5 Week Progress Picture

Replies

• spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    You must be out of bubblegum...most definitely kicking a$*!
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    spacelump wrote: »
    You must be out of bubblegum...most definitely kicking a$*!

Bubbalicious! Hahaha thanks!
  • mfchilambi
    mfchilambi Posts: 34 Member
    Wow...thats good and you look good.Please share the way to that nice body
  • andyajc2015
    andyajc2015 Posts: 22 Member
    keep it up !! well done :)
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Great Job Girl!
  • MsSquatAlot
    mfchilambi wrote: »
    Wow...thats good and you look good.Please share the way to that nice body

Honestly, it's just good eating and hard work friend.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Is your diary open? I'd like to get an idea of what you eat. You are doing awesome!!!
  • shuntavius
    shuntavius Posts: 11 Member
    keep up the amazing work!!! You motivate me!! Thanks for sharing your journey
  • MsSquatAlot
    cifj8dkt62si.jpg

Strength gains coming up! Planning to compete in a power lifting competition next year!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    New personal record in strength today!

I was able to deadlift 250!!!

I have also lost 5 inches on each thigh, 2 inches on my upper arms and 10 inches on my hips!!

Watch "Deadlift - 250" on YouTube - Deadlift - 250: https://youtu.be/Rg6pr9KCMzw

As much as I am happy for your weight loss... continuing to deadlift like that is seriously going to snap you up.

It's more like a sumo deadlift with that foot stance... a conventional deadlift would have the feet under each shoulder, give or take a few cm either side.

Second, the way you're pulling up the weight is the most DANGEROUS part about the lift. You're trying to yank it up because you're not successfully getting to the lock out position... that is seriously dangerous and you're going to pull your lower back out.

Third... you're slamming the weight against the floor. The whole point of the deadlift is to lift the weight from a dead stop... not using momentum to get it up.

Lower the weight, seriously work on your form, or run the risk.

Congrats on the weight loss though :)

So if somebody shows concern for the well-being of another user by pointing out bad form (because this video shows bad form), it gets flagged and then the user pointing out their concern gets put on blast about how much they can lift?

OP, your progress so far is astonishing but I wouldn't view somebody's concern as a personal attack. My opinion is that this was solid advice. It's great to receive all of the encouraging words from a bunch of users here but just because somebody points out room for improvement doesn't mean they're crapping on all of your hard work.

I see that you're deadlifting 315 now and planning to compete soon. My only hope is that your "coach" has pointed out your form issues and you've taken his/her suggestions better than the ones offered above.

Congrats on your success.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Hi Pals!

So I have decided to take monthly update photos to keep myself encouraged and on track - In the last 5 weeks I have lost 30lbs and 4% bf. Although I still have another 100lbs to lose, I am feeling like this is actually possible.

My diary is open to friends in case anyone is wondering what I have eaten and how I workout. 60+ gone so far!!!

hsnvoz.jpg
    I don't want to bring you down, buutt you're losing it way too fast, you probably won't keep it off. It's amazing that you did that, how did you do it?

• MsSquatAlot
    edited October 2015
    mwebster11 wrote: »
    Hi Pals!

So I have decided to take monthly update photos to keep myself encouraged and on track - In the last 5 weeks I have lost 30lbs and 4% bf. Although I still have another 100lbs to lose, I am feeling like this is actually possible.

My diary is open to friends in case anyone is wondering what I have eaten and how I workout. 60+ gone so far!!!

hsnvoz.jpg
    I don't want to bring you down, buutt you're losing it way too fast, you probably won't keep it off. It's amazing that you did that, how did you do it?

You're not bringing me down and just because I'm losing fast doesn't mean I will gain it back, although I'm sure a lot of people do. I've committed myself to this lifestyle change and haven't looked back. I am now down 81lbs since the end of July and have not had one week where I had a zero pound loss or gain.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Excellent progress!
  • MsSquatAlot
    mwebster11 wrote: »
    Hi Pals!

hsnvoz.jpg

You're not bringing me down and just because I'm losing fast doesn't mean I will gain it back, although I'm sure a lot of people do. I've committed myself to this lifestyle change and haven't looked back. I am now down 81lbs since the end of April and have not had one week where I had a zero pound loss or gain.
  • _flawedperfectly_
    _flawedperfectly_ Posts: 34 Member
    You look absolutely fantastic. Let me add squats to my routine. I see it's defiantly worth it!
  • MsSquatAlot
    You look absolutely fantastic. Let me add squats to my routine. I see it's defiantly worth it!

Yes add the squats!! If you've never done them before I highly recommend using a Smith Machine with no weight just to get an idea of the movement and weight of the bar. The other thing I do 2x/3x a week is glute work. I bought an ankle cuff to affix to various machines to help tone it up as well.

Thank you!

• MsSquatAlot
    So I've received some crappy messages about my fast weight loss and even people questioning my body. So I decided to post a more stripped down progress photo to show how my hard work is paying dividends. Thank you so much to everyone and their motivational messages!

9vi3p9whsq39.jpg
  • MsSquatAlot
    Been awhile since I updated this thread, but here is what I look like today. I've lost almost 140lbs now since first posting!

20tzjmp40e9f.jpg
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Incredible progress! My weight loss is sooooo slow with heavy lifting, but the changes in my body... I wouldn't trade them at all.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Incredible progress! My weight loss is sooooo slow with heavy lifting, but the changes in my body... I wouldn't trade them at all.

How slow is super slow? How is your food intake?

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!