2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eat less, move more
    ...THAT!!

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I told my boyfriend I wasn't sure if I could train and do a triathlon (he is a triathlete). He responded with a question. "What is the worst thing that can happen?"...Oh right, you will get into great shape along the way!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Don't major in the minors. Keep things simple so you don't get overwhelmed.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    "You can't cheat your body"

My this I mean that- just because you did'nt log that taste whilst cooking or slurp of beer etc. Doesn't mean that your body did'nt get the extra calories. Also, food isn't calorie -free just because you are celebrating. I have a freind who is always on a diet but makes excuses to eat high-calorie foods to excess e.g. we haven't met up in a whle, it's a 'cinema day', I've worked hard all week- I deserve it. Makes no difference to your body- it's still not magically calorie-free.

By all means indulge yourself- but don't kid yourself that it doesn't count.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Don't mistake "wanting" it for "working" it. Your dreams will only get you so far if you don't have a plan to achieve them.
  • ivarunsoncoffee
    ivarunsoncoffee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't make any diet/exercise changes you are not willing to maintain long term. So no crash dieting for me.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Take everything day-by-day. If you're feeling weak and wanting to reach for something that'll put you above your calorie goal, ask yourself if you can hold off just for today. If you look at is as 3 months, 6 months, a year, then it's too easy to get overwhelmed or say you'll get back on track tomorrow.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Can't out gym or exercise consistent poor eating choices.
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If you keep up with your recommended fiber and protein intake, you don't feel hungry.
  • BrieAbate
    BrieAbate Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothing to it but to do it

If you want it work for it

Excuses don't burn calories

Working out takes about an hour or so, right? So that's about 4% of your entire day. So just do it.

It's iokay to have a bad day but don't make it a bad month

Also you can take a look in the mirror and then remember that sad or happy feeling and use that to motivate you.

• JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Not inspirational-sounding, but:

(1) Buy a fitbit

(2) Weigh and track your food

(3) You never have to be hungry when you're losing weight

Edit to add: (4) Never rely on willpower, make sure you have other mechanisms to stay on track when you're sad, out of town, out with friends, tired, etc.
  • melissaRmennone
    melissaRmennone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I first started loosing weight I saw a quote on Pintrest that really helped me. It said...

One healthly meal wont make you skinny just like One bad meal wont make you fat.

Sounds simple but it really help keep eating healthy and when I had a bad eating day it helped me because I knew if I got back on track that one bad day wouldn't hurt.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Best ever - If you were driving along and got a flat, would you slash the other 3 tyres and walk back to where you came from? No, you'd change the tyre and keep going. Don't let a 'slip' be an excuse to give up.

I like that one a lot!
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Learn to love vegetables.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of the foods you love.
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Count calories. You can't out exercise your mouth...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For me, it was avoid trigger foods. Some foods made it very hard to control my eating. If I get and keep those foods out of my system I do much better.