Spirulina

Options
1235»

Replies

• moog54
    moog54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    lingo10 wrote: »
    I still like Spirulina, one of the neat green foods out there. At first, I smelled the bottle it came in and I was out like a light but then, found a way i love using it.

Oat Milk, Whey in Vanilla, Spirulina, and banana. Not bad at all.

I started using this in shakes, but disliked the way it would 'counter' the pleasent flavours of my shake, another user on here mentioned about mixing up as a shot in water. Thats what I do now, down in one, then a glass of water to wash it down, its quickly down and I can now enjoy my juice/shake and all their delicate flavours.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    moog54 wrote: »
    lingo10 wrote: »
    I still like Spirulina, one of the neat green foods out there. At first, I smelled the bottle it came in and I was out like a light but then, found a way i love using it.

Oat Milk, Whey in Vanilla, Spirulina, and banana. Not bad at all.

I started using this in shakes, but disliked the way it would 'counter' the pleasent flavours of my shake, another user on here mentioned about mixing up as a shot in water. Thats what I do now, down in one, then a glass of water to wash it down, its quickly down and I can now enjoy my juice/shake and all their delicate flavours.

Ahh ok thats not a bad idea. like how some people do with wheatgrass. :D thats cool
  • UpsideMeagan
    UpsideMeagan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I cured my husband's cold sores by having him take a daily B-12 STRESS vitamin. He's been cold-sore free for over fifteen years.

Lysine also works to keep cold sores away. That's how I do it.

And OP, if you get a benefit out of taking spirulina, keep going and don't worry about everyone else. I add Amazing Grass (which is similar) to my shakes every day and get a ton of benefits from it, including better sleep, clear skin, shinier hair and more energy. I'm sure people would poo poo it but idaf.
  • katiegud
    katiegud Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I realize this thread is a couple of weeks old, but I was researching spirulina today and came upon this: http://examine.com/supplements/spirulina/ and thought OP might want to read it. It does appear to have some promising effects on certain conditions. Also, the 'quackwatch' link just says it doesn't help with obesity, not that it doesn't do anything. Personally I'm going to give it a try for a while, though I bought tablets instead of powder to avoid the taste issue.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    katiegud wrote: »
    I realize this thread is a couple of weeks old, but I was researching spirulina today and came upon this: http://examine.com/supplements/spirulina/ and thought OP might want to read it. It does appear to have some promising effects on certain conditions. Also, the 'quackwatch' link just says it doesn't help with obesity, not that it doesn't do anything. Personally I'm going to give it a try for a while, though I bought tablets instead of powder to avoid the taste issue.

Sorry, we should've told you but the OP, he turned into a sponge from drinking all the spirulina. He now lives at the bottom of the sea.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    In a pineapple, btw.