inappropriate question... but i want to know. so please no judging.. if dont like the question just

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    smadaris91 wrote: »
    How long and hard are you going at it? It's funny what people say can and can't be counted, even though you're putting in just as much effort as if you were out running, or at the gym!! If I put in the effort, I'm counting it, I don't care what others have to say.

yea that's what I'm saying! of course I'm not going to be posting my daily sexual activity on here. but I know daily sexual activity makes my muscles sore, like my core muscles and my legs and back lol something has to be getting a workout to create soreness

But you had sex before you wanted to lose weight, no?

yes I had sex before I wanted to lose weight but I wasn't watching my calories or adjusting them with CICO. so the burn of the sex would have been irrelevant at that point.

there's a reason that you have an activity level setting...trying to track every little thing is ridiculous and unnecessary and any calorie burn estimate you get for *kitten* is going to pretty much be a stab in the dark anyway.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I wondered if that was intentional....
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Not sure which thread is better, this one or the mermaids.

I read the first page of that thread and used my legs to run out lol, you can tell it's the weekend! :D
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    How long and hard are you going at it? It's funny what people say can and can't be counted, even though you're putting in just as much effort as if you were out running, or at the gym!! If I put in the effort, I'm counting it, I don't care what others have to say.

yea that's what I'm saying! of course I'm not going to be posting my daily sexual activity on here. but I know daily sexual activity makes my muscles sore, like my core muscles and my legs and back lol something has to be getting a workout to create soreness

But you had sex before you wanted to lose weight, no?

yes I had sex before I wanted to lose weight but I wasn't watching my calories or adjusting them with CICO. so the burn of the sex would have been irrelevant at that point.

there's a reason that you have an activity level setting...trying to track every little thing is ridiculous and unnecessary and any calorie burn estimate you get for *kitten* is going to pretty much be a stab in the dark anyway.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

I wondered if that was intentional....

It probably wasn't but I still thought it was funny :laugh:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    Beds should have a calories burned meter mounted to the headboard.

"Keep going, babe! I want icecream tonight!" :joy:

LMAO!!!! I love it!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    it was a discussion that me and my friend where having so I thought I would ask. What we where thinking is that when your having sex, you hold in your core and engage a lot of different muscles? not to mention the different positions I could see it being a good calorie burn. (unless your lazy and just lay there lol) it was on the woman health page saying the different things that burn calories. and I was just wondering others opinions on it.

It is clear my thoughts and others differs greatly. If 'hold in your core' is on your mind then something is going terribly wrong. As for the burn I wouldn't count it. I mean, how many calories can I burn in 27 seconds?!?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    Beds should have a calories burned meter mounted to the headboard.

"Keep going, babe! I want icecream tonight!" :joy:

LMAO!!!! I love it!

:laugh:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your activity level setting lets MFP calculate your NEATcalories. From the link:
    Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) is the energy expended for everything we do that is not sleeping, eating or sports-like exercise. It ranges from the energy expended walking to work, typing, performing yard work, undertaking agricultural tasks and fidgeting. Even trivial physical activities increase metabolic rate substantially and it is the cumulative impact of a multitude of exothermic actions that culminate in an individual's daily NEAT. It is, therefore, not surprising that NEAT explains a vast majority of an individual's non-resting energy needs.

Sex is not sleeping, eating (yeah not even that ), and not sports-like exercise. In summary, sex is NEAT.

• PikaKnight
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    it was a discussion that me and my friend where having so I thought I would ask. What we where thinking is that when your having sex, you hold in your core and engage a lot of different muscles? not to mention the different positions I could see it being a good calorie burn. (unless your lazy and just lay there lol) it was on the woman health page saying the different things that burn calories. and I was just wondering others opinions on it.

It is clear my thoughts and others differs greatly. If 'hold in your core' is on your mind then something is going terribly wrong. As for the burn I wouldn't count it. I mean, how many calories can I burn in 27 seconds?!?

Maybe that's how they have sex for a few hours. So focused on the calorie goal and making sure their core and other muscles are engaged they don't really get there and just keep going?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    sex is NEAT.

Yeah it is!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

Maybe that's how they have sex for a few hours. So focused on the calorie goal and making sure their core and other muscles are engaged they don't really get there and just keep going?
    Well. . . .wow. I can't imagine thinking "Is my gluteal engaged, or is my hip thruster fully expanded" what the hello kitty is wrong with these people. My head hurts.

• Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Never thought to try and count the calorie burn!

To be honest if it's good enough to be burning off a significant number of calories, I'm just gonna stick with be grateful for getting some that's that good!

ETA: I'm outta here - seems there's a mermaid thread I need to find.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You can get sore from something without having gotten a good workout/burned significant calories from it. Just using/stretching a slightly different set of muscles in a way that you don't normally is enough to be a bit sore.

And going for hours on end sounds like it'd make you sore!!!

and bored, quite frankly. i got tv shows to catch up on
  • DavPul
    Options
    kecope wrote: »
    so I guess the truth is no one has the answer lol its just an enigma

Sunny Megatron did a segment about this on one of her shows. It was interesting to see the results. If I remember correctly, when compared to the same amount of time spent on a treadmill you do burn less calories than a vigorous sex session.

However, sex would be a lot more fun than the treadmill even though it's not quite the same as far as a workout.

WOW very interesting

Love how you're only taking notice of the posts you agree with OP... Why make the thread in the first place when you don't actually want advice from people?

because I want to know how many calories it burns. not if people should log it????

is there a particular language you'd prefer people to use when they answer this question? because it's been answered in English at least a dozen times now
  • DavPul
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    There's a mermaid thread...?!

link please
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    kecope wrote: »
    so I guess the truth is no one has the answer lol its just an enigma

Sunny Megatron did a segment about this on one of her shows. It was interesting to see the results. If I remember correctly, when compared to the same amount of time spent on a treadmill you do burn less calories than a vigorous sex session.

However, sex would be a lot more fun than the treadmill even though it's not quite the same as far as a workout.

WOW very interesting

Love how you're only taking notice of the posts you agree with OP... Why make the thread in the first place when you don't actually want advice from people?

because I want to know how many calories it burns. not if people should log it????

is there a particular language you'd prefer people to use when they answer this question? because it's been answered in English at least a dozen times now

לא מספיק כדי לכתוב אותם
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Has OP gone to have a couple of hours of sex so she can eat a pizza?
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Can someone please Tell me how many calories you burn having sex / per second.... I average about 5-10 seconds at a crack, but it's definitley intense :P
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    The search feature is your friend. A quick search and you'll see this topic has been asked and answered 42,855,812 times in the last month. And the answer is no.

But how are we defining "Weird/hardcore"? Asking for a friend.

idk I guess more like aggressive lol

Could you be more specific

UMM lol idk lol I don't want to get graphic and get flagged lol

Like if a man chases you down the street and into your house first....?

Now we're finally getting somewhere.

Carry on.

Lmfao!

• DiveRight
    DiveRight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most of the calories are burned smoking the cigarette.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Can someone please Tell me how many calories you burn having sex / per second.... I average about 5-10 seconds at a crack, but it's definitley intense :P

How many cracks a day are you ... cracking?

Oh and the answer is about 0.05 cals per second.