21 day Sugar Detox?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    3 pages in before someone mentioned Fed Up in a sugar thread??? Impressive. I was starting to hope that everyone had learned that mockumentary was mostly bunk....apparently not.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Fed Up is bovine excrement. I fail to see the logic behind basing nutritional choices on a scare mongering pseudo-documentary that fails to withstand the most basic scientific scrutiny.

But but but it's on Netflix! And Katie Couric. Must be legit, right?

I tried to watch it last week and fell into a coma during opening credits. Still haven't seen it.
    A sugar coma most likely...
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    acmiranda7 wrote: »
    Sugar is poison to our bodies! Fructose from fruits is digested slowly and our bodies need this kind of sweets. White cane sugar and flour anything turns to sugar and then fat. I've eliminated all sugars and grains for 30 days and I eat veggies nuts plain European full fat yogurt, meat and fruits. I'm down 10 lbs

*facepalm*
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    3438nancy wrote: »
    A Senator once try to declare it a drug in court but the Coca Cola Company put the kabosh on it.

Which Senator? I need to make sure he or she is on my whack-job politicians list.

Probably the same one who thinks that islands can tip over....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ryanrieb wrote: »
    If you haven't already, watch "Fed Up" on Netflix...
    I have been trying to eliminate added sugars from my diet...mainly by stopping soda etc. Yeah there's sugar in pretty much everything, but you really dont need all that sugar. When you eat things with added sugar you are not doing your body any good.. releasing all that insulin because you dont have the fiber with the sugar to aid in digestion.

Naturally occuring sugar isnt bad for you, its the straight up added sugars in food and especially fruit juices that are bad for you. I've been limiting added sugars for a week and a half now and I can already feel a difference in my body.

Watch "Fed Up," its an eye opener... and when you're done with that try out "Bite Size." Also on Netflix.

documentaries that fear monger have nothing to do with actual science.

why would fruit juice be bad, but fruit would be OK?????

Because fiber is the antidote to poison! Have you not been paying attention?
    But breast milk doesn't contain fiber! No wonder we're all sick, we've been poisoning our babies from the day they're born!
  • Bree_Travels
    Bree_Travels Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Lol I didn't think this would start such a chain of reactions but I honestly don't mind. So the "diet" is called a 21 day sugar detox. For the record, I have discussed it with my doctor and he is all on board. I mainly posted on here for some creative recipe ideas as I don't want to get bored with the same old recipes. I am cutting out breads, most carbs and fruits (with the exception of a green tipped banana or a green apple). I can have lean meats, 1/2 a cup of legumes, quinoa, brown rice, and nuts except for cashews and peanuts. Again I am only doing this for 21 days as a way to curb my sugar cravings. Due to recent events in my life I seem to resort to these types of foods that are omitted by this plan which will hopefully help to curb those cravings and allow me to reintroduce "sugars" in a much more healthier way. I work better with structure so following a plan and learning about different types of sugars and how they affect my body works best for me. It definitely is not for everybody but with doctor supervision and careful review of changes in my body I am comfortable with this plan. So.. if anyone has any recipes that are "paleo" that are full of flavor I'm all ears as I'd rather get my recipes from word of mouth rather than a generic online recipe :smile:
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A fat or sugar cleanse is the best thing to do for yourself, because sugary foods, as well as fried and fast foods are so devoid of digestive enzymes that they collect by means of cellulite and excess fat. Try Green Tea in order to eliminates fatty wastes, and add Ginseng Extract to control sugar cravings...
    Here is a recipe for a delicious MORNING juice:
    • 2 apples
    • 2pears
    • slice of fresh ginger
    Here is a recipe for a delicious EVENING soup:
    • 2 cups water
    • 1/4 cup green chard or kale
    • 1/4 cup green onion
    • 1/8 cup firm tofu or AVOCADO
    • 2 tbs white miso paste (I like the kind with BONITO flavoring)
    • 1 sheet (1/4 cup) nori (dried seaweed), cut into large rectangles , optional

Peppermint tea, apple juice (homemade), or licorice tea rebalance and restore normal body pH...

Fiber from whole grains and veggies gets rid of excess sugar, improves glucose metabolism, promotes weight loss and reduces sugar cravings.

A 15 minute dry sauna 3x a week really helps balance sugar levels.

8 glasses of water a day.. #1 catalyst for fat burning, and flushing of toxins.

My resources: minimalistbaker.com
    Linda Page's Healthy Healing
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    jadowns wrote: »
    A fat or sugar cleanse is the best thing to do for yourself, because sugary foods, as well as fried and fast foods are so devoid of digestive enzymes that they collect by means of cellulite and excess fat. Try Green Tea in order to eliminates fatty wastes, and add Ginseng Extract to control sugar cravings...
    • 2 apples
    • 2pears
    • slice of fresh ginger
    • 2 cups water
    • 1/4 cup green onion
    • 4 tbs white miso paste (I like the kind with BONITO flavoring)

Peppermint tea, apple juice (homemade), or licorice tea rebalance and restore normal body pH...

