Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love Japanese culture. I just moved from Japan about a month ago. I spent 3 years there, and loved every second.

I just went to Honolulu Comic-Con this last weekend, where I dressed up as Capt Jack from Dr. Who.
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I started watching Magi: Labrynth of Magic this past weekend. Its amazing!!!
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    Colossalcon was my first con (besides this one in detroit i went to when i was 12). going to Matsuricon in August. @Tialuna18 @PixieGoddess

HOW WAS IT? DO THE VIDEOS DO IT JUSTICE? T_T
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    Colossalcon was my first con (besides this one in detroit i went to when i was 12). going to Matsuricon in August. @Tialuna18 @PixieGoddess

HOW WAS IT? DO THE VIDEOS DO IT JUSTICE? T_T

@Tialuna18 YES!!! I have to admit though: The water park part isnt as cool as it seems. The people that take videos/photoshoots in the water park are kinda mehhh. Like, the outside part of it was crowded with just them, so it was kinda weird being the few not doing a shoot.

<--- where my picture is taken is right outside the convention center, and that's where a lot of people had fun and took pictures (equal balance of the two).
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    chaniluv wrote: »
    OMG, that is my life right now! (Taking programming classes)
    You are not alone! I'm self-taught up to this point, hoping to start official classes next spring, though!

I programmed...
    long long ago; /* in a galaxy far far away */

• Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 574 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bit of a Sci-fi/Fantasy nerd when it comes to books, I absolutely love geeking out gaming, couldn't imagine life without it and there is nothing better than dorking out with a good science article. With Creep by Radiohead being one of my all time favourite songs, I have sung about myself being a freak hundreds of times lol

Loving what I've seen in this thread already, hope you all don't mind if I put my feet up and stay a while :)
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ohi
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    My brother and I decided this is our next convention cosplay

monarch00.jpg
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    Bit of a Sci-fi/Fantasy nerd when it comes to books, I absolutely love geeking out gaming, couldn't imagine life without it and there is nothing better than dorking out with a good science article. With Creep by Radiohead being one of my all time favourite songs, I have sung about myself being a freak hundreds of times lol

Loving what I've seen in this thread already, hope you all don't mind if I put my feet up and stay a while :)

Welcome

This is the best thread on MFP, after all
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Thanks mate :)

As soon as I saw the title I was 'Oooh I wanna go in there.' I've never done cosplay myself but always loved checking out the amazing things people come up with. You and your brother look awesome, the Pikachu Star Wars girl looks absolutely adorable and there was another girl a few pages back who had absolutely amazing costumes.

Totally something I would love to try someday!
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    Lol I'm sure theres one around you somewhere!!
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    Btw... What is a dweeb?
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My brother and I decided this is our next convention cosplay

monarch00.jpg
    You shall win the Con, if you pull it off.
  • Ms_Sicilian
    Ms_Sicilian Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would soo do the monarch and his wife as a couple cosplay...now I just need a BF to do this with
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Btw... What is a dweeb?

It is a derogatory term for someone who is smart yet socially inept. Over here it also carries connotations of physical weakness.
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    How are my fellow geeks doing today?
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    These are going to be more series than books but: The Lost Fleet, Star Force and Enders Game <3.

Yours?
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Wait!!! Can't believe I forgot 'The Martian', I'll trade out Star Force for that :P