• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

P.S. to some other posters who..

loose
    My dog got loose today.

lose
    I hate it when I lose my keys.

I love you for that but it's technically not allowed but hopefully you won't get flagged for it but if you do now it's reposted here :)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Not too many adults in the world are 110 lbs. or less.

Try not to discriminate them based on your reasoning that YOU will never be that weight. Take the facts into consideration. The OP could drop to 95-103 lbs. and still be quite healthy based on her stats. Healthier than 99% of the world if she does it right while meeting her macro minimums and consuming a rich variety of nutritious whole foods.

Actually there are far more issues in falling below the minimum BMI of 18.5 (which for OP is 101lbs) than above

And whilst we all accept it as a population measure it is far more accurate on an individual basis at the lower end with fewer outliers than the higher

So I would refute this advice in terms of "health"

As to OP ..least nutritiously and have an amazing wedding ...a few pounds mean nothing

What are your credentials? Because you are speaking as if you are a strong authority on the subject.

I highly doubt the OP will be at risk of any health consequences by losing a reasonable amount of weight assuming she is not sub 10% bodyfat (which she isn't).

What are yours?
    • Current Professional Chef
    • Extensive Biochem & Exercise Science studies
    • A plethora of coaching/training jobs
    • Experience in Sports Medicine & Training
    • Supplement Knowledge
    • ...and I study this stuff in my spare time for fun.

Your turn.

You're missing the point, sugar. Your "credentials" are as irrelevant as mine.

Most of us on here have a great grasp on health and wellness because, we, too study it in our spare time and are drawing off of our experience (both in life and here on the forums). Which is exactly what you're doing. You're not more "right" or "qualified" to offer advice. Because it's the internet.

Okay then why are you here and why are you asking questions or even responding?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    OP regardless of what this has turned into those saying enjoy your day have it right. A couple of pounds is not gonna make or break your photos...trust me...your smile will and if you are feeling faint or hungry...you won't be smiling...and nobody else will be either if you faint at the alter...just eat reasonably for the next couple of weeks, avoid excess sodium, drink lots of water and enjoy your day.

Healthy and sensible advice ftw!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »

Try not to discriminate them based on your reasoning that YOU will never be that weight. Take the facts into consideration. The OP could drop to 95-103 lbs. and still be quite healthy based on her stats. Healthier than 99% of the world if she does it right while meeting her macro minimums and consuming a rich variety of nutritious whole foods.

Actually there are far more issues in falling below the minimum BMI of 18.5 (which for OP is 101lbs) than above

And whilst we all accept it as a population measure it is far more accurate on an individual basis at the lower end with fewer outliers than the higher

As to OP ..least nutritiously and have an amazing wedding ...a few pounds mean nothing

What are your credentials? Because you are speaking as if you are a strong authority on the subject.

I highly doubt the OP will be at risk of any health consequences by losing a reasonable amount of weight assuming she is not sub 10% bodyfat (which she isn't).

What are yours?
    • Current Professional Chef
    • Extensive Biochem & Exercise Science studies
    • A plethora of coaching/training jobs
    • Experience in Sports Medicine & Training
    • Supplement Knowledge
    • ...and I study this stuff in my spare time for fun.

Your turn.
    mantium999 wrote: »

What are yours?

He mentioned his history of dating short slightly chubby girls in the 110-120lb range. Is that the kind of validation you are seeking? Cuz it's all I got.

The haters on this site are intense... It's especially humorous when they have no idea what they are talking about or recommending.

I didn't hate on anything. Just found it amusing that you would mention dating many 5'3" women, and imply that they were chubby in that weight range. Not the strongest of supporting evidence, though I am not making any claims. My only knowledge on this particular topic is my 5'3" wife is between 20-25%bf at 135lbs. Wouldn't say she is the slightest bit chubby.

Acceptable, but to my support, no one in this thread probably has the experience to tell with their actual eyeballs, how a woman looks naked at that height and weight.
    Huh?
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    TaiMcEwan wrote: »
    How the heck am I supposed too lose weight somewhat healthily with a TDEE that darn low.

Not fast. That's about it. If you want to starve yourself to look better at the wedding, then that's your call.

Congrats on the wedding, though! Best Wishes
  • TaiMcEwan
    TaiMcEwan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a human being, it was a simple question. I'm never coming back to this community again.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    The way this thread went I can't say as I blame you. Though I hope you do return.
    If nothing else count your calories ( if you want) and walk for exercise.
    Have a wonderful wedding.
    Cheers, h
  • danipeur
    danipeur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BMI is outdated and misleading. It is unbelievably variable from one person to the next. My BMI puts me in the obese category.

As a lifter, I know where you're coming from, but your statement is the one actually misleading.

BMI is not accurate for:
    1. Very very very short or very very tall(5'3 is not very and neither is 6'1)
    2. The very athletic (think triathalon training, not 3x a week at spinning class)
    3. Serious weightlifter (like sixxpoint appears to be)

For the majority of the population, BMI is an acceptable indicator of when someone falls into obese/overweight. If BMI indicates you're overweight or obese and you are not in the category above, then you are likely overweight/obese. (in fact, BMI underestimates)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2877506/

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0033308

I could find you more sources, if you'd like, but I believe those are enough.

Tl;DR: BMI charts work just fine unless you're a special swole, long or teeny snowflake.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    danipeur wrote: »
    BMI is outdated and misleading. It is unbelievably variable from one person to the next. My BMI puts me in the obese category.

As a lifter, I know where you're coming from, but your statement is the one actually misleading.

BMI is not accurate for:
    1. Very very very short or very very tall(5'3 is not very and neither is 6'1)
    2. The very athletic (think triathalon training, not 3x a week at spinning class)
    3. Serious weightlifter (like sixxpoint appears to be)

For the majority of the population, BMI is an acceptable indicator of when someone falls into obese/overweight. If BMI indicates you're overweight or obese and you are not in the category above, then you are likely overweight/obese. (in fact, BMI underestimates)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2877506/

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0033308

I could find you more sources, if you'd like, but I believe those are enough.

Tl;DR: BMI charts work just fine unless you're a special swole, long or teeny snowflake.
    Yes, this.

The "new BMI" does a better job with abnormal heights but, obviously, still doesn't handle abnormal density very well.

https://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/trefethen/bmi_calc.html