Fiber from whole grains and veggies gets rid of excess sugar, improves glucose metabolism, promotes weight loss and reduces sugar cravings.

So much wooo in this...
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    :) Call me Woo-Woo, Call me Whack-JOB. IDGAF
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

So you eat no vegetables or fruits? Your body does not conduct gluconeogenesis?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    • 2 apples
    • 2pears
    • slice of fresh ginger
    • 2 cups water
    • 1/4 cup green onion

so you cleanse sugar by ingesting juice with apples and pears in it?????????

what is a fat cleanse?

the fact that you think 8 glasses of water a day burns fat is revealing as to the limited knowledge base that you possess. I would suggest going back to the drawing board and studying up on nutrition.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    • 2 apples
    • 2pears
    • slice of fresh ginger
    • 2 cups water
    • 1/4 cup green onion

I lost 121 pounds doing none of what you stated and I am healthier then I have ever been!!!
  • Bree_Travels
    Bree_Travels Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good for you @Serah87. Thats a big accomplishment. Keep up the good work!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options

Looked up your diary, was on yesterday's log where you listed "Homemade - White Cake W/ Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, 1 slice; 1/12 of cake" as having zero sugar. Seriously? With words like "cake", "chocolate", "frosting", there's ZERO sugar in this?

What kind of witchcraft cake with frosting is this?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Lol I didn't think this would start such a chain of reactions but I honestly don't mind. So the "diet" is called a 21 day sugar detox. For the record, I have discussed it with my doctor and he is all on board. I mainly posted on here for some creative recipe ideas as I don't want to get bored with the same old recipes. I am cutting out breads, most carbs and fruits (with the exception of a green tipped banana or a green apple). I can have lean meats, 1/2 a cup of legumes, quinoa, brown rice, and nuts except for cashews and peanuts. Again I am only doing this for 21 days as a way to curb my sugar cravings. Due to recent events in my life I seem to resort to these types of foods that are omitted by this plan which will hopefully help to curb those cravings and allow me to reintroduce "sugars" in a much more healthier way. I work better with structure so following a plan and learning about different types of sugars and how they affect my body works best for me. It definitely is not for everybody but with doctor supervision and careful review of changes in my body I am comfortable with this plan. So.. if anyone has any recipes that are "paleo" that are full of flavor I'm all ears as I'd rather get my recipes from word of mouth rather than a generic online recipe :smile:

I hope it helps you. Good luck :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    :)Call me Woo-Woo, Call me Whack-JOB. IDGAF

anigif_enhanced-31861-1426272575-5.gif
  • xamberlynn
    xamberlynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sugar can be very addictive . Did anyone read Sugar Blues ? A Senator once try to declare it a drug in court but the Coca Cola Company put the kabosh on it. Sometimes I have to go cold turkey to break the cycle so I get it.
    Everything in moderation though, people have very different individual needs For me, I can eat sweets once in a while but Im taking a risk that I may binge

please shoe me studies of human trials showing a linkage between sugar and addiction.

Sugar isn't really "addictive", but it certainly can seem like it. When your diet consists of a lot of sugary foods, it causes problems with your body's sugar and insulin levels, and you may find your energy levels crashing, just like some people experience with caffeine. Not only that, but we've coined the term "sweet tooth" for a reason - cravings. Those side effects can really make sugar feel like an addictive substance.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    :)Call me Woo-Woo, Call me Whack-JOB. IDGAF

anigif_enhanced-31861-1426272575-5.gif

Is it sad that I remember watching that episode?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    xamberlynn wrote: »
    Sugar can be very addictive . Did anyone read Sugar Blues ? A Senator once try to declare it a drug in court but the Coca Cola Company put the kabosh on it. Sometimes I have to go cold turkey to break the cycle so I get it.
    Everything in moderation though, people have very different individual needs For me, I can eat sweets once in a while but Im taking a risk that I may binge

please shoe me studies of human trials showing a linkage between sugar and addiction.

Sugar isn't really "addictive", but it certainly can seem like it. When your diet consists of a lot of sugary foods, it causes problems with your body's sugar and insulin levels, and you may find your energy levels crashing, just like some people experience with caffeine. Not only that, but we've coined the term "sweet tooth" for a reason - cravings. Those side effects can really make sugar feel like an addictive substance.

so now you are back tracking and saying well it is not really addictive but it feels like it is? That is your argument now, because you realized there is no human study to back up your ridiculous claims?