40 year old working mom with 40lbs to lose... anyone else?

Options
13»

Replies

• Crystllvlnd
    Crystllvlnd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat I know I did this to myself and I'm ready to change just not sure how to start.. I raise 2 grandkids and just feel tired all the time.. I would love to be added to this group.
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 40. I have about 15 lbs to lose and I work full time with 3 kids. Its tough finding time to work out. I work a desk job so I walk on lunches and breaks to get my 10 K steps in before I go home. Make it to the gym 3 times a week too and try and play tennis with my teen once or twice a week.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    FYI, I created a Community Group for those moms interested in connecting and supporting each other. I sent out an invite so please check your alerts and accept. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as we work toward our goals.

@4031isaiah please add me to this group! Thanks, Nicole
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello! Working full-time 46 year old mom of 3 boys, 26, 24 and 21 ~ 2 graduated college, 1 still in college ~ Empty Nest Syndrome!! I'm half way to goal, with 15 more pounds to lose! I'm ok with the food aspect, but usually don't exercise and need to find some accountability in this area! Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a 36 year old working mom with a 2 year old and a 4 year old. (both boys). I've been on MFP for about 16 months and I lost about 35lbs. I got fed up with logging and healthy choices recently and took a month sabbatical from calorie counting. I'm up 6lbs and have about 45lbs to lose still. I frequently fall off the wagon, but I keep riding. I'm in this for however long it takes. I need to concentrate on food since I'm generally good about excercise. I'm fit fat. I'll run 5 miles and then eat a donut and drink a beer. lol.
  • kacmac1992
    kacmac1992 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi... Please feel free to add me. I'm a 44 year old working mom of 2 kids - 21 & 19, both in college. I have struggled with weight my entire life and am so ready to do this. This morning before work, I tried on 3 different outfits until I found one that worked I have about 35-40 pounds I need to lose. My doctor told me at a recent exam that I was pre-diabetic and I was prescribed medication for high cholesterol. I need a little help knowing how to get started.
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, with 90ish to lose who works 50 hours a week, commutes 2 hours a day, has a child with an INSANE hockey schedule that has me running her all over the world from August-March and then plays basketball, soccer, lacrosse and softball in her "free time". It's a SERIOUS struggle to find time to prioritize for me. I'd love to have others in the same boat to brainstorm with.
  • xxx_Elle_xxx
    xxx_Elle_xxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey - Mum of 2 work full time - I need to lose around 40lbs - feel free to add -
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!