What were you really like in high school

Options

Replies

• asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    JONZ64 wrote: »
    since there's a thread about people thinking what people were why not tell how you really were.

I was into art and I guess I hung out with the band geeks and brainiacs. Quiet shy typical Asian lol

You sound like my kids and most of my youth at the church (Korean Church)

Lol yeah but I've changed a lot confident wise and looks wise. Personality wise still the same though :)
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    Artsy kid.Visual arts mostly.. I liked theatre arts too but never pursued it cause I didnt fit in with the crowd. Nerd-y unpopular lol

We probably would've been friends
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    I was pretty shy and hung out with a few people throughout high school. The most annoying question I got was "Why are you so quiet?" Ah man, If only I could go back today but then again, I'm still not the loudest and talkative person in the world, but I'm not shy anymore!

I'm usually drawn to quiet people. You know they're less obnoxious
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was the overweight band geek that became a overweight jock and band geek. My school was interesting and there were some band geeks that were jocks.
  • blondx7
    blondx7 Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I was the overweight, funny girl who had friends in each subset. Artsy friends, AP/top of the class friends, popular friends, country bumpkin friends. I was so chubby, I couldn't get a straight boyfriend. I was so chubby, I was forced to develop a personality.
  • Harold76
    Harold76 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Skinny, glasses, geek. Was in the language and drama clubs my senior year. No real friends, except girlfriend my senior year.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Typical "floater"...friendly enough with the kids in various cliques although I didn't really fit into any of them. Wouldn't consider myself popular or an outcast. Eclectic mix of friends from jocks to goths, band nerds to burnouts. If I aligned with any group, it was probably the theater/chorus crowd, since I sang in the choir and acted in plays. Got good grades in mostly honors classes, but nobody would have thought of me as a "brain". Far more insecure since I'd ever let on (some things never change).
  • blondx7
    Options
    @ilfaith I was just like that except fat! Also the kids did think of me as a brain, but I mean, they weren't setting the world on fire.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    some of these are depressing!!
  • blondx7
    Options
    @Mr_Stabbems we can't all go to Eton and lose our virginity to Rosie Huntington-Whitely
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Was a total nerd in and couldn't dress to save my life.

mein7thgrade.jpg

These pants were green, yellow, blue and black. Oh and notice the Kmart brand shoes back in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    blondx7 wrote: »
    @Mr_Stabbems we can't all go to Eton and lose our virginity to Rosie Huntington-Whitely

Lmfao
  • blondx7
    edited July 2015
    Options
    too far to bike to?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    small HS, but I was an All-Star in football, starter in basketball, best hitter on my baseball team, best tennis player in school, strongest kid in school (and the district) so I was best at throwing the heavy **** in track...

Also on my HS's quiz bowl teams and a straight A nerd. I knew who I was and what I wanted out of life very early, and was uncompromisingly me through all of HS. For those on my FL (to understand this), I've been "me" since probably before HS started. I never liked loud, crazy parties, and was totally fine doing what I wanted to do even if it meant I went my own way.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Kinda of shy and well liked with a small but eclectic group of arty friends. I wasn't really nerdy but made good great grades.
  • asianfashionista86
    edited July 2015
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    small HS, but I was an All-Star in football, starter in basketball, best hitter on my baseball team, best tennis player in school, strongest kid in school (and the district) so I was best at throwing the heavy **** in track...

Also on my HS's quiz bowl teams and a straight A nerd. I knew who I was and what I wanted out of life very early, and was uncompromisingly me through all of HS. For those on my FL (to understand this), I've been "me" since probably before HS started. I never liked loud, crazy parties, and was totally fine doing what I wanted to do even if it meant I went my own way.
    I think you forgot to mention you were the only student that attended to this high school. Lmao jk