You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Nova_88 wrote: »
    When you walk around the house with your laptop in the hands to make sure your Fitbit (that is on charge) continue to track your steps.

I :heart: this so much. I've been debating with myself on getting a laptop to replace my desktop when it finally dies and this may have just decided for me.
    When you drink directly from the measuring cup to make sure not a drop is wasted.

I do this. I also drink water from it, after I come in from working out. I like to make sure I drink in 8 oz increments (so I can log it) so this makes it easy. I just leave it in the drainboard for quick access.
    When you go a little over your calorie goal for the day, so you take the dog on an extra walk so you can log the extra exercise and be right at/slightly under your goal. I hate going over my goal by a little bit! It's one thing if I've committed to a higher calorie day and I know I'm going over by a few hundred. I just hate missing it by, say 50 calories.

I bet your dog is in his/her best shape :smiley: I too, hate going over my calorie goal by a little. Same as I hate missing my 10K Fitbit steps by a small margin. I'd rather be at 9000, then 9800.

• LessofAJ
    LessofAJ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When the girl at Bob Evans knows you by name because you pick up a kids meal for lunch at least once a week!
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    When you drink directly from the measuring cup to make sure not a drop is wasted.

I just did this.

Also, when you bitterly regret the last dregs of liquid in a measuring cup being washed down the sink (Bailey's Irish Cream today).

You have to pour some coffee back into the measuring cup to get the last drops!
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options

I just did this.

Also, when you bitterly regret the last dregs of liquid in a measuring cup being washed down the sink (Bailey's Irish Cream today).

Or when you "stir" your coffee with the tiny measuring cup you used for the creamer so that you get it ALL!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »

I just did this.

Or when you "stir" your coffee with the tiny measuring cup you used for the creamer so that you get it ALL!

Hahaha! I do this now too, for the same reason. :smiley:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You still have an unopened box of some of your favorite cookies that your mom brought 5 months ago because you just can't find room in your days for them (90 calories a cookie)... when 3 years ago the package would have been gone in 2 days.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    When you have all your stuff logged before you get out of the checkout lane at the grocery store. Or when you start singing "Another One Bites the Dust" to yourself when you log your last food for the day.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You can't stop making mental notes about how characters in TV shows manage to stay so fit by eating so much junk (*cough* Dean Winchester *cough*) and doing so little exercise (like, spending so much time driving!).

Then you see a female character finally eat more than a salad and you think 'that makes more sense, she's so active, she must burn a lot of calories'.

Because Dean Winchester's sexiness makes him burn calories faster than us.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Your kid assumes that mashed potatoes are mashed cauliflower.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Ordering off the kid's menu at restaurants (even though your kid already ate/ doesn't eat solids yet) because that's the only meal on there that's below 1000 calories:)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options

I just did this.

RIGHT???!!! I never top off my coffee anymore. I pour the cold leftovers into a decanter and make a whole new cup until the decanter amount is equal to a cup, then reheat, to log it easier :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    When you now the lawn not because it's long but because it means less time on the treadmill later.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    When you reside in an apartment complex & therefore don't have to shovel snow but awaken earlier than normal, just to beat them to it; for the exercise!
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    When you have all your stuff logged before you get out of the checkout lane at the grocery store. Or when you start singing "Another One Bites the Dust" to yourself when you log your last food for the day.
    I sing this too, but I do it when I have just stepped off the scale with a new loss. This also involves some significant butt-wiggling. :D
  • Jenna8915
    Jenna8915 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You no longer understand how people can eat "normally" with no idea of the calorie content of what they're eating!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    You're behind someone in the checkout lane and mentally add up the calorie count of what they're buying.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When I get annoyed when someone takes food off my plate because I LOGGED THOSE CALORIES AND I WANT THEM.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    When you take your food scale to your mom's place to weigh her ingredients are she cooks because she cooks this amazing dish without a recipe and you want to know exactly how many calories it contains

When you are appalled when people cook without a recipe weighed in grams and don't know the exact number of portions it will yield
  • kimadm4
    kimadm4 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »
    ^^^^ I thought it was just me . . . . I'm not mad after all. I think I ticked 95% of the above . . . and the remainder . . . I thought 'why am I not doing this?' 'Oh, yes, 'cos I don't do office as I'm retired' LOL
    this made me laugh!!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Not eating a snack because somewhere in the back of your mind you think: "and how am I going to log that?"

(and that's after three weeks of using mfp... what's it going to be like in a year?)