Almomd Milk vs. Regular Milk vs. Soy Milk

Options

Replies

• IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    humans drink milk from other species because we CAN (hey, thanks, thumbs!).
    do you really think that other omnivorious species wouldn't be all over that **** if they had the ability?

*full disclosure : i don't drink milk, i just think that particular arguement is unfounded*

"Hey, thanks, thumbs!", this statement is going to have me laughing all day long!
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is the nail in the coffin for the whole "Cows milk isn't meant for human" arguement. How it makes so much more sense to believe we should be drinking "milk" that has been processed from any sort of nut or bean is beyond me.
    I personally don't care what anyone drinks, but our species created a disease. Lactose intolerant? And, milk is heavily processed also. The point of cows drink cow milk is valid. Go suck on an utter and see if you get sick.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    orly20baby.gif

cat-drinking-milk-directly-from-cow.gif
    050905_dogtigers.jpg
    Birddrinkingmilk_zps271330a5.jpg
    115629-tiger-and-piglets.jpg
    Dog-lion-cubs_1445308i.jpg
    cow-goat_1409889i.jpg

I also don't think almonds or soy are your species either. And I don't think those species try to drink Almond or Soy milk, either. I also don't think they ride bicycles or drive cars, so we better stop that too. Wings, they're for birds, we should stop flying also. My point is that's not a very good argument. It's certainly not factual. Ignoring the fact I've seen adult animals drink fresh cows milk when offered, what makes you think it's true?
    I don't see any adult animals drinking milk?
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    orly20baby.gif

050905_dogtigers.jpg
    cow-goat_1409889i.jpg

I also don't think almonds or soy are your species either. And I don't think those species try to drink Almond or Soy milk, either. I also don't think they ride bicycles or drive cars, so we better stop that too. Wings, they're for birds, we should stop flying also. My point is that's not a very good argument. It's certainly not factual. Ignoring the fact I've seen adult animals drink fresh cows milk when offered, what makes you think it's true?
    Exactly!!! And a lot or these situations are pretty unusual btw. Baby animals have an enzyme which helps them to break down lactose... adult humans so not posess this! Dogs will eat or drink just about anything so dont' bother using them as an example...they eat poop and will consume raisins or chocolate even though they are poisonous to them. Humans the same..we will eat other animals meat and milk though they do untold damage to us over time.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I personally HATE the taste of cow milk by itself :sick:

I personally make own nut milks:

❤ pecan milk

❤ walnut milk

❤ almond milk

I can make any of them into creams, condensed, or any variety of flavor i want.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    orly20baby.gif

050905_dogtigers.jpg
    cow-goat_1409889i.jpg

Exactly!!! And a lot or these situations are pretty unusual btw. Baby animals have an enzyme which helps them to break down lactose... adult humans so not posess this! Dogs will eat or drink just about anything so dont' bother using them as an example...they eat poop and will consume raisins or chocolate even though they are poisonous to them. Humans the same..we will eat other animals meat and milk though they do untold damage to us over time.
    Yeah........and baby cows should only be the ones allowed to consume yogurt, cheese and ice cream too. Damn humans.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to use the nut/ soy milks usually anymore because they are fortified with vitamins sometimes and I'm not certain our bodies use added vitamins as well as if it was just the calcium say that comes from cows milk. I'm going with full fat organic/ bio-organic cows for now. I find when I use low fat cows milk or anything else I have to use three times as much in my coffee anyway to get it half as milky anyway! I was also told my a nutritionist that full fat cows milk has more vitamin A and D so I think that's a good thing....more carbs in skim too I believe.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    orly20baby.gif

050905_dogtigers.jpg
    cow-goat_1409889i.jpg

Yeah........and baby cows should only be the ones allowed to consume yogurt, cheese and ice cream too. Damn humans.
    Yes, damn them. and the babies and their enzymes. It's weird tho, because I don't have any problem at all breaking down lactose. I know many people with this magical ability and very few without. Many of them guzzle glasses upon glasses of milk and dairy products every day. We must be the most magic of humans?

