• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    August goal 60 miles

8/1 I really...
    8/2 Need to find a better source
    8/3 For my Chinese take out supply....
    8/4 Managed a 1.17 "ralk" with all 3 puppies
    8/5 3.1 on the dreadmill until the aforementioned Chinese food from hell re "reared" (pun intended)
    its ugly head.
    8/6 2.52
    8/7 5
    8/8 3.67
    8/9 3.42
    8/10 rest
    8/11 2.22
    8/12 3.36
    8/13 4.25

Total 28.69

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options

exercise.png

5 miles this morning
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    started a 5k to 10k app today and went well. Adding in tempo runs... as far as I can understand it's supposed to be a little faster then my steady run? I am a very slow runner. short legs. I steady run at 3.5. So should my tempo run be at 4.? Very new to this any help would be appreciated! :)
    8/3 – 2.02 miles
    8/4 – 2.11
    8/5 – 2.4
    8/6 – rest day
    8/8- 2.4
    8/12 – 1.5

exercise.png

Tempo runs are supposed to be at your lactate threshold pace or the pace you can sustain in a race for 1 hour. I have references in the group page.

Look at the June 17 2015 post below:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1269023/running-related-sites-and-references/p1

• Stoshew71
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for August

8/1 17 miles - 17
    8/2 REST DAY
    8/3 10.5 miles - 27.5
    8/4 9.25 miles - 36.75
    8/5 5.65 miles - 42.4
    8/6 REST DAY Unplanned (domestic emergency and bad weather)
    8/7 6.4 miles - 48.8
    8/8 18 miles - 66.8
    8/9 REST DAY
    8/10 10.15 - 76.95
    8/11 9.25 - 86.2
    8/12 6.25 - 92.45
    8/13 10 miles - 102.45

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Options
    Just popping in to report that I may not have simply ran myself out of gas the other day on my run, I have been feeling ill since, and particularly unwell today. Feverish even. So I may be down for a spell until I am back to normal.

Keep on going everyone!

Get well soon. We will be here when you get back.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Welcome to the new people that joined us.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Aug 1 - 43 mile bike ride
    Aug 2 - 37 mile bike ride
    Aug 3 - 4.1 miles
    Aug 4 - 4.15 miles in morning; strength training and cycling class. Yeah, I’m crazy.
    Aug 5 - 6.15 miles - too hot to do my long run for the week.
    Aug 6 - strength training and cycling class (hills!)
    Aug 7 - rest day
    Aug 8 - 34 mile bike ride
    Aug 9 - 46 mile bike ride
    Aug 10 - 5.1 miles
    Aug 11 - 1 hr cycling class and strength training
    Aug 12 - 3.5 miles
    Aug 13 - 4.25 miles; strength training and cycling class. Still crazy, but loving it.
    Aug 14 - rest day

exercise.png

Biking both Sat and Sun assuming weather is good so no runs until Monday. Hopefully only running 3x a week will have me for the HM in October. That's what the Gallagher "finish it" plan says, but still makes me nervous. Not sure I'm going to hit my goal this month - we are almost half way through August and I'm not anywhere near halfway mark, but I'm happy I can do what I am.

Have a great running weekend everybody!

@WhatMeRunning - hope you are feeling better soon.
  • Dichotomy1976
    Dichotomy1976 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    2/8: 8.1 Miles
    4/8: 3.8 Miles
    6/8: 3.8 Miles
    11/8: 9.1 Miles
    14/8: 5.0 Miles

exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    8/1 - 5.82 mi
    8/2 - 4.05 mi
    8/3 - 4.35 mi of on-track speed work...tough!
    8/4 - Rest day; might sneak in a walk this evening though.
    8/5 - 2.0 mi on indoor track; 45 minutes of aerobics / cross-training with HM group.
    8/6 - 3.1 mi, beautiful morning in Central Iowa!
    8/7 - 4.25 mi, love that 70° and humid now seems pleasant!
    8/8 - 5.7 mi with my HM training group
    8/9 - rest day
    8/10 - 3.5 mi along the Galena River.
    8/11 - 4.48 mi, cool morning
    8/12 - 4.6 mi; 2.5 of hill repeats with 2.1 run to finish up (HM training group)
    8/13 - 4.75 mi, Trek/treadmill
    8/14 - 4 mi; one of those runs that is hard, but you don't know why.

exercise.png

@kristinegift - you are speedy!
    @WhatMeRunning - feel better!

Everyone have a great weekend!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I broke my fever overnight so feeling a little better. Resting HR was 70 this morning (normal is 50) so I am not over this yet! But now I can spend that "running time" keeping up with posts here!:smile:

@mwyvr - By chance was the color the same as the beer you have been drinking lately? Just a theory. Keep hydrated!

@kristinegift - I will live vicariously through run reports like the one you had today!

@ddmom0811 - Trust the plan!

• Stoshew71
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for August

8/1 17 miles - 17
    8/2 REST DAY
    8/3 10.5 miles - 27.5
    8/4 9.25 miles - 36.75
    8/5 5.65 miles - 42.4
    8/6 REST DAY Unplanned (domestic emergency and bad weather)
    8/7 6.4 miles - 48.8
    8/8 18 miles - 66.8
    8/9 REST DAY
    8/10 10.15 - 76.95
    8/11 9.25 - 86.2
    8/12 6.25 - 92.45
    8/13 10 miles - 102.45
    8/14 6.2 miles 108.65

exercise.png

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My July goal was 30 miles and I hit that. I think I will shoot for 35 for August.

