Low TDEE

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    From your profile pic, it looks like you don't need to lose any weight. Why not maintain, and enjoy this time in your life instead of stressing over a few pounds that you don't need to lose? Enjoy some nice long de-stressing walks and go into this marriage happy and healthy.

Cosigned.

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Not too many adults in the world are 110 lbs. or less.

Try not to discriminate them based on your reasoning that YOU will never be that weight. Take the facts into consideration. The OP could drop to 95-103 lbs. and still be quite healthy based on her stats. Healthier than 99% of the world if she does it right while meeting her macro minimums and consuming a rich variety of nutritious whole foods.
  • 7luckyforme
    7luckyforme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's not really viable long term, but for short bursts of weight loss, this is probably the second most effective method, if not the first. The recipes in this book allowed me to function as a 200 pound male with light weight lifting for a couple of months on only 1000 calories per day. I lost twenty pounds of fat and gained muscle in those two months. Long term its much better to maintain a balanced diet. You'll want to do a little bit of light weight training to maintain and possibly gain a little muscle.
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    From your profile pic, it looks like you don't need to lose any weight. Why not maintain, and enjoy this time in your life instead of stressing over a few pounds that you don't need to lose? Enjoy some nice long de-stressing walks and go into this marriage happy and healthy.

I agree. ^
    Enjoy your wedding. Cutting calories right now can be very bad overall. You can drop water if you eat same calories but eat lower carb. 50-100 grams/day. Carbs require water to digest so when you cut them your body weight temporarily will drop because it doesn't need that water.

When you look at the pictures 20 years from now you will see a beautiful youthful bride and you will wonder why you were so worried about losing weight that you don't need to lose.

P.S. to some other posters who..

loose
    My dog got loose today.

lose
    I hate it when I lose my keys.

• 7luckyforme
    7luckyforme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can watch this guy on double speed to get an idea what the health implications will be and how to maintain energy. I found my skin improved on this diet.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »

Try not to discriminate them based on your reasoning that YOU will never be that weight. Take the facts into consideration. The OP could drop to 95-103 lbs. and still be quite healthy based on her stats. Healthier than 99% of the world if she does it right while meeting her macro minimums and consuming a rich variety of nutritious whole foods.

Actually there are far more issues in falling below the minimum BMI of 18.5 (which for OP is 101lbs) than above

And whilst we all accept it as a population measure it is far more accurate on an individual basis at the lower end with fewer outliers than the higher

So I would refute this advice in terms of "health"

As to OP ..least nutritiously and have an amazing wedding ...a few pounds mean nothing
  • sixxpoint
    edited July 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Actually there are far more issues in falling below the minimum BMI of 18.5 (which for OP is 101lbs) than above

And whilst we all accept it as a population measure it is far more accurate on an individual basis at the lower end with fewer outliers than the higher

As to OP ..least nutritiously and have an amazing wedding ...a few pounds mean nothing

What are your credentials? Because you are speaking as if you are a strong authority on the subject.

I highly doubt the OP will be at risk of any health consequences by losing a reasonable amount of weight assuming she is not sub 10% bodyfat (which she isn't).
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

What are your credentials? Because you are speaking as if you are a strong authority on the subject.

I highly doubt the OP will be at risk of any health consequences by losing a reasonable amount of weight assuming she is not sub 10% bodyfat (which she isn't).

What are yours?
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

What are yours?

He mentioned his history of dating short slightly chubby girls in the 110-120lb range. Is that the kind of validation you are seeking? Cuz it's all I got.
  • sixxpoint
    edited July 2015
    Options

What are yours?
    • Current Professional Chef
    • Extensive Biochem & Exercise Science studies
    • A plethora of coaching/training jobs
    • Experience in Sports Medicine & Training
    • Supplement Knowledge
    • ...and I study this stuff in my spare time for fun.

Your turn.
    mantium999 wrote: »

What are yours?

He mentioned his history of dating short slightly chubby girls in the 110-120lb range. Is that the kind of validation you are seeking? Cuz it's all I got.

The haters on this site are intense... It's especially humorous when they have no idea what they are talking about or recommending.

