Holy crap

Options

Replies

• ediewharton
    ediewharton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    FWIW: I love ranch dressing lol. I like Ken's Lite and use it sparingly. Also, my family has had pizza on Fridays for as long as I can remember. No way am I giving it up! So, I just have it once a week. I will have two slices and/or will have some roasted veggies as a side.
    I have become very focused on adding more vegetables and protein (I am not a huge fan of many protein rich foods) that I don't focus on what I am not eating.
    OP- congrats! It sounds like you are making progress in your weight loss journey!
    And don't worry about your kids being "deprived" of certain foods for your sake. You are feeding them healthy food and encouraging good eating habits as well as giving them the healthy mom that they need.
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Im happy I can eat foods I love and still lose weight. I didnt know I could do that. Everyone said eat healthy or dont lose. I had pizza last night and its okay. I can have pizza. Not 4-5 slices but 2 slices. It doesnt matter what you eat just how much. I love that im getting so much good feedback.

Questions about exercising. I am pretty much doing walking and some slow paced exercises 7 days a week. When I first tried to lose weight I did alot of High intensity workouts. But with all these test im having I thought I might as well wait to do those until im all clear to do them. Dont want to do anything to drastic because my heart. I am taking my Son for a hour walk today and were gonna go to the park afterwards. 2morow im doing leg day. the next day walking, then stomach, then walking, then arms, then stomach day again.

Im so happy that with just calorie counting I can lose this weight eating pizza but alot less pieces then what I use to. I love eggs and wheat toast. Thats what I normally had when I started trying to lose weight. So my breakfast is pretty healthy and I add veggies to my dinners. Even if they aint 100% healthy im still drastically cutting from 4000cals-1200-1700cals. I havent had pop in 24 hours and dont plan on it. I havent had any sugar except whats hidden in my foods.

I think I can do this. Im so much more excited to do this knowing I dont have to eat just veggies and chicken. I can eat pizza everyday and still lose weight (I mean I wouldnt eat pizza everyday thats kinda gross). 80lbs is alot of weight to lose and I think I can stick to calorie counting without feeling so bad about what im logging in. I had friends on here before that everything that wasnt chicken, eggs and fruit and veggies she'd tell me im not gonna lose any weight this week because of it. I just always thought I was gonna be fat. I hate veggies and fruits so I thought not being able to eat them with every meal id never lose anything. When I just lost 15lbs I thought they were right. I knew I couldnt just eat veggies. I could add them to meals. But I couldnt just eat that. I mean how boring would that be. Ive added fruits to my snacks and veggies to my dinner and protein and wheat bread to my breakfast. I changed alot in just 1 day. Todays my 2nd day and im feeling exceptional. I cant wait to see what the scale looks like 2 weeks from now. The scale said 183 this morning. Im hoping in 2 weeks im in the 170's. Thats my goal for the next 2 weeks. 170's. Im just hoping I can lose that much weight in 2 weeks. I mean its only 4lbs in 2 weeks. But still. I think im still afraid im doing everything wrong.
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think you are on the right track. If you want sustained weight loss, the most effective thing is to make choices and habits that you can live with. If you hate the foods that people tell you you "should" eat, it won't stick. I HATE eggs. It makes me sad that I hate them because they are a fantastic source of protein, but I just really dislike them and always have. So I get protein in other ways. Good luck!
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    Thank you golden. I hate eggs too. The only way ill eat them is with cheese and toast. I stick the eggs and cheese on the piece of toast and eat them. Kinda takes out the egginess lol.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Everyone is really proud of you, keep it up!

BUT, I think you should have realistic goals about how fast your weight will change. 15 lbs in one month is AWESOME, and not at all a disappointment (in fact, most people would say it's too much to lose in one month). I highly suggest readjusting your expectation of how fast it will be.

Edited: sorry I misunderstood the length of time. 15 lbs in 5 months is still 15 lbs. It took me 2 years to lose 100 lbs.
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    It was 15lbs in 5 months. I got really discouraged. I have hypothyroidism and were trying to get a 2nd opinion because my previous dr is a vitamin god. He gives vitamins when your sick not medicine. So I changed drs. I wont have the right diagnosis or medications until next week. Im hoping with that the weight will come off a little easier.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Im gonna do this. I am going to lose this weight. I cant do much exercise right now because im worried about my heart. But I am walking when I can.

