Options
12346»

Replies

• pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    Never more than once a week. And I've been known to skip and do it bi-monthly. No reason to do it more frequently than that, once your on plan and making progress. All it does is introduce more chatter of the normal fluctuations, and provides opportunities to obsess over it.

If you're someone who doesn't freak out about the fluctuations, they can be fun to watch

Yeah, true ... I loved roller coasters as a kid too.

But think about what kind of personality would ask the "how often" question ... ? 9 times out of 10 its not gonna be someone who "takes it in stride".

Personally, I don't care ( and never have ) what the numbers on the scale say, because its an incomplete story anyway. What matters to me is how I feel, how I look, and how my clothes fit. I check in with the scale occasionally, but I don't need it to validate my progress, or admonish me for lack of.

• orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get away from weighing daily. I do get discouraged but it isn't enough to throw me off my game.
    That being said, I don't want to give myself stress over it. So I try to check every couple of days now just to make sure I am going in the right direction. Otherwise I will make activity adjustments or change up my diet a little. I don't want to spend a whole week "blind" in a sense when I could have made an adjustment days earlier.

I only log about once a month. I'm monitored by a "weight loss clinic" (Wharton Medical Clinic if anyone has heard of it) so I try to keep my MFP "official" weight in line with their scale (even though it puts me a couple lbs heavier than at home :P)
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I use an app called Libra and weigh myself every day, around 10am. I put it in MFP every few days. I don't use just mfp because I'd feel lame publishing any days where I fluctuate higher.

Someone correct me if I am wrong...but I don't believe MFP posts to your feed if you gained, only if you lost.

Not sure if it posts to your feed, never paid attention to be honest.

It does update your tracker, so anyone that bothers to look can see your current ... If they're following you ( group / friend ), they would probably notice a reversal trend, but not necessarily a single day.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only update with losses while losing as I'd keep getting congratulated for losing the same lb every other day. When I go to maintenance, I'll update with any gains probably weekly so that I can follow an upward trend if it's happening.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before I step in the shower. Despite the annoying fluctuations, it helps me to weigh daily because I make it part of my normal routine to get in the mindset of sticking to my weight loss goals. For others, the daily weigh-in is too frustrating. I think it is all about what drives you individually and how you are able to maintain your plan.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week .
  • nora_gettingfitnow
    nora_gettingfitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im abit afraid of the scales.....lol
    I weigh in once every four weeks, usually a saturday morning. It works for me as I find 2-3 weeks of hard work and the results will show in the 4th week. Keeps me happy and motivated :smile:
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, Thursday and Monday. Like to bookend my weekend, keeps me honest.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    I weigh every morning but only update with losses while losing as I'd keep getting congratulated for losing the same lb every other day. When I go to maintenance, I'll update with any gains probably weekly so that I can follow an upward trend if it's happening.

Haha yeah this is why I turned off wall posts about weight loss. If that was the whole story I would weigh 0!

Also it's stupid there is no option to post when you gain weight, for those with that goal. A lot of stuff on here fails to cater to that crowd.
  • WyshIKnew
    WyshIKnew Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weekly, every Monday. I do sometimes take a sneak peek midweek but only record the Monday reading.