You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Replies

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    You become an expert at converting kilo-joules to calories from the nutritional information only using your head...

(YAY! First post on forums!)

You realise you've been using MFP for a while and you start contributing to the forums. :D
    You become addicted to the forums and check it while having your morning coffee
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    joinn68 wrote: »
    You become an expert at converting kilo-joules to calories from the nutritional information only using your head...

(YAY! First post on forums!)

You realise you've been using MFP for a while and you start contributing to the forums. :D
    You become addicted to the forums and check it while having your morning coffee

OMG! You're right on both points!

Mind you - a MFP addiction isn't a bad thing ☺

51038460.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,721 Member
    When you used to complain about how late the office christmas dinner started but when the reservation is made for earlier, you complain because you can barely get in any extra exercise before having to be there!
  • When no receipt, envelope, bill, or random scrap of paper or cardboard in the house is safe from becoming a potential logging spoty1lnbvhdaiwp.jpg

This so true!
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    You are compelled to come back and add the tums you just took.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    This is Fitbit related, but since I love seeing those calorie adjustments, I'm putting it here!

But when you have to make sure your Fitbit-wearing arm is free to swing as you walk - no carrying anything or pushing anything with that arm! Every step must count!
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2016
    You ask your partner what they've eaten during the day so you can mentally gauge if they need extra protein for dinner.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Asking your husband to weigh every single thing in the recipe he's making (the one time in 6 months he actually volunteers to cook something that takes more than 10 minutes).
  • KPC0629
    KPC0629 Posts: 39 Member
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

^^^^ so much this!!!!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    When you can quote a post from a few weeks' old thread. When you know the general position of a number of MFP members on a number of FAQs, and can refer to them by name
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    When you weigh something that you already divided up and weighed before freezing it.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    You look for the calorie content on the pack of washing powder (not my proudest moment lol)
  • pandyg180
    pandyg180 Posts: 25 Member
    When you charge your Fitbit before leaving for work bc you received an email that that the battery is low - thinking "I have to make sure its got enough juice for the day to log my steps", only to leave the house without it therefore seeing no calories earned on MFP. So heartbreaking lol!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    When I lick the yogurt off the pull off foil lid.

Those are my calories and if I have to log them...I'm going to eat every last one of them.

I do the same thing!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Anybody ever done this one? My old pedometer is out of commission / don't have a fitbit, so on day 1 of walking I took the car on that exact route to get my mileage... I began to go a bit further and I counted each step in my head! (hey 100 steps is 100 steps!) Now I'm mainly just timing it & not worried about distance. Kinda feel like I'm from the dark ages without all the awesome tools available, but it's still science! LOL

My husband runs and doesn't always trust his tracker. I can't tell you how many times I had to drive his run so he could figure out the correct mileage.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    You look up the fatty acids of coconut oil only to discover the 'magic' or unique qualities are about the same as other fatty products. Like, lard or butter.
  • bmwny1
    bmwny1 Posts: 22 Member
    When you're eating dinner and the biggest portion on your plate is green veggies bc MFP lets you eat a ton lol
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Dariasen wrote: »
    You have an internal temper tantrum when dinner plans change because you prelogged.

Oh my, I just did this tonight! This morning, I logged dinner, planning to eat leftovers.
    My wife decided to cook a new dish for tonight and I'm struggling with "but, I've already logged!"
    Must.get.a.life!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Soopatt wrote: »
    You get irrationally annoyed if someone steals a morsel off your plate or some of the grated cheese you have carefully set aside. I already weighed that!!!! It's MINE!!!!!

Me too! I.need.help!

• Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    flatlndr wrote: »
    Soopatt wrote: »
    You get irrationally annoyed if someone steals a morsel off your plate or some of the grated cheese you have carefully set aside. I already weighed that!!!! It's MINE!!!!!

Me too! I.need.help!

Ditto. My toddler likes to "share". Meaning that I end up giving her some of MY calories . . . and yes, I do resent it, until she gives me her very cheeky grin :smile: