Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    LOL! Are you the kid with the wild Bong Parties??? :lol:
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Started scrawny. Tried wrestling. Hated it.
    Bit of a nerd. Gifted program. Had no idea how to dress. Hair wasn't fluffy enough for the time LOL
    Did the show choir thing. Got into theater and did pretty well there.
    Had the one super serious girlfriend for the last few years. Got into a spot of trouble with her and ended up graduating early (long story and not for here). Kinda all over the place, but generally got on with everybody and remember it, if not fondly, at least with no bad feelings.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    LOL! Are you the kid with the wild Bong Parties??? :lol:

Yes with the Black Light posters in my basement

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i was pretty much as i am now but teenage version . sooo i dressed different , i liked make up and wore whatever i wanted (i went through various stages of punk, goth,weirdo different hair colours) umm at one point i cut all my hair off to be about an inch long that was interesting
    but yea i was pretty much the same type of person i am now but teenagery so i was much moodier,crazier,immature, thinking i know everything blah blah blah . had a few friends but no one close at all
    i was made fun of and pushed around when people found out i was bisexual so i got a lot of hate and people throwing food at me in the hallways, screaming names at me every time they saw me & girls not wanting to be around me because "i might try to kiss them"

i was gorgeous though and always had people wanting to date me ...weirdly enough considering how hated i seemed to be

• vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I was the awkward shy kid in the hallway that was scared to talk to girls. I did well in school, was Mr Sophomore for Homecoming (but that was a fundraiser not a popularity contest). I hated high school.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    funny how a lot of awkward/shy folk turned to fitness later in life...insecurities driving them perhaps?
  • blondx7
    blondx7 Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You're coming across as patronizing and kind of mean.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options
    blondx7 wrote: »

wasnt my intention, just curious if that was the main reasons.
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Awkward and shy. Didn't have many friends besides my boyfriend
  • blondx7
    blondx7 Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    For me, no. I can't speak for the others, of course!

That's why I like you! Way to clarify!
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options
    :*
  • mjgrin
    mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Awkward theater techie who played basketball and didn't dress in anything but black until Senior year.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Well, that was 11 years ago now. I still look the same. Bright hair, bold outfits, and I kept mostly to myself or in my art classes, drawing, with a small group of friends. I always saw myself as sort of a loner and in my own head. Years later, it turns out people thought I was some kind of secret Fonz who was way too cool for everyone.

I wish someone had given me the heads up as a kid, I would've ridden that wave like no tomorrow.

Mostly I just spent my days with my head in the clouds wondering how people talk to each other without making an a** out of themselves.
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options
    Well, that was 11 years ago now. I still look the same. Bright hair, bold outfits, and I kept mostly to myself or in my art classes, drawing, with a small group of friends. I always saw myself as sort of a loner and in my own head. Years later, it turns out people thought I was some kind of secret Fonz who was way too cool for everyone.

I wish someone had given me the heads up as a kid, I would've ridden that wave like no tomorrow.

Mostly I just spent my days with my head in the clouds wondering how people talk to each other without making an a** out of themselves.

artist?
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    blondx7 wrote: »

I didn't find it mean at all. :)
    Any other ladies notice how you had no idea how to do good hair and makeup? I looked awful with my poofy hair and blue eye shadow all the way up to my brow! Haha so awkward
  • shrinkingletters
    Options

artist?

Um, yes? I paint. For myself, though. I haven't done any commissioned work in years due to some pretty heavy stuff in my life clouding my noggin and messing with my confidence in that respect.
  • shrinkingletters
    Options
    funny how a lot of awkward/shy folk turned to fitness later in life...insecurities driving them perhaps?

I was an awkward shy kid that liked to run in the mornings before school and participated in karate tournaments and dance classes...
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Options

artist?

Um, yes? I paint. For myself, though. I haven't done any commissioned work in years due to some pretty heavy stuff in my life clouding my noggin and messing with my confidence in that respect.

ahh cool, oils, acrylic, gouache? I draw, graphite only really. Done a bit of digital stuff but prefer traditional stuff
  • shrinkingletters
    Options
    I mean, I was never shy. Just kind of aloof and distracted.
  • shrinkingletters
    Options

artist?

ahh cool, oils, acrylic, gouache? I draw, graphite only really. Done a bit of digital stuff but prefer traditional stuff

Mixed media, usually acrylics, inks, watercolors. I was self-taught in photoshop and illustrator. I think it's really neat that kids these days have these amazing editor apps on their phones and are blissfully unaware of how it used to occasionally be a painstaking process to take film and digitize it and edit it from there. I used to take my finished line-art and colorize it through illustrator and PS.