Fashion Peeves and Faux Paux, What's yours?

Options

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Oh gawd, I can picture somebody who can't rock this yet doesn't know better, creating a two-tiered muffin top...

2 tiered muffin top? Why not just coin a new term. Call it the "layer cake" lol
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Peplum done wrong...

2v2ijvt.jpg
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I dont see too much of this here in Boston, but I see it when I travel and it's god awful. Bedazzled jeans. Ugh.

bedazzled.jpg
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I secretly love Bedazzled jeans in all of their shining tackiness.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I secretly love Bedazzled jeans in all of their shining tackiness.

At least you're not in denial...
  • Mskina2
    Mskina2 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hmmm... Where to begin? I live in NYC so I've seen pretty my every major no-no possible. But these are by far the most irritating:

Girls wearing jeans that are entirely too small to where all the back fat is spilling over
    Men wearing open toe sandals with crusty, flaky feet
    Crocs anywhere outside the kitchen or hospital
    Girls who wear weave and have their tracks showing (tacky)
    Men walking up the stairs in front of me with their pants sagging so that their *kitten* is in my face (unpleasant)
    Using the word "conversate"
    Wearing shoes so tight that your baby toes are squeezing out the side
    Sheer legging with no shirt covering so ppl have the pleasure of seeing ur panties
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Matter of fact, if you KNOW your legs have a little extra love on them...PLEASE don't wear short shorts/skirts. It's tacky and nobody wants to see your jiggly bits. I'm not body shaming, just...please dress according to your body type. I have cellulite-y, stretch mark-y thighs and I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of shorts for the world to see it. Y'know?

Same goes for women with very large arm fat in tank tops. I'm talking wings. If you're in exercise clothes, sure, we know you're trying to lose it...but good god, if you think you're stylin it up, you're dead wrong.

Look. Many, many people (including ME and YOU) have jiggly thighs AND arms. I am not so ashamed of mine that I will not wear the host of things that you say I should not. I refuse to live in shirts with sleeves, pants, and capris because I may offend the world with my less than perfect body. News flash: Most women have cellulite and stretch marks, and they don't go away with weight loss.

I'm going to rock my shorts because my outer thighs and gams are ah-mazing. Could my inners use some work? Sure. Also, I have a bit of chub under my arms, but my shoulders are sculpted. Tanks tops all freakin summer!!!

Build a bridge and get over it. You're only 22. You don't deserve to be stuck in pants forever.
    I live in the south. You don't have to preach at me.

I'm talking REALLY mini stuff. Stuff that SHOULD NOT be worn for your body type. I'm not saying everyone should ever cover all that looks what isn't considered "perfect." Even some athletic women have cellulite they'll probably never get rid of. YOU KNOW what I'm talking about. If it looks like your butt is eating your shorts, COVER IT UP. There are some tasteful clothes out there without sacrificing yourself to be overheated...yeah, that means shorts/tops, too.

Let's all put our butthurt away. Wear what you want, but I'd rather not embarrass myself by wearing what I mentioned.

Lol! I'm not butthurt. I feel sorry for you that you feel so embarassed by your "extra love" that you won't wear shorts. And annoyed by you for putting your harsh judgement of yourself out there on other people.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I dont see too much of this here in Boston, but I see it when I travel and it's god awful. Bedazzled jeans. Ugh.

bedazzled.jpg

I can't help but think of the bedazzled jeans snagging fabrics or poking holes in the leather seats in my car.

I think dudes that wear Ed Hardy tee shirts with bedazzled dragons instantly come across as douche canoes.
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love leggings, but not without a long shirt/tunic/sweater dress to cover the *kitten*. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. If you're fully clothed and I can see the outline of your vagina, something is wrong.

Twisted bra straps.

Socks with sandals.

Too tight underwear under a clingy dress.

Boobs out at work. Save them for the bar. Or better yet, your husband.

My thoughts *exactly*!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Really low V necks on doods.
    Almost anything 'hipster' from Austin. ommggg its getting out of hand.

