Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I did some stargazing tonight and took these pics using my telescope.

pwyltkrbu4sc.jpg

8wtxz6jq924x.jpg

<3<3<3

:)
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    9414_render_soul_calibur_4_taki_a.png
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    edited July 2015
    Options
    can you take pictures of constellations close up?

It's on my to do list... i started with the moon, then did planets (Venus, Juipter and its moons, Saturn...one day I'll get Mars), now I want to try some deep space stuff...I want to try to take a pic of M13 aka " the great globular cluster" located in Hercules... not sure if I can track it long enough though to get a pic. (over 30 seconds and i cant do it without buying more equipment.)

• Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    can you take pictures of constellations close up?

It's on my to do list... i started with the moon, then did planets (Venus, Juipter and its moons, Saturn...one day I'll get Mars), now I want to try some deep space stuff...I want to try to take a pic of M13 aka " the great globular cluster" located in Hercules... not sure if I can track it long enough though to get a pic. (over 30 seconds and i cant do it without buying more equipment.)

do you have instagram with your pics?

My food pics, yes. lol I dont have a space one though. Ive been thinking about it.
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    Just got back from a convention this past weekend. :) where I watched Elijah Wood (Frodo) DJ and Prozzak play live. If you're not from Canada you might not know who they are lol they had a big hit in the 90s called Sucks to be you.

oh yeah..I cosplayed :P Cosplay is Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate and on Sunday I wore Lolita fashion :)
    11743001_10152959163455286_1451023354131778964_n.jpg?oh=3792b6997f7870b6767eceff65689bce&oe=565BCE9A

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Hah, you might run into me if you ever go to ones in Ohio. I just went to my first one in June. My brother and I also recently ordered better sub zero and scorpion outfits, our art skills are meh lol :P

colossalcon_2015___scorpion_and_sub_zero_by_videogamestupid-d8yw9qy.jpg

Nice work!
    Unfortunately I'm bound to Canada for my cons atm. Costly travelling. hopefully in the near future I'll finally be able to hit up a few American conventions.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a convention this past weekend. :) where I watched Elijah Wood (Frodo) DJ and Prozzak play live. If you're not from Canada you might not know who they are lol they had a big hit in the 90s called Sucks to be you.

oh yeah..I cosplayed :P Cosplay is Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate and on Sunday I wore Lolita fashion :)
    11743001_10152959163455286_1451023354131778964_n.jpg?oh=3792b6997f7870b6767eceff65689bce&oe=565BCE9A

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Hah, you might run into me if you ever go to ones in Ohio. I just went to my first one in June. My brother and I also recently ordered better sub zero and scorpion outfits, our art skills are meh lol :P

Nice work!
    Unfortunately I'm bound to Canada for my cons atm. Costly travelling. hopefully in the near future I'll finally be able to hit up a few American conventions.

Denver has a lot of awesome conventions...just saying...
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Nice work!

Ohio has the only water park themed convention i think
  • PixieGoddess
    Options

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Nice work!

Ooooh yeah, ColossalCon! I wanna gooooooooo!!!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    random, but-

anyone here use linux or otherwise open source friendly?

Sorry, I am on a MS platform/.net platform we looked at RedHat put it would not play nicely with our mandated EHRs.
  • Tialuna18
    Options

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Nice work!

Ooooh yeah, ColossalCon! I wanna gooooooooo!!!

ColossalCon and Katsu are my dream cons..Gazebo senpai pls notice me T_T
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Alright my beauties, new question for today mostly because it's only come to my attention that this was actually a thing.

Deadpool. Comedic relief or obnoxious *kitten*? Love him or hate him? Let's here it!

01rhxr1n6gph.jpeg

• Tialuna18
    Options
    Might be in trouble for this but...the one type of nerd culture I was never able to get into was comic book universes. :S
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Don't even worry about it dollface. I've only started getting into it over the recent years so you're all good. :)
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Love the Deadpool character, hate most of the Deadpool cosplayers - THEY are just obnoxious! (Not all, but most)