Holy crap

Options

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You are doing so good...but remember you have to get used to start weighing ALL your solid food.
    Now you have a lot of weight to lose...it will be easier to lose at this point

But it will slow down ( now dont let this encourage you, slowing down means you are still losing and getting healthier).
    You will need to become accurate in your logging to keep losing weight
    Don't use spoons, cups or serving sizes, but start weighing your solid foods. EVERYTHING.

When you start to feel hungry...incorporate more veggies and fruits. Veggies are relative low calorie for a lot of food :)
    Also i made myself a habit to snack every evening on a huge bowl of popcorn
    Bought myself an air popper and kernels popcorn and butter spray and seasoning
    And i can have a huge bowl for only 300 calories.

158bhyma04b9.jpg

This bowl is as big as the biggest theatre serving :) But way less calories and it keeps me busy and satisfied the whole evening.

Find your own snacking/eating habits.
    You are on the right path....now the trick is to make it a habit and keeping it up!
  • corryigo
    corryigo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the great work, I found prepping my food is what helps me. Pizza I love but had to limit it quite a lot. Pizza as tasty as it is just way too many calories for me. lol Now when I eat it. It tsates so greasy I have no problems limiting the amount eaten. Keep up the awesome work. Weigh your food and you will overcome this.. Thanks for Sharing.
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thank you corryigo. Im trying lol.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I got non hormonal birth control because I gained 30lbs in 2 years from it,

You gained from eating too many calories.

You are gonna fail unless you can start being honest.

Fail.

• kristinhull1
    Options
    Im being 100% honest now. Ive eaten 600 cals today with breakfast and lunch. Thats honest
  • beccahbase
    beccahbase Posts: 13 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Your statement about "frying her metabolism" is incorrect. 1200 may not be too low, although going from 4000 to 1200 may lead to binges. I would give myself a calorie range--1200 to 2000. We also don't know what she's doing for exercise--it could be that she has an office job and isn't moving much. 1200 may be too low though, since she's only 24 and is still obese.

The macro split that is supposedly working for you only adds up to 95. So who knows what you're really doing.[/quote]

Lollll the macro split is percentage based off a 1700 calorie diet. As in 50%of my diet is carbs so I eat 213 carbs a day.
  • beccahbase
    Options
    dont make assumptions about not feeling good on a 1200 calorie intake. That is different from person to person.

It's not an assumption.
    A bmi calculator:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    An activity level equation:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

You take your bmi and multiply it by your activity level to get your average calories maintaining your current weight. In order to lose weight you subtract between 300 and 500 calories from this. Your body needs nutrition.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    beccahbase wrote: »
    dont make assumptions about not feeling good on a 1200 calorie intake. That is different from person to person.

It's not an assumption.
    A bmi calculator:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    An activity level equation:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

You take your bmi and multiply it by your activity level to get your average calories maintaining your current weight. In order to lose weight you subtract between 300 and 500 calories from this. Your body needs nutrition.

so you are saying that my medical team is wrong...my excellent monthly lab stats are wrong
    And that i feel bad?

just lolzzz
  • beccahbase
    Options

so you are saying that my medical team is wrong...my excellent monthly lab stats are wrong
    And that i feel bad?

just lolzzz
    [/quote]
    Yes. I am saying I disagree with you. I do not think this a healthy approach to weight loss, and I would not trust your advice.
  • beccahbase
    Options
    Im being 100% honest now. Ive eaten 600 cals today with breakfast and lunch. Thats honest

Gooooood.
  • beccahbase
    Options
    I already changed it. Up to 1600 now.

So great! I'm so happy for you! Your body is going to respond so well!
  • BWBTrish
    Options

And that i feel bad?

just lolzzz
    Yes. I am saying I disagree with you. I do not think this a healthy approach to weight loss, and I would not trust your advice.
    [/quote]

i didn't advice you at all but the OP
    And i think my 100 pound loss, and healthy lab stats dont need any proof of what i am doing.
    Certainly not be explained or defended to a first time poster who i didn't gave any advice

And again you are not telling me that i feel bad when i dont...Every person is different.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

And that i feel bad?

just lolzzz

Sorry but you are wrong. A person can absolutely receive 100% adequate nutrition eating 1200 calories; they just have less room for cookies, ice cream, chips, and other goodies people like to enjoy because most of their calories need to come from nutrient dense foods.

