Almomd Milk vs. Regular Milk vs. Soy Milk

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    As I don't want to be someone who drinks another species milk (and we are the only ones who do), I find almond milk the best, certainly tasty and low fat.
    lololol
    orly20baby.gif

cat-drinking-milk-directly-from-cow.gif
    050905_dogtigers.jpg
    Birddrinkingmilk_zps271330a5.jpg
    115629-tiger-and-piglets.jpg
    Dog-lion-cubs_1445308i.jpg
    cow-goat_1409889i.jpg

I also don't think almonds or soy are your species either.
  • Joocey
    Joocey Posts: 115 Member
    Options

You don't know me!
  • CoderGal
    Options

You don't know me!
    You're the smartest nut I've ever met :tongue:
  • Joocey
    Joocey Posts: 115 Member
    Options

You don't know me!

Only on my mother's side. My father was a legume.
  • CoderGal
    Options

You don't know me!

Only on my mother's side. My father was a legume.
    0000691307_350.jpg
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I use both regular milk and almond milk in my cereal (combined). One thing I like about almond milk is that it is a decent source of potassium, which is a number I struggle to hit.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big milk drinker. Dairy milk is higher in protein, but it's also higher in calories. I've used soy milk before, but I wasn't thrilled with the texture or flavor of it. I also use a lot of other soy products, primarily tofu, so I didn't want to overdo it. I switched to almond milk, and it's by far my favorite of the three. It tastes great on its own without being heavy, and it blends really well with my protein powders, which is really the only thing I use milk for anyway. I actually prefer the flavor of it over dairy milk. It doesn't offer much in the way of protein, but there are lots of other ways to get protein.
  • Mdpatel513
    Options
    Hi! If it comes down to REGULAR full fat milk vs almond/soy then go with almond or soy. but, you should honestly drink skim milk for the most perks. Yes almond/soy milk are fortified with nutrients but what people fail to realize is that the way vitamin absorption occurs is that many vitamins counteract the other. This being said, often times when almond/soy milk are fortified with a multitude of vitamins, your body will absorb less than 3%. Its better to get your vitamins from an array of natural food sources and to drink skim milk because its natural and not processed.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't drink any form of milk-

cow's milk grosses me out and I don't like the taste
    almond milk is too expensive
    soy milk-I don't do soy anything

So, good old water for me :drinker:
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Almond milk doesn't make me clear a room after I have a glass. So there's that.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Baby cows drink cow milk.
    Baby zebras drink zebra milk.
    Baby humans drink human milk.

So why do adult humans drink cow milk?
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have tried all 3 at some point or another. I became lactose intolerant at around 18, so I went from regular to soy. Then I started hearing about all these studies about how bad soy is for female hormones/ cancers, and I really hated how sweet most of the soy milks are (even the unsweented ones are pretty sweet). Because of that I switched to almond. I LOVE almond milk, but my husband doesn't like the taste, so when we moved in together I switched to lactose free dairy milk. A lot of people who feel bloated a lot or get mild flu's a lot are mildly lactose intolerant, so if you are asking the question because of how milk makes you feel, then I recommend almond milk. Personally I like the 40 calorie ones because it doesn't taste as thick or as "nutty".
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk, I just use it for cereal. I usually get soy milk, but I'll get almond or regular if I need it for a recipe and then use what's left over for my cereal. Soy tastes the best to me, maybe just because that's what I'm used to.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i love almond milk.. can use for anything.

Soy way to many potential problems with that mess.

reg milk to much fat rather have from other sources.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I don't drink any form of milk-

cow's milk grosses me out and I don't like the taste
    almond milk is too expensive
    soy milk-I don't do soy anything

So, good old water for me :drinker:
    If I did that it would be hello good ol osteoporosis for me :sick: I don't understand where people get so much calcium from :tongue: even with milk I don't seem to get enough.
  • Sailfindragon
    Sailfindragon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use Soya Milk, Rice Milk and very occassionally Almond Milk. I can only use a small amount of 1% regular milk with coffee (I have an dairy/wheat intolerance)
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk in my smoothies or on cereal but to drink outright I prefer good ol' skim milk.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Almond milk for sure - although I will have regular milk too -

Soy is crap - I never liked the flavor

Coconut milk is amazing but high in fat (granted, it's good fat).
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    Protein isn't a concern for me when I choose unsweetened almond milk. I make up for it in the other foods I consume, or things I make with almond milk such as protein shakes. I prefer the taste of unsweetened almond milk to any other alternative milk, hands down.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Baby cows drink cow milk.
    Baby zebras drink zebra milk.
    Baby humans drink human milk.

So why do adult humans drink cow milk?

Because it tastes awesome!? What other reason do you need?