Also that cat is definitely an adult....And I'm not sure what you're getting on with...the poop stuff...I've seen several babies try to eat their own as well as some adults on survivor tv and adult tv *shiver*....And unlike other people, they can get by without getting sick. They must have poop enzymes :laugh: . And my dog never eats poop...nor does he seem to want to. In fact the few 'mishabs' he's had in the house he wants to go nowhere near it. He well eat rasins. Then again I well eat hot peppers and ginger so I'm not sure how you're making a point. Unless it's delicious things are delicious but should only be had in small doses. Particularly since many people who end up here are because of eating copious things that aren't good for them. But since I'm not aloud to use dog I'll just say cat, people and various other animals. Not sure what the poop thing has to do with anything tho. Particularly the untold damage part. This is campfire stuff this is :p
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I drink regular milk.

I'm allergic to almonds, so almond milk is out.
    I've got hypothyroidism, so I try to limit my soy and soy milk is out.

I am thinking about trying coconut milk but haven't yet because I never think of it while I'm at the store.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I have almond milk and hazelnut milk. I'm not a fan of soy.

Hazelnut milk?! I must find this.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to use the nut/ soy milks usually anymore because they are fortified with vitamins sometimes and I'm not certain our bodies use added vitamins as well as if it was just the calcium say that comes from cows milk. I'm going with full fat organic/ bio-organic cows for now. I find when I use low fat cows milk or anything else I have to use three times as much in my coffee anyway to get it half as milky anyway! I was also told my a nutritionist that full fat cows milk has more vitamin A and D so I think that's a good thing....more carbs in skim too I believe.

If you are trying to avoid added vitamins then you should avoid cow's milk with vitamin D. The vitamin D is added.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I use all three :D

Lactose free milk for coffee and tea, soy milk for everything else. Sometimes I buy almond milk and use it in protein shakes, but that doesn't happen that often 'cause almond milk is quite expensive here + I don't like almond milk as much as I like soy milk.

I'm in this camp. I use soy milk in my coffee, I use regular milk for cooking, or a drink if I need one (I don't eat cereal, so that's out of the equation), and I use Almond Milk for my protein shakes, and/or making of other milk based mixes. I'm not really that "in tune" with the benefits of any of them, other than it comes down to flavor and the calorie count for what I'm trying to achieve at that very specific moment.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    As far as having the best spread of nutrients goes, regular milk is best. Almond milk and Soy milk often lack many of the nutrients found in regular milk and are artificially infused with it. Also, soy, when consumed in large enough amounts to constitute a significant portion of your daily protein intake, can, over time, alter hormone production. Coconut milk is another good alternative but is also missing many of the nutrients found in regular milk.

So, IMO

Regular milk unless you for whatever reason can't eat dairy. Then almond milk, then coconut, then soy.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, and i don't like soy milk, so i'm drinking almond milk. I enjoy the unsweetened.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i love my whey protein in vanilla soy milk :heart:

and i have increased testosterone due to PCOS so the hormones in it add an extra bonus
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm alright with all three, but buy almond milk. Cow's milk is good, but I already get my calcium from other places. Almond milk also lasts longer then cow's milk expiration date wise, and it takes me awhile to get through my milk since I generally only add it to my cereal.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Regular milk- tasty, can be high in fat, has more carbs, more sugar, moderate protein, not as much calcium as almond milk
    Almond milk- can't mix well with whey, really clumpy and nasty, same amount of carbs, more than double calcium compared to regular milk, same sugar, lower in calories (almost half)
    Soy milk- I buy the Silk almond milk brand. Isn't that soy milk then? I'm not too sure on that..
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    regular milk is always gonna be a winner with me. i love the fresh taste of it and it tastes the best in my cereals. fat free regular milk is not as tasty but i like it as well. second is almond milk. i've never tried soy but i don't think i'll try it any time soon.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Almond milk FTW. Soy tastes like drinking grass and cow's milk hurts me.
    Also, after not drinking cow's milk for like 3 years it tastes really, really weird to me now.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I use all three :D

Lactose free milk for coffee and tea, soy milk for everything else. Sometimes I buy almond milk and use it in protein shakes, but that doesn't happen that often 'cause almond milk is quite expensive here + I don't like almond milk as much as I like soy milk.

I'm in this camp. I use soy milk in my coffee, I use regular milk for cooking, or a drink if I need one (I don't eat cereal, so that's out of the equation), and I use Almond Milk for my protein shakes, and/or making of other milk based mixes. I'm not really that "in tune" with the benefits of any of them, other than it comes down to flavor and the calorie count for what I'm trying to achieve at that very specific moment.
    Why soy milk for coffee? I don't usually use soy in my coffee but if I'm out I may start doing this just because it's different and I like very small amounts of fresh soy (but a full glass disgusts me)