Also, I don't believe for a second that you are 4'10" and losing weight eating 1700 calories a day. Unless you are running marathons every day.
  • BWBTrish
    edited July 2015
    Options

And that i feel bad?

just lolzzz

Sorry but you are wrong. A person can absolutely receive 100% adequate nutrition eating 1200 calories; they just have less room for cookies, ice cream, chips, and other goodies people like to enjoy because most of their calories need to come from nutrient dense foods.

indeed I eat about 90% healthy because i like it. Not because i believe it is healthy. I just like fruit and vegetables
    And grow a lot myself, that doesn't mean i dont eat a donut or ice or pizza
    I just eat those less.

But i find it quite cheeky to say about me that i dont feel good and that i am not healthy..she doesn't know me, or my stats, never seen me either lol
    So she doesnt know how i feel, what i do, what i eat, how healthy or not healthy i am. But saying about somebody how they feel makes me wonder about that person how reliable their assumptions are.
    How can you say such a thing about somebody.
  • beccahbase
    Options

And i think my 100 pound loss, and healthy lab stats dont need any proof of what i am doing.
    Certainly not be explained or defended to a first time poster who i didn't gave any advice

And again you are not telling me that i feel bad when i dont...Every person is different.

[/quote]

Name calling is the first sign of defeat. You are telling this person that the extreme cut they implemented is completely safe. It's not. Your "stats" are backed up by---nothing. No proof. She will lose weight with calories cut this low. she'll lose it fast and she'll love it. Then shell try to increase caloric intake, and she'll gain weight.
    The more weight you have to lose the easier it comes off. That's why you lost 100 lbs. It gets increasingly more difficult when you have less to lose.
    Not to mention that the average persons nervous system will suffer at this level and just because you have a strong nervous system doesn't mean everyone else does. That is what will make her feel moody and lethargic. This doesn't apply to everyone, clearly.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    edited July 2015
    Options

And that i feel bad?

just lolzzz

indeed I eat about 90% healthy because i like it. Not because i believe it is healthy. I just like fruit and vegetables
    I just eat those less.

But i find it quite cheeky to say about me that i dont feel good and that i am not healthy..she doesn't know me, or my stats, never seen me either lol

Based on her 6 posts, I don't think she knows what she is talking about. Her macros don't even add up to 100%! Don't sweat it ;)
  • beccahbase
    Options

Also, I don't believe for a second that you are 4'10" and losing weight eating 1700 calories a day. Unless you are running marathons every day.[/quote]

Weight training. Losing weight pretty easily.
  • BWBTrish
    Options

And that i feel bad?

just lolzzz

I just eat those less.

Based on her 6 posts, I don't think she knows what she is talking about. Her macros don't even add up to 100%! Don't sweat it ;)

lolz i know i just had something like who are you to tell me i me how i feel.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    edited July 2015
    Options

Name calling is the first sign of defeat. You are telling this person that the extreme cut they implemented is completely safe. It's not. Your "stats" are backed up by---nothing. No proof. She will lose weight with calories cut this low. she'll lose it fast and she'll love it. Then shell try to increase caloric intake, and she'll gain weight.
    The more weight you have to lose the easier it comes off. That's why you lost 100 lbs. It gets increasingly more difficult when you have less to lose.
    Not to mention that the average persons nervous system will suffer at this level and just because you have a strong nervous system doesn't mean everyone else does. That is what will make her feel moody and lethargic. This doesn't apply to everyone, clearly.

1) She didn't call you any names.
    2) Take a look at her profile picture. That's proof.
    3) You're telling the OP who is not very active that they will lose weight eating 1600+ calories. She's 4'10". Chances are, she is not going to lose weight eating that many calories.
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    Holy crap...What happened to my nice post.