Holy crap

Options
Okay so I skipped back a day on MFP and logged a typical day what id have to eat without being cautious. Just my normal day.

Breakfast- Hamburger bun 3TBS of peanut butter and 1/4 cup syrup
Lunch- 1 Hot pocket with 2TBS ranch
Dinner- 1/2 Digorno Pizza Cheese and 2TBS ranch
Snacks- 4 20oz Pepsi's

I logged it in and its a whopping 4,248 calories.

So today I started my 1200 calorie diet.
Got rid of the pop and started eating in moderation.

Breakfast- 2 egg whites 1 full egg, a slice of whole wheat toast and a piece of american cheese
Lunch 1/2 tostino party pizza (No ranch)
Dinner- We havent had yet
Snack- 1/2 fruit cup apples.

Im at 732 calories and I havent even had dinner yet.
And ive already had 3 16.9oz waters with a tiny bit of 0 calorie water enhancer.

Im not doing any exercise as far as now due to having testing done on my heart. I am not hungry. Im so proud of myself for going from 4000 calories to 1200 and its just my first day.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's just me, but an instant transition from 4000~ to 1200 seems quite sudden.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful to see something that needs to be changed and being able to change it? Don't worry, it's only day one, the hunger will kick in. Good luck!
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Im gonna do this. I am going to lose this weight. I cant do much exercise right now because im worried about my heart. But I am walking when I can.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The thing about your 4,000 calorie day is...that is not really a lot of food, ya know? The dips, sodas, ect...all fine in moderation but dang. I think I'd be hungry haha.

You got this. Remember, you might not need a 1200 calorie diet. It's possible to lose weight eating more, depending on your stats and activity level. Hopefully some reading through the forums and the stickies will be helpful to you.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    My only thought is... what is up with all that ranch dressing???
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    I love ranch dressing on just about anything. Thats one of my huge problems which im now working very hard on. I went into my Doctors office a week ago with chest pains. I am going through testing right now to make sure everythings in working order. Dr wants my thyroid checked out due to a previous hypothyroidism diganosis from a previous dr, he wants my kidney checked because I have high blood pressure. The next 2 weeks I have about 10 drs appointments for testing. I also got off hormonal birth control because I know it causes weight gain.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hormonal birth control causes weight gain? I'm not so sure about that. It's really easy to blame stuff like birth control, but in reality it is what you are eating and how much you are moving.

1200 is quite low - it might not be enough depending on your stats. It is likely you will still be able to lose weight by eating more than that. Just keep it in mind on a day that you are ravenously hungry and feel like throwing in the towel because "this isn't working for me".

Good on you for logging!! Keep it up - even on bad days. You will learn a lot, and that knowledge is power!
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    Im not very big on salads or fruits. But I need it 1/2 of a fruit cup today. The kind with just the juice not the syrupy stuff. I am hoping that with eating more fruits and adding some veggies to atleast my dinners and eating between 1200-1600 calories a day I can lose this 80lbs by next summer. I got so many different responses last time. They only wanted me to eat eggs chicken and fruits and veggies. I love pizza. But learned to only have 1-2 slices with no range. I love mash potatoes. I know I can eat them but a smaller portion. I have a Fiance and a Son who love pizza and fast food and mash potatoes and buttered noodles. I can tell they cant have what they want due to Mommy needing to lose 80lbs. So its okay to make it and eat it. Just not as much as i use to. I use to get up in the middle of the night and eat leftover dinners. And id drink around 4-5 20oz pepsis a day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Sorry, but medications can increase appetite. Eating too much causes weight gain.
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    Thanks firefly
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    I got non hormonal birth control because I gained 30lbs in 2 years from it,
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    Yeah im very short lol.
  • anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Eat 2000 for a couple weeks, then 1800, then 1500, etc...your jump is too sudden! Might binge :) make sure your loss is sustainable.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Eat 2000 for a couple weeks, then 1800, then 1500, etc...your jump is too sudden! Might binge :) make sure your loss is sustainable.

I agree... that cut is too drastic imo.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If you can cut out the soda, the ranch, and the syrup you're halfway there. glgl
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    If you can cut out the soda, the ranch, and the syrup you're halfway there. glgl

She doesn't need to "cut" anything. All things in moderation.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well how about we leave that up to her. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. Giving up ranch with every meal and regular Pepsi isn't exactly dire deprivation.