I'm not condoning Anorexia... but most of you seem to have false ideas of what that actually is.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I agree with this because I am of this petite range and look/am perfectly health close to 100. It seems people are predisposed to view things through their own lenses. Just because it is not realistic for you to eat 1200 calories/day or be under 110 does not mean it is applicable to everyone.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    110 lbs. is a perfectly reasonable weight for someone who is 5'1". Unless the dress is skin tight, a few lbs. won't make a huge difference. If you have strapless,sleeveless, you might do some light lifting and eat extra protein to get some muscle tone in your arms if that's your worry. Or maybe find something else to worry about -- you're getting married in a few weeks and there are plenty of more important things than a few vanity lbs. at this time in your life. As far as the TDEE -- I'm 56 and 5'1.5" and my TDEE is in the 1400 range at lightly active. I'm doubtful that someone 25+ years younger has a lower TDEE than that.
  • mantium999
    Options

What are yours?
    • Supplement Knowledge

Your turn.

What are yours?

The haters on this site are intense... It's especially humorous when they have no idea what they are talking about or recommending.

I didn't hate on anything. Just found it amusing that you would mention dating many 5'3" women, and imply that they were chubby in that weight range. Not the strongest of supporting evidence, though I am not making any claims. My only knowledge on this particular topic is my 5'3" wife is between 20-25%bf at 135lbs. Wouldn't say she is the slightest bit chubby.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    OP, have you spoken to your doctor about cutting calories? Because I'd think with a heart condition, that would be the first place I'd go.

IMO, you should just focus on having a beautiful wedding. Even if you were to lose, for example, 3 lbs in your remaining 3 weeks (that's 1 lb a week), no one would ever notice those 3 lbs. No one is going to look at a bride and say "OMG, she is 3 lbs too heavy for that dress!!" Seriously.

Have a nice wedding, enjoy the time with your groom, your family and you friends. Eat some wedding cake. Do some dancing. Possibly get drunk but not too drunk, then go on your honeymoon and "have a good time".
  • sixxpoint
    edited July 2015
    Options

What are yours?
    • Supplement Knowledge

Your turn.

What are yours?

I didn't hate on anything. Just found it amusing that you would mention dating many 5'3" women, and imply that they were chubby in that weight range. Not the strongest of supporting evidence, though I am not making any claims. My only knowledge on this particular topic is my 5'3" wife is between 20-25%bf at 135lbs. Wouldn't say she is the slightest bit chubby.

Acceptable, but to my support, no one in this thread probably has the experience to tell with their actual eyeballs, how a woman looks naked at that height and weight.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

What are yours?
    • Supplement Knowledge

Your turn.

What are yours?

Acceptable, but to my support, no one in this thread probably has the experience to tell with their actual eyeballs, how a woman looks naked at that height and weight.

Why does this last post make me relieved that I am too old and already married so that I don't have to deal with the "dating market" where women are judged this way?

• sixxpoint
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »

What are yours?
    • Supplement Knowledge

Your turn.

What are yours?

Why does this last post make me relieved that I am too old and already married so that I don't have to deal with the "dating market" where women are judged this way?

I wouldn't judge you. But I'm not oblivious to facts.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

What are yours?
    • Supplement Knowledge

Your turn.

You're missing the point, sugar. Your "credentials" are as irrelevant as mine.

Most of us on here have a great grasp on health and wellness because, we, too study it in our spare time and are drawing off of our experience (both in life and here on the forums). Which is exactly what you're doing. You're not more "right" or "qualified" to offer advice. Because it's the internet.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    OP regardless of what this has turned into those saying enjoy your day have it right. A couple of pounds is not gonna make or break your photos...trust me...your smile will and if you are feeling faint or hungry...you won't be smiling...and nobody else will be either if you faint at the alter...just eat reasonably for the next couple of weeks, avoid excess sodium, drink lots of water and enjoy your day.
  • mantium999
    Options

What are yours?
    • Supplement Knowledge

Your turn.

What are yours?

Not sure if trying to validate or brag, but I am comforted that you don't seem to be drawn to sausage.