Fashion Peeves and Faux Paux, What's yours?

Options

Replies

• MRL1107
    MRL1107 Posts: 74
    Options
    I HATE, HATE, HATE with a passion the ridiculously short-shorts that are being sold to our young girls these days. What's the deal with trying to sex up our young girls? Let kids be kids and teach them that modesty in the clothing department isn't always a bad thing. There is a time and a place for showing skin and honestly these days I think we give younger generations a very bad example for modesty. pre-teens shouldn't have a world that revolves around being sexy.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Certain people can make certain things work...

Trent Reznor makes leather trousers okay...

Mike Patton makes white suits okay...and anything crazy really....

Leggins with short tops are never okay...

I hate those rosary beads folk wear as chains

I don't like men who wear pointy shoes that make them look like Krusty the clown

I hate Bono's sunglasses

Have you *seen* me in leggings? Yowzaaaaaaaaaaaa :drinker:

Heh heh, okay I'm open to change that to usually ;)

There's a lot of 2's and 3's out there trying to pull it off, I gather...
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I HATE, HATE, HATE with a passion the ridiculously short-shorts that are being sold to our young girls these days. What's the deal with trying to sex up our young girls? Let kids be kids and teach them that modesty in the clothing department isn't always a bad thing. There is a time and a place for showing skin and honestly these days I think we give younger generations a very bad example for modesty. pre-teens shouldn't have a world that revolves around being sexy.

I don't think kids need to look dowdy or anything, but I was going through airport security near this family with 2 pre teen daughters. The shorts they were wearing made me feel VERY uncomfortable. So much skin, it felt awkward

There's a reason the models on the abercrombie kids site don't look anything like children...
  • ECos81
    ECos81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Socks and sandals - NEVER!!!

I also can't get down with the varisty jacket trend.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how it's okay for so many people on here to make comments on a female's promiscuity based on the way she dresses. :ohwell:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Anything Don Cherry wears.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

Sorry but maxi dresses and mumu's are two different animals. I have a tall, thin friend who wears maxi dresses, looks fabulous and it in no way resembles a mumu

I have certain tops that look awesome with leggings and boots.

I have my belly pierced, wear midriff bearing tops and low rise jeans. I have an awesome body and I am 38. If you can pull it off then do it (I will never give up my low rise jeans. I am short waisted and anything with a high waist band makes me look like I'm about 82 with my pants pulled up to my boobs!)

Now, to address the actual post:

Not a fan of uggs in an way, shape or form. Crocs are ridiculous and guys should never wear skinny jeans or capri's.

Lol...I didnt realize it was still 1999
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I'm not sure how it's okay for so many people on here to make comments on a female's promiscuity based on the way she dresses. :ohwell:

I didnt see anyone commenting on anyone's promiscuity...
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm really pretty chill when it comes to fashion. If you have the confidence to wear it out there, more power to you.

But socks and sandals will always catch my attention... in a bad way.

This is pretty much me. It's not really my business what people wear... if they like it, then whatever.

However, socks and sandals are not partners. My husband, bless his heart, wears socks and sandals together quite often. I think though that if that's one of his only faults, we're doing okay.

Also, guys should never wear skinny jeans. Ever.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I suppose you missed the "walk of shame" and "s***ty" comments then
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Matter of fact, if you KNOW your legs have a little extra love on them...PLEASE don't wear short shorts/skirts. It's tacky and nobody wants to see your jiggly bits. I'm not body shaming, just...please dress according to your body type. I have cellulite-y, stretch mark-y thighs and I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of shorts for the world to see it. Y'know?

Same goes for women with very large arm fat in tank tops. I'm talking wings. If you're in exercise clothes, sure, we know you're trying to lose it...but good god, if you think you're stylin it up, you're dead wrong.

Look. Many, many people (including ME and YOU) have jiggly thighs AND arms. I am not so ashamed of mine that I will not wear the host of things that you say I should not. I refuse to live in shirts with sleeves, pants, and capris because I may offend the world with my less than perfect body. News flash: Most women have cellulite and stretch marks, and they don't go away with weight loss.

