Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there. The funny thing is I had never heard of Deadpool before I went to comic con and saw about 20 of them. But I gotta agree, the actual Deadpool is waaaaaaaay cooler.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I have grown to like Deadpool. It took awhile for me to like the humor side of him. However his overuse is beginning grate on me. Much like Wolverine
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    No comic books for me, and I've never done cosplay. But I love LotR, D&D, Doctor Who, Buffy, Firefly, Catan, and SO many books (mostly epic fantasy, but I like a good sci-fi every now and then). I also geek out hard on all things Disney and play the occasional video game. Do I qualify?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqtaxk0f5B1scyk5ho1_400.jpg
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    kaniob wrote: »
    No comic books for me, and I've never done cosplay. But I love LotR, D&D, Doctor Who, Buffy, Firefly, Catan, and SO many books (mostly epic fantasy, but I like a good sci-fi every now and then). I also geek out hard on all things Disney and play the occasional video game. Do I qualify?

yes. :)

so much love for fellow girl D&D players <3

<3 !
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    can you take pictures of constellations close up?

It's on my to do list... i started with the moon, then did planets (Venus, Juipter and its moons, Saturn...one day I'll get Mars), now I want to try some deep space stuff...I want to try to take a pic of M13 aka " the great globular cluster" located in Hercules... not sure if I can track it long enough though to get a pic. (over 30 seconds and i cant do it without buying more equipment.)

@Jersey__Devil what scope have you got?
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    out of all of them deadpool makes me Smile. theres a deadpool cosplayer who dances around at cons and posts vids on youtube :D
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I think Deadpool got his costume idea from Strong Bad, , , just saying.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Alright folks, it's Monday morning and it's time for a new topic so here we go!
    What is one thing you get super nerdy about?
    For me whenever I hear about a time in history where it was really dark and scary I start researching the crap out of it. Especially when it involves royalty.
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Egypt nerd, especially between 2000BCE-1000BCE (middle kingdom, second intermediate period, new kingdom). But hey, all of Egypt's ancient history is fascinating to me. I am so full of trivia about it that it's obnoxious. ...Honestly, I try not to get talking about it in front of people who aren't my husband since I'm at a high risk of droning on, lol.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I'm a huge Egypt nerd, especially between 2000BCE-1000BCE (middle kingdom, second intermediate period, new kingdom). But hey, all of Egypt's ancient history is fascinating to me. I am so full of trivia about it that it's obnoxious. ...Honestly, I try not to get talking about it in front of people who aren't my husband since I'm at a high risk of droning on, lol.

Hey it's better than me, I'm full of "hey guess how many people this king killed on a stick!?" .... at least yours has some appeal. LOL I used to be super into Egypt when I was little, Discovery channel was the ish for me.
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    8iggrtx8oj45.jpg

Pickachu and Star Wars!!!
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ... at least yours has some appeal.

That depends on who you ask. A lot of people could care less, but I like it so I drown myself in it. And I promise you, you are not alone in your interest in dark, depraved monarchs. :)
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lol

1016a.jpg

Hell the hell did I miss this, (thought) I had every Vertigo title connected to the Sandman universe; Know what I'm buying online in a few minutes.

ETA:No wonder, it is Fan fiction concept artwork-http://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/sandman-vs-freddie-krueger.html

I haz a sad, the emo comment with the cover price made it suspect. Also can't see Neil Gaiman going for it.

My contribution...

vtf2pN5.jpg

• xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    8iggrtx8oj45.jpg

Pickachu and Star Wars!!!

You are adorable!!!!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    ... at least yours has some appeal.

That depends on who you ask. A lot of people could care less, but I like it so I drown myself in it. And I promise you, you are not alone in your interest in dark, depraved monarchs. :)

Yaaayy! I have two books on them already. Hopefully I can find more. :3
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Colossalcon was my first con (besides this one in detroit i went to when i was 12). going to Matsuricon in August. @Tialuna18 @PixieGoddess
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! :D

I like anime/manga (especially Sailormoon <3), ATLA, LOK, Harry Potter, Star Wars, LOTR I played D&D years ago and I like playing games ^^ One of my favorites is Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Oh and I am a huge fan of arcade halls in Japan, DDR is my favorite :)

Oh and I study Japanese in university and I will be studying for a year in Japan starting this september, I'm really excited!! I have been in Japan for three months last year and it was a great experience so I can't wait to discover more!