Kristin, I am behind you 1,000%! You can do this!

Love that you logged and took notice of the calories you were consuming and made an effort to change it. However, do you think 1200 might be too few?

By the way, how much are you trying to lose?
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    I know 4500 is over dramatic. Like way too many calories to be eating. In 2012, when I was just 2 months pregnant with my Son I lost my Dad. Therapist diagnosed me with PTSD and a overeating disorder. I just never knew it was that much. I was drinking a 2 liter a day or 4 20oz pepsis a day. When we got pizza I was eating 4-5 slices dipped in ranch. I was eating alot of syrup for breakfast. I cant believe I could eat that many calories.

I changed my goal thing to lose 1lb a week and it took my calories to almost 1600. So im between 1200-1700 calories now.

Im 4'11. So my Dr wants me to be between 90-130lbs. Im currently at 183. So between 60-100lbs.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I changed my goal thing to lose 1lb a week and it took my calories to almost 1600. So im between 1200-1700 calories now.

Good job! Keep it up!
    Im 4'11. So my Dr wants me to be between 90-130lbs. Im currently at 183. So between 60-100lbs.

Do you know 90 pounds would put you in the underweight range? Height and Weight Chart..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - what did you set MFP to for your weight loss per week?

Also, a hamburger bun, peanut butter, and syrup for breakfast...I don't really see the connection between those three as a breakfast food...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - what did you set MFP to for your weight loss per week?

Also, a hamburger bun, peanut butter, and syrup for breakfast...I don't really see the connection between those three as a breakfast food...

Put enough peanut butter on anything and it's breakfast food....
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    It was 15lbs in 5 months. I got really discouraged. I have hypothyroidism and were trying to get a 2nd opinion because my previous dr is a vitamin god. He gives vitamins when your sick not medicine. So I changed drs. I wont have the right diagnosis or medications until next week. Im hoping with that the weight will come off a little easier.

I have thyroid issues too so I just wanted to warn you that the meds kick in really slowly. They won't even retest your thyroid levels for 6 weeks (usually) because it is so slow to change. Plus doctors tend to start people off low and build your meds up so it can take a few 6-8 week cycles to get to the right spot... I just wanted to warn you because I was so annoyed with the whole process when I went through it. ;)

Good luck. Sounds like you have a plan that you are happy with. :)
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you golden. I hate eggs too. The only way ill eat them is with cheese and toast. I stick the eggs and cheese on the piece of toast and eat them. Kinda takes out the egginess lol.

If you don't like them, don't eat them. Life's too short to eat food we don't like :). If you're in the mindset of 'breakfast food', look for other alternatives - overnight oatmeal is my personal fave.

You can do this!
  • skinnygirly23
    skinnygirly23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The nutritional issue here is way too many carbs! Protein sticks with you throughout the day, keeping your blood sugar at a somewhat stable level. When you eat carbs (pizza, bread, syrup) your blood sugar goes "wacky" and so does your appetite. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away, many of us make big changes and want to see big results. Replace as many carbs with protein, also all the condiments you are adding to the carbs are hurting your calorie count. If you are too strict on yourself and it isn't somewhat practical you are setting yourself up for failure. I would say start small, eat when you are hungry just chose the right food. Eggs or egg whites for breakfast is a great replacement for the hamburger bun. You are on the right track. Try to add veggies, maybe some onions or mushrooms. It helps with taste and adds fiber which makes you feel fuller longer. Good luck!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Great start, OP! Remember it's a work in progress and some days will be easier than others. Try to think of even the struggles as a learning experience and chance to figure out what works for you.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    This thread title is really informative.
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    We just did my first walk 1 hour worth of walking. Then we went to the park and played for a little bit. Then walked back. Im at 600 calories for breakfast and lunch today. So im doing swell.
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1200 seems low to me.
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    I already changed it. Up to 1600 now.