62 LBS Lost-Love of Fitness Found (pics-before and current)

Options

Replies

• JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    WOW thank you for sharing you have an awesome body such a motivation to me and like the person before said... I know this isn't about your hair but it's gorgeous! Thank you for making me feel there is hope! I have such a looong way to go!
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You are amazing! Great job and very inspiring!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Kelly , you look great. I can tell you really enjoy this.....it fits you well! Thanks for sharing!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You are totally awesome!
  • 4HisGloryAlways
    4HisGloryAlways Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow you are very inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing your progress! Do you still track calories during maintenance? What's your strategy now?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!! thanks for the update.
  • 4HisGloryAlways
    4HisGloryAlways Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow you are very inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing your progress! Do you still track calories during maintenance? What's your strategy now?

I do still track calories 95% of the time though I'm not nearly as strict with weighing and measuring. I've come to the conclusion that it's something I'll have to do for the rest of my life if I want to remain successful and I'm totally okay with that. Honestly the only thing that's changed since entering maintenance for me is that I get to eat more which has been awesome.

Thanks for answering my question. You're right, it's a life long pursuit. Good job on maintaining for the past year :smiley: ! I'm very inspired :smile:
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
    You look great; what an inspiration!

I sent you a long email/message.
    Appreciate any help.
    Amanda
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look so good!!! Great Job!!! Thanks for sharing your journey-truly inspiring & motivating!!! :)
  • janettekathleen
    janettekathleen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You look so strong! You must be very proud of yourself.
    I was wondering though - you mentioned you lost most of your weight in the first 9 months -.was that mostly with your change in diet? When did you start the crossfit training and heavy lifting?
    Your success and results are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing - and congratulations!!!
  • miconsumafuoco
    miconsumafuoco Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for updating us! Happy anniversary!
  • carrie197618
    carrie197618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You looking simply amazing. Your transformation is so inspiring. Wanted to ask you ..did you start your journey with weight lifting?? Right from your heaviest point?? Or did you start once you lost some weight?? Am asking coz I have started weight lifting and I love it so much but not seeing any results so keep wondering if I should start once I lose some weights
    Please advice ..thanks in advance
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, so impressive! These are the results I want for myself. I've lost a lot of weight and am probably down to the last 20? I run 3x per week and have been heavy lifting rather inconsistently but maybe on average 1x per week? I'm so confused about calories. Mfp has me set at 1200 which I rarely achieve at 5'9", I want to lose fat and build muscle, I want to look like you ! I don't really understand bulk and cut cycled, did y do that at all? I'm not sure I'm supposed to while still losing fat? I understand that you cannot build muscle while on a calorie deficit so I'm confused as to what's happening when I lift? I believe you said you ate 1700 calories, were you weighing yourself? I really feel overwhelmed with all the info and I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to be eating, ahhhhh. So many questions, any advice is appreciated. Again kudos to you!!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    Amazing results, so impressive! These are the results I want for myself. I've lost a lot of weight and am probably down to the last 20? I run 3x per week and have been heavy lifting rather inconsistently but maybe on average 1x per week? I'm so confused about calories. Mfp has me set at 1200 which I rarely achieve at 5'9", I want to lose fat and build muscle, I want to look like you ! I don't really understand bulk and cut cycled, did y do that at all? I'm not sure I'm supposed to while still losing fat? I understand that you cannot build muscle while on a calorie deficit so I'm confused as to what's happening when I lift? I believe you said you ate 1700 calories, were you weighing yourself? I really feel overwhelmed with all the info and I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to be eating, ahhhhh. So many questions, any advice is appreciated. Again kudos to you!!

Congrats on the weight loss!! What's the confusion with your calories? You said you're 5'9 and set at 1200 calories (which sounds like a low target to me if you're somewhat active which it sounds like you are) but you didn't mention your rate of loss. You said that you rarely achieve your calorie target but you didn't say how many you're actually consuming daily. I did weigh both myself and my food while I lost the weight. I'm less concerned about the number on the scale now and more so with bodyfat % but a target number was a good goal in the beginning for me.

After I hit my target weight a few months later I did one small bulk and cut cycle (about 8 lbs gained 6 lost). If you still have 20 to lose your best bet it probably just to follow a progressive lifting program (more than once a week) and eat enough protein while maintaining a calorie deficit. Once you get closer to your target weight, a bulk and cut cycle might be a better fit (this is just my opinion of course). If you're relatively new to lifting you can sometimes build muscle in a deficit but mostly you're looking to retain the muscle mass you have and minimize additional muscle loss as you lose the rest of the weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!