Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I got mine at 17 too, when I had a job so i could pay for it
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I got my first cell phone for my 13th Birthday. My sister and brother got one shortly after that, they are both younger. I remember my sister was around 10 when she got her and she thought she was wicked cool. It was annoying lol. But the reason I got one is because I was constantly on public transportation alone or with my younger brother and sister and both my parents worked so they wanted to make sure I could get in touch with them.
  • Sequoia_2
    Sequoia_2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was 37..I am now 48
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was 17 when I got my first phone, it was my BF's old one. I had to pay for my plan.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When I was 22 and working at my first "real" job after college. The phone was gigantic, and not the least bit smart.

I'm 34 now. I am very thankful that smart phones and social media didn't exist when i was in college. :))
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My first cell phone: I was 18, agreement was i had to buy my own phone and pay the bill.
    I'm currently 23 and have a better phone!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options

It's been annoying me ever since.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I was 25. I am now 30. And I honestly don't use my cell much. Except to play games when I'm waiting in line at the bank. HAH. And occasionally to text someone to arrange a date; "Meet at the park at 1?" "sure." That's my texts. Hahaha. Lame huh?

But honestly I hate, hate, hate typing on phones. Especially touch screen ones.
  • Byemma
    Byemma Posts: 55
    Options
    I got mine at 12. My sister had to commute to school (45 km) and my parents wanted her to have a cellphone. Since we're twins, we both got one. I didn't use it until I went to high school (I was 13 at that time), but even in the first 2 or 3 years of high school I didn't use it much.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    13. My freshman year of college.
    9/11 happened & I live in New York.

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    18 then.
    29 now.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    13. My freshman year of college.
    9/11 happened & I live in New York.

13 = your freshman year of college? Did I read that wrong?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I think I was 23 or 24 when I got my first cell. I'm 30
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I was 27 I believe and it was a large Qualcomm phone. They made you pay an extra dollar or so for the first minute of each call. It sucked, because there weren't actual package plans so you paid by the minute. Needless to say it was rarely used as there wasn't great service anywhere. It was for emergencies only. I am now 42.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg

My parents had that very phone. I remember how awesome I thought it was. :laugh:

My high school boyfriend had that phone... and misplaced it at a party :huh:
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm pretty old, does a pager count?

LOL yep, me too! The first device I had was a pager. I was 24 when I got my first real cell phone. It only had regional calling availability and ran on 4 AA batteries. The company no longer exists. I'm 36 now and have been with Verizon Wireless for 7.5 years, I don't know what number phone I'm on though, lol
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    21. I'm behind. ^^'
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    This is kinda pathetic, but 35. I got it because I was caring for my mother and she would panic if I was gone for too long.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    16, 22
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My first device was pager at 15. I got my first cell phone at 18 and it was a beast see the Zac Morris phone. Im now about to turn 35.