Best tip ever?

Options

Replies

• SlimEsq
    SlimEsq Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't take yourself too seriously and get upset when you encounter a setback. Make up your mind and keep going.
  • Emj30135
    Emj30135 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! There are so many benefits! Clearer skin, Aids digestion, helps weight-loss by keeping you fuller......also, I know it's been said, but take it one day at a time. That really helps me. If you look at the big picture sometimes it will make you overwhelmed. So taking one day at a time helps and making mini goals instead of one huge goal!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You can have all the fruits and veggies you want. Knowing that - hanging onto it and taking advantage of it - got me through the my diet revamp.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Eat a portion now, Eat the rest later.

For someone who struggles to waste food, realizing that I can eat half a mac and cheese and save the rest for the next day or the next meal was liberating. It doesn't need to go in the bin, it just doesn't have to go into my mouth all in one sitting.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Make sure what you're currently doing is enjoyable and sustainable. If you cant see yourself doing this 5 years from now, you probably wont be able to keep the weight off
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Focus on your health, not your waistline.
  • mark6281991
    mark6281991 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Being successful in your health/fitness goals requires only 3 things, perseverance, consistency, and knowledge.
  • denorios
    denorios Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't expect to get quick results. You didn't put all that weight on in a week or a month or even a year, so don't expect to lose it that fast either.
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    nvsmomketo wrote: »
    For me, it was avoid trigger foods. Some foods made it very hard to control my eating. If I get and keep those foods out of my system I do much better.

This is so true. We talk a lot about "everything in moderation", but knowing yourself is so important. I don't have "forbidden foods", but I know that if I get started on chips and salsa I'm going to eat way more than I should just because I can. Know thyself :P
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Deficit.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Calories in/Calories out.

Patience - there are no quick fixes.
  • ATL_Geiger
    ATL_Geiger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Life is like a camera, FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives & if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Life is like a camera, FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives & if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!
    +1!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Love this one. I'm stealing it.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    haileycram wrote: »
    what is the best diet/weight loss tip you have ever gotten??

"Get off your *kitten*."

• Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Don't use food as treats. You're not a dog
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You either want it or you don't - the choice is yours.

No excuses. Just do it.

Lift heavy things.

Don't forget to LIVE.
  • Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you really want to lose weight, then you will! I also believe that nothing tastes as good, as being slim feels!

There is no better feeling, than slipping into skinny jeans with no muffin!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Do not compare yourself to others losing weight. You are unique and come with a unique set of circumstances.

You are only cheating yourself when you overindulge or eat "bad" stuff.