Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I did some stargazing tonight and took these pics using my telescope.

pwyltkrbu4sc.jpg

8wtxz6jq924x.jpg

<3<3<3

:)
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    9414_render_soul_calibur_4_taki_a.png
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    edited July 2015
    Options
    can you take pictures of constellations close up?

It's on my to do list... i started with the moon, then did planets (Venus, Juipter and its moons, Saturn...one day I'll get Mars), now I want to try some deep space stuff...I want to try to take a pic of M13 aka " the great globular cluster" located in Hercules... not sure if I can track it long enough though to get a pic. (over 30 seconds and i cant do it without buying more equipment.)

• Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    can you take pictures of constellations close up?

It's on my to do list... i started with the moon, then did planets (Venus, Juipter and its moons, Saturn...one day I'll get Mars), now I want to try some deep space stuff...I want to try to take a pic of M13 aka " the great globular cluster" located in Hercules... not sure if I can track it long enough though to get a pic. (over 30 seconds and i cant do it without buying more equipment.)

do you have instagram with your pics?

My food pics, yes. lol I dont have a space one though. Ive been thinking about it.
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    Just got back from a convention this past weekend. :) where I watched Elijah Wood (Frodo) DJ and Prozzak play live. If you're not from Canada you might not know who they are lol they had a big hit in the 90s called Sucks to be you.

oh yeah..I cosplayed :P Cosplay is Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate and on Sunday I wore Lolita fashion :)
    11743001_10152959163455286_1451023354131778964_n.jpg?oh=3792b6997f7870b6767eceff65689bce&oe=565BCE9A

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Hah, you might run into me if you ever go to ones in Ohio. I just went to my first one in June. My brother and I also recently ordered better sub zero and scorpion outfits, our art skills are meh lol :P

colossalcon_2015___scorpion_and_sub_zero_by_videogamestupid-d8yw9qy.jpg

Nice work!
    Unfortunately I'm bound to Canada for my cons atm. Costly travelling. hopefully in the near future I'll finally be able to hit up a few American conventions.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a convention this past weekend. :) where I watched Elijah Wood (Frodo) DJ and Prozzak play live. If you're not from Canada you might not know who they are lol they had a big hit in the 90s called Sucks to be you.

oh yeah..I cosplayed :P Cosplay is Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate and on Sunday I wore Lolita fashion :)
    11743001_10152959163455286_1451023354131778964_n.jpg?oh=3792b6997f7870b6767eceff65689bce&oe=565BCE9A

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Hah, you might run into me if you ever go to ones in Ohio. I just went to my first one in June. My brother and I also recently ordered better sub zero and scorpion outfits, our art skills are meh lol :P

Nice work!
    Unfortunately I'm bound to Canada for my cons atm. Costly travelling. hopefully in the near future I'll finally be able to hit up a few American conventions.

Denver has a lot of awesome conventions...just saying...
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Nice work!

Ohio has the only water park themed convention i think
  • PixieGoddess
    Options

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Nice work!

Ooooh yeah, ColossalCon! I wanna gooooooooo!!!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    random, but-

anyone here use linux or otherwise open source friendly?

Sorry, I am on a MS platform/.net platform we looked at RedHat put it would not play nicely with our mandated EHRs.
  • Tialuna18
    Options

gQ1KMlE.jpg

Nice work!

Ooooh yeah, ColossalCon! I wanna gooooooooo!!!

ColossalCon and Katsu are my dream cons..Gazebo senpai pls notice me T_T
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Alright my beauties, new question for today mostly because it's only come to my attention that this was actually a thing.

Deadpool. Comedic relief or obnoxious *kitten*? Love him or hate him? Let's here it!

01rhxr1n6gph.jpeg

• Tialuna18
    Options
    Might be in trouble for this but...the one type of nerd culture I was never able to get into was comic book universes. :S
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Don't even worry about it dollface. I've only started getting into it over the recent years so you're all good. :)
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Love the Deadpool character, hate most of the Deadpool cosplayers - THEY are just obnoxious! (Not all, but most)