You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    When you get a new set of scales as a Christmas present and that is actually a great gift!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    When you ask your surgeon if you can wear your fitbit during surgery so you can log the sleep. And yes, I did ask but (honest) I was only kidding!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Dreven1989 wrote: »
    When people think your hobby is taking pictures of bar codes.

LOL!!! My roommate gave me the funniest look the other day. He doesn't make a habit of watching me cook but he was very curious of why I needed so many pictures to cook dinner
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    But when you have to make sure your Fitbit-wearing arm is free to swing as you walk - no carrying anything or pushing anything with that arm! Every step must count!

Definitely this!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    This is Fitbit related, but since I love seeing those calorie adjustments, I'm putting it here!

But when you have to make sure your Fitbit-wearing arm is free to swing as you walk - no carrying anything or pushing anything with that arm! Every step must count!

I did a test on this. If you are doing an activity that does not permit your arm to swing, if you put the fitbit in your pocket it will count your steps correctly - for walking at least.
  • makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious! !!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    I assess the macro content of other people's grocery checkout line contents.

:slinking off:

This! I thought I was the only one!
  • lisamaucoin
    lisamaucoin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When you decide to walk an extra 8,000 steps to make up for the food you weren't supposed to eat.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    When you decide to walk an extra 8,000 steps to make up for the food you weren't supposed to eat.

Or you look at something tasty, and debate with yourself whether it's worth x,000 additional steps so that you can stay within your target.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    When the cashew nuts almost spill from the pouch and onto the ground and you CHASE it down and catch it for dear life because this is your snack for the entire rest of the day!
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    When there are "only" four restaurants you allow yourself to eat out at and you know the exact meal you can have and how many calories it contains. Then you log it as a meal......because you have it in your data bank as a meal :)

OMG... welcome to my life! That is so me that my daughter is concerned when we travel I just won't eat!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When you won't try someone else's food because you're too lazy to figure out how to track it.

And when you take a shower and then try... just for a second... to track it somewhere.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When you're craving something and look up calories from that dish at restaurants and decide to make it at home instead to save half the calories.

Or when you look up restaurant menus and everything is high calorie and you can't even pick anything that you want enough for it to be worth the calories and end up eating at home instead.

Story of my life nowadays. I miss eating out and just ordering whatever I feel like without worrying about calories.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When you're craving something and look up calories from that dish at restaurants and decide to make it at home instead to save half the calories.

Or when you look up restaurant menus and everything is high calorie and you can't even pick anything that you want enough for it to be worth the calories and end up eating at home instead.

Story of my life nowadays. I miss eating out and just ordering whatever I feel like without worrying about calories.

@Francl27 how about dividing a restaurant's portion, into more than just their 1 meal & consume the additional portions, as separate meals; until it's gone. So if a restaurant meal, is equivalent to my daily calorie allotment; it gets divided into 6 meals.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

@Francl27 how about dividing a restaurant's portion, into more than just their 1 meal & consume the additional portions, as separate meals; until it's gone. So if a restaurant meal, is equivalent to my daily calorie allotment; it gets divided into 6 meals.

Four bites per day until it's gone! :D
  • Projectjustme
    Projectjustme Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    When you are about to go to bed, but you notice one of your Fitbit friends has just passed you, so you pace about the house until you are tops of the leader board again.

^ my daughter and I got Fitbits for Christmas and now spend most of the evening doing sly walks up and down the stairs and in and out of the kitchen everytime one of us goes ahead of the other - husband and son think we've lost the plot
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When you have a rare cup of coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream, and, after logging it, seriously consider (almost) whether you should switch to it rather than your regular Bailey's Coffee Creamer because, even though it is 9 calories more, the macros are much, much, er, healthier.

wiy8wgmsbt56.jpg
  • Nova_88
    Nova_88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When you walk around the house with your laptop in the hands to make sure your Fitbit (that is on charge) continue to track your steps.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Nova_88 wrote: »
    When you walk around the house with your laptop in the hands to make sure your Fitbit (that is on charge) continue to track your steps.

OMG, this is awesome!