For me. I don't brush my hair and I pretty much wear the same pair of short shorts every day. IDGAF. My husband says I look like a kid. Hahaha, so does my MIL and GMIL. Whooops, prolly doesn't help that I haven't plucked my eye brows in a good month or two. :X
  • MaepleT95
    MaepleT95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Uggs, are well, UGGLY!! Crocs are hideous, and skinny jeans are awful, because most people wear them skin tight, I always get my jeans a size or two big. I like leggings but I always either wear short shorts over them or a skirt or a really long shirt and I wear knee high converse with them or boots, never anything like flip flops or heels, that's just weird. Oh yeah, wearing pajamas around like it's nothing and wearing socks in sandals.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Visible panty lines in a dress..
    Muffin Tops
    wearing clothes that are 5 sizes too small..
    shoes that just look painful

:)
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Crocs. Enough said.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The only thinks that make me flinch when I see them:

Men with a deep V, I can't get my head around it :noway: If I see a deep V I''m expecting curves not chest hair

Second, people who dress (or allow) their little girls to wear obscene tops...I admit I am judging here, but why would you let your seven year old daughter wear a top that says 'still a virgin'?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

bedazzled.jpg

I can't help but think of the bedazzled jeans snagging fabrics or poking holes in the leather seats in my car.

I think dudes that wear Ed Hardy tee shirts with bedazzled dragons instantly come across as douche canoes.

I have three pairs of those jeans and absolutely LOVE them. They make my *kitten* look fantastic and I always get compliments on them.

Oh, and thanks for thinking my husband is a "douche canoe". While he doesn't wear Ed Hardy he has a closet full of button down shirts that are "bedazzled". They look awesome on him and gets compliments on how awesome they are all the time. I suppose the next thing that would be on your list are cuff links and bright colored shirts?

It must be awesome to sit in your Ivory Tower and judge people you don't know based on their clothing. :flowerforyou:
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options

bedazzled.jpg

The jeans don't bother me so much as the butt-mannequins they have in the store to display them. Those just freak me out.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

bedazzled.jpg

I have three pairs of those jeans and absolutely LOVE them. They make my *kitten* look fantastic and I always get compliments on them.

Oh, and thanks for thinking my husband is a "douche canoe". While he doesn't wear Ed Hardy he has a closet full of button down shirts that are "bedazzled". They look awesome on him and gets compliments on how awesome they are all the time. I suppose the next thing that would be on your list are cuff links and bright colored shirts?

It must be awesome to sit in your Ivory Tower and judge people you don't know based on their clothing. :flowerforyou:

Wow. The thread says Fashion Peeves, right? I'm just adding to the thread. Clearly, you took my statement personally, stretched what I said and applied it to your husband. (I said nothing about dress shirts) Whatever. If you don't like it, why don't you report me? You're probably already familiar with how to do that. I'm not a troll. I just don't like twinkly bedazzled dragons on overpriced tee-shirts at $80-120 a shirt. It's not my thing. But if having an opinion that differs from your own offends you... report me. I dare you.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options

bedazzled.jpg

Wow. The thread says Fashion Peeves, right? I'm just adding to the thread. Clearly, you took my statement personally, stretched what I said and applied it to your husband. (I said nothing about dress shirts) Whatever. If you don't like it, why don't you report me? You're probably already familiar with how to do that. I'm not a troll. I just don't like twinkly bedazzled dragons on overpriced tee-shirts at $80-120 a shirt. It's not my thing. But if having an opinion that differs from your own offends you... report me. I dare you.

How DARE you have your own opinion about Fashion Peeves?! Or anything else for that matter! :heart:
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Anything that shows boobs or *kitten* in public (sagging pants, ill-fitting tops that allow boobage to spill out or threaten to spill out, shorts/skirts that would show hoo-ha if the person bends over or sits down, etc.).

Pajamas and/or slippers in public. Get dressed before you go out for goodness sake.

Dirty clothing, with stains. In public.

Strapless tops with bras that aren't. If you can't find a strapless bra that fits you, don't wear tops that show the straps.

Shorts that have the pockets hanging out the front.

Any pants/shorts with writing across the butt. Especially for preteen/teen girls.

I once saw a man at a flea market (talk about a treasure trove of fashion DON'Ts) who was shirtless and somehow had a pack of cigarrettes stuck to his bare chest. Disgusting and fascinating at the same time--HOW?!?!?!? Still have not figured that one out. I didn't have the courage to ask.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

I gotta tell ya, up here in *this* ivory tower, we have artisanal crackers and brie. Life is sweet.

Edited to add: Your *kitten* probably still looks fantastic in jeans that aren't hideous. #JustSayin