You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options
1272829303133»

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Wow, several of you have well trained spouses/OH!

Mine is on the way to becoming one! He joined MFP literally yesterday to start tracking his food and work on body reccomposition, and I’ve spent the last two days answering questions like ”what kind of yoghurt did we put in that food?” and ”how big was that yoghurt container?” (he did the cooking while I was cleaning the kitchen) and he even texted me at work about how he should log the restaurant lunch he had at work. What I wanted to ask was how tf would I know when his question was about logging ”nepalese food” without any specifics and I didn’t see even a picture of it to eyeball portion size. Instead, I politely instructed him to look for entries for rice, naan bread and any sauces he had separately. We have a food scale, maybe one day he’ll turn to that and reading the packaging instead of just asking me everything.

Clearly my husband at least thinks I’m in the zone.

Re-reading this, clearly I had some frustrations about the constant questions that I needed to vent. It’s great that he’s starting to use MFP and that he asks for help, and in the future he can also become a well-trained MFP OH who supports me with my logging :blush:
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.

I use the MFP recipe builder and weigh the end product. So I’m in the zone because I know what my saucepans and oven dishes weigh :blush: