong. For the choices option, we might ask be at a different stage of our journey so for me say choosing water over soda is something that has become easy but for someone else that might be tricky. So my vote would be stick with what we have going now, but maybe get people to set their own goal.
  • arathena720
    Options
    July 19 - 111 minutes hiking
    501 minutes total
  • Dory_42
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Week 1 (1-5 July): 39 minutes
    Week 2 (6-12 July): 660 minutes
    Week 3 (13-19 July): 683 minutes
    Monday 20 July: 46 minutes fitness and 75 minutes bjj

Total: 1503 minutes
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    7/20 39 minutes

952 total
  • Amy4President
    Options

You can do it! The thing which really got me into the exercise routine was a goal. Mine was a big fencing competition, but a race can serve the same purpose.

I like the exercise minutes option because even though I use my heart rate monitor for most of my training, I can't use it for bjj so that is always a guess. Also, some people rely on MFP or machines for calories burned and they are notoriously wrong. For the choices option, we might ask be at a different stage of our journey so for me say choosing water over soda is something that has become easy but for someone else that might be tricky. So my vote would be stick with what we have going now, but maybe get people to set their own goal.

Yes I think that's the best method. Set a minimum bid but let people up the ante :)

• rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    7/18 - 53 minutes 5k trail run & .75mi cool down walk
    7/19 - 58 minutes 5k trail run followed by 1.33mi cool down walk
    7/20 - 133 minutes p90x3 and softball
    Total 1509
  • rezn8
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by "spirit animal" Amy but if it helps anyone with motivation I'm happy.
  • arathena720
    Options
    7/20- 45 minutes elliptical
    546 total
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    7/21 64 minutes Zumba

1016 total GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL
  • arathena720
    Options
    7/20- 30 minutes hiking
    576 total
  • rezn8
    Options
    7/21 - P90x3 Agility X 36 minutes
    7/22 - P90x3 Yoga and foam rolling 37 minutes
    Total 1582, new goal for me is now 2000. I always try to set new short term goals to help keep the motivation.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Week 1 (1-5 July): 39 minutes
    Week 2 (6-12 July): 660 minutes
    Week 3 (13-19 July): 683 minutes
    Monday 20 July: 46 minutes fitness and 75 minutes bjj
    Tuesday 21 July: 47 minutes fitness

Total: 1550 minutes

This week is going to much less as my knee is forcing me to rest a bit. Luckily BJJ is not high impact on my knee so I can still do that.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,177 Member
    Options
    rdlewis123 wrote: »
    7/21 64 minutes Zumba

1016 total GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL

That's Fantastic!! Great job!!!
  • rezn8
    Options
    7/22 - added a second workout tonight
    5k trail run & short cool down walk. 37 minutes
    Total 1619. Only need to average about 43 minutes over the next 9 days to hit my new goal.