Options

Replies

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I said no to chips and dip!
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Cupcakes, but, only because I don't like cake. Wish they'd had some brownies. That I would have eaten.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I said no to lots of fatty, sugary things today without really thinking about it. 40 days in I'm starting to figure this lifestyle change out.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The dessert table when I was at a buffet.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    DQ Dilly Bars. We had an "ice cream social" at work and I didn't partake.
  • ellerist
    ellerist Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I said no to the pumpkin spice M&Ms at Target today. I spent an inordinate amount of time standing in front of it trying to decide. It was one of those Halloween candy packs. I knew I would be in trouble if I brought it home so it was safer to just not go there. I wish they had the mini one serving pack as I would have loved to try them.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I said no to cheese so that I could have herb and cheese bread at Subway.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I said, "No, I'm not driving to work today" and I opened my laptop, sat on my couch, and worked.

Food and nutrition? I said yes to everything. I don't believe in "no" when it comes to food. That's what most peoples problem is. People think dieting, or "eating right" is something different than what they do today, when all it really is is reducing the amounts. Most people don't have to change what they eat all that much. They have to change how much of it they have become accustomed to eating, which is usually ridiculously too much.

this, exactly. I didn't say no to any food today. Instead, whatever food I wanted to eat, I weighed and counted in my daily calorie count. Making it fit into my day means I can eat what I like.

So you said no to having too much of one kind of food. And you said no to eating over your calorie goals.

This thread isn't about people giving it up forever, it's just about what smart decision did you make for your plan today.

Example, I was splitting a 12" sub with a friend and she wanted herb and cheese bread and I would usually have whole wheat. But I'd also requested the roasted chicken instead of the chicken ranch so she should get to pick something! Hence I compensated by not having cheese on my half today to balance it out a bit calorie wise. Doesn't mean I'm never eating cheese again..
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    The ladies in my office ordered take out from one of my favorite places. I declined and ate what I brought with me.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    The liquor store. I had a craving yesterday for White Russians, a drink I haven't had in years and years. It's going to have to wait until New Years, then I'll have one. Or two. Or...depends on if I have a driver!
    Cookies and Cream Little Debbie snack cakes.
    All the Halloween candy (I was in that aisle looking for a type my kid wants two days in a row, he owes me!)
    Riding my bike when I know I need a rest day (that's a pleasant change from I don't wanna exercise!)

• TracyinPA
    TracyinPA Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I said "No" to all the desserts in the cafeteria at work!!!!
  • nd1004
    nd1004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I said no to wine. :neutral:
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    I screamed "NO" at my 3DS because the software update made it excruciatingly slow.
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    TracyinNJ wrote: »
    I said "No" to all the desserts in the cafeteria at work!!!!

I did the same thing! A different department finished a meeting with plenty of leftovers, including a tray of pastries. I said yes to a modest portion of the beet and goat cheese salad, yes to fruit salad, and yes to half a turkey cranberry sandwich (despite there being plenty of chicken and bacon sandwiches left), but I said a definite "NO" to the sweet breads, which are usually my kryptonite!

Cheers to you!
  • ginnykallay
    ginnykallay Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Office breakfast potluck - pastries, bagels, cakes, etc. I contributed hard boiled eggs and cheese sticks. They were gone in a heartbeat!
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I was asked if i had exact change at the grocery store. ..of course not!!! You know how rare that is????
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Today I said NO to breakfast. And ate cookies. Ok, not the BEST choice, but calorie wise, still within my breakfast calories. Hey, you gotta have cookie breakfast once in a while.
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I said no to limited edition pumpkin spice Pop-Tarts.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    I said no to limited edition pumpkin spice Pop-Tarts.

Good job! I usually think those things are going to be awesome, and instead are all chemical tasting and they leave a film in my mouth. Gah. Save yourself, lauraleefaith! Oh, you already did!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    i said no to the extra pancakes with butter and syrup :s