Calorie dense food that WON'T make me feel full

Options
12346»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    What foods did you like to eat when you gained the 30lbs ? You could eat some of the foods you used to like, and fill in your calories
  • jtboner
    jtboner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    What foods did you like to eat when you gained the 30lbs ? You could eat some of the foods you used to like, and fill in your calories
    when i gained the 30 lbs it was mostly due to academic stress, i'd snack like crazy because you know, studying raises the amount of glucose your body wants etc. but the thing was i managed the study hunger and that was mostly when i could lose the weight. But cookies as you guys suggested really helped!
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You need to see a doctor- what you are describing is not normal.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jtboner wrote: »
    *DIARY CORRECTION* sorry, i misread the food, it's actually baby silverfish, ill show you a picture20140927_213746.jpg
    You basically add that to a pie pan with egg/eggwhite and optional green onions, it's traditional for my area of China (hong kong) but not too popular i guess

oh dear god.
    I'm so glad I already ate.
    that's a big fat NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

bleck. good on you- but more for you- because I'd never touch that.

This was one of the first things I saw when I logged on this morning. A bit much before finishing my first cuppa..

Not having a go at your eating style OP, just not my cup of tea.
    My hubby however saw it, and he's already written down the recipe. So it looks like whitebait patties are in my near future. :fearful:

• jtboner
    Options
    You need to see a doctor- what you are describing is not normal.

Really? I thought study hunger was common, and I found that a good amount of mfp users have the 1200 calorie goal problem, I'll ask when I go to my check up soon
  • jtboner
    Options
    *DIARY CORRECTION* sorry, i misread the food, it's actually baby silverfish, ill show you a picture20140927_213746.jpg
    You basically add that to a pie pan with egg/eggwhite and optional green onions, it's traditional for my area of China (hong kong) but not too popular i guess

oh dear god.

This was one of the first things I saw when I logged on this morning. A bit much before finishing my first cuppa..

My hubby however saw it, and he's already written down the recipe. So it looks like whitebait patties are in my near future. :fearful:

Ha! try using egg white so that the first will blend in with the color, except their eyes will show :neutral: I feel the same way about shrimp though, not my cup of tea, high in protein but it creeps me out :P
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

oh dear god.

Ha! try using egg white so that the first will blend in with the color, except their eyes will show :neutral: I feel the same way about shrimp though, not my cup of tea, high in protein but it creeps me out :P

Hehe thanks. I'll just make sure and not make eye contact :wink:

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I completely get what you are asking. I feel the same; I aim for saited, not full or stuffed when I eat, and hate the full feeling.

Your calorie goal is incedental in this, it is more how you want your body to feel consuming your calorie goal.

What I have found rounds out my calories without filling me up is making a protein drink, using water, in the morning, and sipping it throughout the day.

Of course a glass of wine and a chocolate are added most days too.

Sorry I can't come up with anything more constructive, just wanted you to know someone else on this forum dislikes feeling full.

Cheers, h.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    This is the only place is recommend fruit juice with no pulp...
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

oh dear god.

Well that was rude. She said it was a cultural dish. I really dislike when people need to call someone else's food yucky. What are you, 4?
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fat, protein and fiber increase satiety.

Sugar and alcohol based carbs do not.

If you want calories that don't fill you up, you need to gravitate to sweetened drinks, empty calorie foods like most deserts and candies, low fiber sweet breads like cornbread, breakfast muffins, along with carb heavy and/or starchy foods like rice, pasta and potatoes.

Ofc, you could always mainline 2 ltrs. of HFCS in the form of soda, like i used to do, if you want absolutely no nutritional value.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Aren't those anchovies?

Possibly a variety of the species, but not anchovies like we know them in the US.

• apricotmuffins
    apricotmuffins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 1300 calorie diet and I am having no trouble feeling satiated on it - however, I would suggest that feeling absolutely stuffed with what you eat is not normal, unless you are subsisting on nothing but plates and plates of celery. You should see a doctor, even more so if eating appropriately ever leaves you in pain. (you haven't mentioned that it does but I figured I'd cover it)

Otherwise, very high fat or high sugar foods are calorie dense in small amounts. Though if you are having stomach issues those may make it worse.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sorry I misunderstood the title
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »

oh dear god.

Well that was rude. She said it was a cultural dish. I really dislike when people need to call someone else's food yucky. What are you, 4?

I'm closer to six- but if I think something's gross I think something's gross. Blue cheese- kale- and apparently now silver fish.
    gross

it has nothing to do with her at all. You can't take something personally for someone else that had nothing to do with YOU or them directly anyway.

it's food- it doesn't have feelings.

Except pizza- pizza has feelings of sadness when we try to make it with cauliflower.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »

oh dear god.

I'm closer to six- but if I think something's gross I think something's gross. Blue cheese- kale- and apparently now silver fish.
    gross

it has nothing to do with her at all. You can't take something personally for someone else that had nothing to do with YOU or them directly anyway.

it's food- it doesn't have feelings.

Except pizza- pizza has feelings of sadness when we try to make it with cauliflower.

Pizza feels pain when you say no as well.....pizza has needs it needs to feel wanted lol
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I will say as a post bariatric patient I can sympathize with the sudden feeling of full after eating a small amount of a calorie-dense food. I imagine this can happen to someone coming off a VLCD diet as well. I find I can eat a lot more if I surround the calorie-dense food my dietitian wants me to eat (i.e. protein) if I take each bit with a low-calorie bundle, like salad. About the ideal texture for me is something like this hummus tuna salad.

http://www.hummusapien.com/mediterranean-tuna-salad/