8/2 - 3.5mi. PR for distance Woohoo! According to my GPS I went 3.5 but according to the trail map I did 3.7 miles. I am going with my GPS since I always use the same one when I run so any errors should be consistent. Walking up to get ice cream with son and dog later so that will be another 3 miles but I will not include it in my monthly total.
    8/4 - 3.6mi. Another PR! I went for a run on my break at work because I was falling asleep at my desk, don't tell the boss, and I ended up completing the run in 50 minutes which is what it took me to run 5k last month in the heat and humidity. I learned that my ideal pace right now is about a 13 minute pace so I was able to cut out most of the walk breaks except for walking up the big hill at the end of trail. (Why is there always a big hill at the end of a run?)
    8/6 - 3.5mi. Got up at 6:30am on my day off for a beautiful cool morning run with Neeko. Kept my average pace at 13:14 which seems to be ideal for me but I will admit my legs were tired when I was done. That hasn't happened in a while but it was a great feeling.
    8/8 - 2mi. Over did it on strength training yesterday and pushed myself to do 3 reps of 12 leg presses at 210 lbs so my legs were dead today. Even Neeko was confused when I turned around early LOL. I think I am going to try again tomorrow depending on how crazy work is and I am not sure if I want to push for 4 miles since I just stepped up to 3.5 last week. I guess I will see how I feel.
    8/10 - 1.5mi. Well yesterday didn't happen, work was insane and today it started raining and thundering when I started. Neeko and I kept going until we saw lighting but got in a fast comfortable mile and a half. No running tomorrow, I have a session with my trainer so I will try again on Wednesday for 4 miles.
    8/12 - 3.5 mi at the crack of dawn today.
    8/14 - 4.0 mi. Broke thru my glass ceiling this morning and finally made 4 miles! Woohoo! I can't believe how much my running has improved since the temperature and humidity have gone down. A few months ago I could barely make 3 miles in what it took me to run 4 today and I felt good at the end.

Completed : 21.6 mi
    To go :13.4 mi

@briebee7 Good luck on your half this weekend.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom & @mwyvr, you two are absolutely right, it's not really a forced rest day. I love the idea of calling it a "Life Day"...perfect descriptor. I had decided that I would eat and drink very little last night so I could at least do a few miles when we got home, but when we arrived at our friends' place and I saw the spread he put out for us, I realized how self-centered I was being. I immediately ditched my running plans and sat down to enjoy a wonderful meal, some amazing Cabernet, and best of all, some great company. I always say I can learn something every time I run. This time I learned something by not running.

Sailing lessons are finished but I hope to get back up to these lakes again soon. Beautiful setting, flat trails, and many water and bathroom stops along the way.

No running again for me today (3rd day in a row) because I'm planning a long run tomorrow morning. I hope to get in 9 miles again, then 5 or 6 on Sunday. I will be taking all of these miles very easy but will have to get up early to beat the heat.

@WhatMeRunning, glad to hear your feeling better!
    @ShortMrsN, 6 weeks off from running, that would be tough. I think your goal of just getting back out there is goal enough.
    @dstock80, don't let that goal drive you too hard. Listen to your hip.
    @Daisy471, beautiful sunset!
    @dennie24, your goal of 3 miles isn't silly at all, go get it!
    @HonuNui, that Chinese food issue is lingering. Hope you get past that soon.
    @kristinegift & @kimlight2, congrats on the great runs!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @mwyvr - Life day - I'm going to use that one. Love the name of your chart and sorry you had a crappy run today.
    @kristinegift Super run last night!
    @ddmom0811 With all the other training you do I wouldn't be concerned about the goal this month on running!
    @whatmerunning Glad you are feeling a bit better.

@7lenny7 I just love this!! I realized how self-centered I was being. I immediately ditched my running plans and sat down to enjoy a wonderful meal, some amazing Cabernet, and best of all, some great company. I always say I can learn something every time I run. This time I learned something by not running.

I didn't run this morning, had to be here at OhDark30 again. Thought I'd sneak in a quick couples miles this morning but at 4:45 my phone rang and it was a co worker in Italy having a crisis so he had me on the phone for 30 mins. He needs to stop putting Italian speaking people on the phone that early I could hardly understand his broken Spainglish let alone her broken English ha ha! Well now that I think of it her English was better than his. I'm already exhausted but I'll try to get in a few miles tonight.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!!
  • dstock80
    dstock80 Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Aug 14: 4 miles.

exercise.png
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    3 miles last night. Up to 19 out of 40 for the month. And right now the dog is poking at me to take her for a walk, so everyone have a great day.
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    8/3 3 miles
    8/4 3 miles
    8/7 4 miles
    had a crazy week and didn't run too much until yesterday...
    8/13 3.16 miles
    13.16/ 60 miles down

I had a charley horse in my left calf last night, and then another right after. My leg is killing me today, so I'm not going to push it and go for a run. I'm hoping I'll be able to do my 5 mile run tomorrow if I stretch a lot and ice it today, and then a 3 mile one on Sunday. We will see..
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Had a migraine (and after effects) last weekend so didn't manage to get in any running until yesterday :'( Short treadmill session yesterday but feeling 100% now and looking forward to a longer run tomorrow!

exercise.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom & @mwyvr, you two are absolutely right, it's not really a forced rest day. I love the idea of calling it a "Life Day"...perfect descriptor. I had decided that I would eat and drink very little last night so I could at least do a few miles when we got home, but when we arrived at our friends' place and I saw the spread he put out for us, I realized how self-centered I was being. I immediately ditched my running plans and sat down to enjoy a wonderful meal, some amazing Cabernet, and best of all, some great company. I always say I can learn something every time I run. This time I learned something by not running.

nods. nods nods.
    These things happen- and it's nice to be able to really let it go and be okay with it.