Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• christianlee100
    christianlee100 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    i want to be a nerd..

Well what's stopping you? :)

Okay! poofff!! Im a NERD :*@xkitxkatxkaix Can you mentor me??
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    wouldn't that kind of be picking on others too....
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI I walked into a book store that was having a magic the gathering event and I could smell it before I could see it.

Anyways, I remember when geeks and nerds weren't main stream, and I was mocked for my love of the Doctor. I guess I'm just jealous that kids these days can express their nerdiness without ridicule.

What does a magic the gathering event smell like?

So far from what I've gathered is moutain dew and subway. At least that's what the shop by me smells like mostly.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    kabobert wrote: »
    Ohmy you are all so fabtab.

*hair flip*
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Getting some funny looks from a few people because im wearing a chibi batman/chibi sailor moon crossover tshirt.... Loving it

My best friend got so mad at her sister because she almost used her Batman/Sailor Moon crossover shirt as her kids art smock for school. Dude... there are lines we just don't cross.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    wouldn't that kind of be picking on others too....

Fair point. But if someone's being a jerk to someone and you go "hey you're being a jerk" does that make you a jerk fore calling the dude a jerk? The world is a double edged sword my friend.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    apples and oranges my friend. The original example was geeks making fun of somebody for what they were wearing. I pointed out that is kind of picking on someone and that is what some have been complaining has happened to them. Then you say its like sticking up for someone that is being a jerk. That's being courageous and not really related. What I am talking about is hypocrisy. Like not issuing marriage licenses to people of different sexual preference stating its religious views yet you were married 4 times, had babies out of wedlock, and cheated. something to that nature
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Touche my friend. And you bare a good point actually. I respect that.
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 574 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Getting some funny looks from a few people because im wearing a chibi batman/chibi sailor moon crossover tshirt.... Loving it

Haha wear it with pride, I get the weirdest looks when I wear my Garfield "I'm only lazy when I'm awake" T-shirt, love it too. You can always tell who the cool people are when they smile at dorky T-Shirts. My 'Achievement Unlocked 100G - Got out of bed' seems to be much more popular :D
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Actually whilst we are on cool T-shirts, how about everyone posts up a picture of their favourite geeky clothing?
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    9fji2nhdnrwm.jpg

Super old one but a serious favorite! ^_^ Also back to when I was a copper-top! LOL
    me.jpg 78.2K
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Come to think of it this was my very first Comic Con! Awwwwee! <3 Good times, good times.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    wdrktnjd9ond.jpg

This one was cute and all... BUT LOOK AT THAT HICCUP Y'ALL!!! Favorite part of Madison Con. Hands. Down!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have any pictures of my nerdy T-shirts, but since I just got back from con this weekend, here's a picture of me and my brother as Sylveon and Umbreon!
    lf296modl8qt.jpg
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Awww, you're so cute! ^_^
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I'm a programmer and avid video game & comic book enthusiast. Do I belong?
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Options
    (Violently blows door off with tea pot cannon) Did somebody say steampunk!?!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options

Steampunk is awesome. I'm actually retrofitting a nerf gun as a steampunk gun for this Halloween.
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Options

Steampunk is awesome. I'm actually retrofitting a nerf gun as a steampunk gun for this Halloween.

Awesome what's the costume

I might actually make a teapot cannon
  • Jonny15121983
    edited September 2015
    Options
    1fl8fvw58c4u.jpg

That one was a bit dark on the PC so;

4cssldvvsko4.jpg