I'm going to rock my shorts because my outer thighs and gams are ah-mazing. Could my inners use some work? Sure. Also, I have a bit of chub under my arms, but my shoulders are sculpted. Tanks tops all freakin summer!!!

Build a bridge and get over it. You're only 22. You don't deserve to be stuck in pants forever.

^^^^ Ditto!

I live in the humid south, I'm sorry if you don't like my stretch marks or bat wings/bingo arms but I'm not going to cover everything up and die from the heat so not to offend someone.

I live in the south. You don't have to preach at me.

I'm talking REALLY mini stuff. Stuff that SHOULD NOT be worn for your body type. I'm not saying everyone should ever cover all that looks what isn't considered "perfect." Even some athletic women have cellulite they'll probably never get rid of. YOU KNOW what I'm talking about. If it looks like your butt is eating your shorts, COVER IT UP. There are some tasteful clothes out there without sacrificing yourself to be overheated...yeah, that means shorts/tops, too.

Let's all put our butthurt away. Wear what you want, but I'd rather not embarrass myself by wearing what I mentioned.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Ummm, my walk of shame comment had nothing to do with promiscuity. It had to do with looking disheveled and sloppy...like one would look going home the next morning.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

I didn't take the "walk of shame" comment that way. I thought she just meant sloppy and half dressed. Also didnt see "slutty" anywhere. Can you find it and quote it?
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    This topic is SOOOO right on time! True story: I was just ranting this morning about saggin'!!! I'm now fashionista but I do know that fashion trends come and go. However, WHEN OH WHEN will saggin' go the way of the dinosaur?! It's been more than 20 years people, time to move on!!! AAARRRRRRRGHHHH!
    I'm also not a fan of the T-shirts that are so long that they look like dresses on dudes, but at least it can hide the sag.

Oh wait a minute.... This pic explains them both!
    ab49f3a5bbcc230687df353229b91c9c_view.jpg
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Slippers or printed pajamas in public. I don't go to the mall often, but when I do, some girl is wearing ridiculous Mickey Mouse slippers and Hello Kitty printed flannel pajamas.

Crocs, however comfy they may be.

Ridiculously high heels or stilettos because I know the pain that your feet are in, and it's not okay. Your vanity will physically deform your feet, it happened to my mom, and it will probably happen to you. I refuse to wear heels nowadays, I only rock wedge heels, even if they are slightly less visually appealing.

Bubble dresses, 'bubble' anything.

Remember scrubs? Blech!
  • whitneysin
    Options
    For those of you commenting on undies peeking out of jeans...why not just combine the jeans and the undies into one?
    loool

2nhf4pf.jpg
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    Slippers or printed pajamas in public. I don't go to the mall often, but when I do, some girl is wearing ridiculous Mickey Mouse slippers and Hello Kitty printed flannel pajamas.

Ridiculously high heels or stilettos because I know the pain that your feet are in, and it's not okay. Your vanity will physically deform your feet, it happened to my mom, and it will probably happen to you. I refuse to wear heels nowadays, I only rock wedge heels, even if they are slightly less visually appealing.

Remember scrubs? Blech!

I generally agree on bubble dresses, but I bought this one and actually really like it

206cb2a1e2d8964ca042ebdd23bdfa42.jpg
  • whitneysin
    Options

Remember scrubs? Blech!

I generally agree on bubble dresses, but I bought this one and actually really like it

206cb2a1e2d8964ca042ebdd23bdfa42.jpg

Yours is really cute.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    For those of you commenting on undies peeking out of jeans...why not just combine the jeans and the undies into one?
    loool

2nhf4pf.jpg
    Oh gawd, I can picture somebody who can't rock this yet doesn't know better, creating a two-tiered muffin top...
  • whitneysin
    Options
    loool

2nhf4pf.jpg
    Oh gawd, I can picture somebody who can't rock this yet doesn't know better, creating a two-tiered muffin top...

Two-tiered muffin top....hahahaha!