Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Halloweens not over but I took off my beard. Bring on Christmas.

What about Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving isn't that fun anymore. Just lots of dishes.

I love thanksgiving! I wake up early to throw the turkey in the oven and go back to bed with coffee.

Then get up and start drinking wine and cooking and give my dog a toy Turkey.

Go take a nap because I drank too much wine.

Eat leftovers for 7 weeks.

We only had leftovers for like, two days :( I was so sad

I only cook for myself but there's no such thing as a single serving size casserole dish (don't google it @cee134 I know...) and I wait until the last minute to buy my turkey so the only thing left is like a 50 lb one and if I'm going to stuff it with stuffing, and I am, I need like 6 loaves of bread.

Last year I had such a huge fight with my dad at thanksgiving that I threw the turkey and every side away. Then booked thanksgiving at the biltmore this year. I still don’t know if I can look at a turkey but I’m damn sure not messing up my kitchen for it. Also, have not spoken to my dad since. Good times.

I hope one day you can reconnect with your dad. My sister and mum have not spoken for over 25 years, it's sad to watch. :(
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I am not good at making or keeping friends.
  • KyleGrace8
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »

That's alright. Someone just deleted me today but I can't figure out who it was so I guess it doesn't really matter lol

That has happened to me before as well. I can't get upset if I can't figure out who it was.
  • KyleGrace8
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »

That's alright. Someone just deleted me today but I can't figure out who it was so I guess it doesn't really matter lol

That has happened to me before as well. I can't get upset if I can't figure out who it was.

Maybe you’ll get another one back apologizing if you’re lucky enough and then you won’t have to wonder @KyleGrace8

No one has even deleted me recently that I know of. This post was about me having no social skills in general. I need to take a class in charm. Perhaps "charms" since it's Halloween, any witches up for teaching me a good spell?
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I was offered sex today with a 21 year old girl. In exchange I was to advertise some kind of bathroom cleaner to my friends. Of course I declined because I'm a person of high moral standards with strong will power. Just as strong as EcoLab, the super strong bathroom cleaner, now available scented lemon or vanilla.

I just laughed so hard
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »

What about Thanksgiving!

I love thanksgiving! I wake up early to throw the turkey in the oven and go back to bed with coffee.

I only cook for myself but there's no such thing as a single serving size casserole dish (don't google it @cee134 I know...) and I wait until the last minute to buy my turkey so the only thing left is like a 50 lb one and if I'm going to stuff it with stuffing, and I am, I need like 6 loaves of bread.

Last year I had such a huge fight with my dad at thanksgiving that I threw the turkey and every side away. Then booked thanksgiving at the biltmore this year. I still don’t know if I can look at a turkey but I’m damn sure not messing up my kitchen for it. Also, have not spoken to my dad since. Good times.

I hope one day you can reconnect with your dad. My sister and mum have not spoken for over 25 years, it's sad to watch. :(

25 years? my mind is blown :neutral:

Yup.. and no end in sight. My mum has never seen my sisters children even :(
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    MrSith wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Being logical and posting things that makes sense will never make you e-popular. It actually kills discussions, or more that people talk around you.

I agree.............this site is for self-esteem lacking and non-contact affairs.

Then why are you here? If that's all we're here for then you're one or the other.

why not both ?

When your a therapist this is the perfect place to practice/sharpen skills.

In your estimation, what percentage of the regular Chit Chat posters are personality disordered?
    Bipolar I/II is very prevalent on this site from the last 6 or so years I've been on here but a lot of people exhibit those tendencies of some symptomatology at times here.

I think anxiety is the biggest diagnosis I would encounter because of the attention seeking behaviors and the efforts to get compliments.

In reference to personality disorders not so many.....as I don't know who are the "cutters" or self-harming behaviors as it is mainly observable or self-reports.

So.......Bipolar.......overwhelming......then some G.A.D. and depression but I'm not sure how much is Maniac because of so many new posters/undernames.

I don't think that a therapist should take comments from an internet forum and diagnose people from them.

To be fair....He was asked

I assumed it was sarcastically.

Also, come on. I don't think that it's appropriate to say that bipolar disorder is overwhelmingly present on this site.

Oddly enough, just yesterday someone told me that they have met many bipolar people on this website. It was just a statement of fact, no personal info shared. I found it interesting because I too have noticed that there are many people on MFP who are struggling with some of the same mental/emotional issues, many of which aren't diagnosed.

I can agree with that but my issue is that a lot of us who post here aren't always the same person that they are in real life so I disagree that the forums are an appropriate place to put a blanket statement like that, whether it was asked of you or not.

I'm sure that I exhibit some behaviours that could lead a person to question my mental state but in reality I am a shy, very nice person and while I am fine with confrontation I'd rather solve any issues by discussing it rationally and without yelling. ON MFP I LOVE TO SPEAK IN CAPS but I don't in real life lol.

I am totally the same person I am in person (I hate the phrase 'real life', this is real life just a different communication method). Super shy too, but good at feeling awkward so I don't mind speaking my mind!

I feel invisible here and I feel my words communicate my thoughts and personality better than in person sometimes because I feel more 'judged' for some reason in person and I don't here (or I don't notice if I am because the lack of body language and facial expression) so I am a bit less inhibited.

I also feel I communicate better written than in person, I feel like I am always trying to hide something when face to face with people.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

What about Thanksgiving!

This is terrible but somehow i understand why they are not talking. Forgiving is one of the hardest things we ever do. Even though i am relieved i patched things up with my father years before his death, i wasn't as shaken up by it as i should have been. Which leads me to believe that a part of me was still mad at him.

Im glad you got to patch it up. I just know if they don't and one passes they'll wished they had.
    But maybe like with you even if they do deep down they'll still be mad.
    I've noticed as she's gotten older my sister says things that make me think she's deeply hurt and has said" if your own mother can't love you who will".. Thats a terrible thing to live with.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

What about Thanksgiving!

This is terrible but somehow i understand why they are not talking. Forgiving is one of the hardest things we ever do. Even though i am relieved i patched things up with my father years before his death, i wasn't as shaken up by it as i should have been. Which leads me to believe that a part of me was still mad at him.

I fear this...the child in me won't let me forgive totally, I accept how people are and appreciate that that is who they are, but cannot honestly forgive.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I confess my son was a beast once again and collected a bag of candy in which I have not took out my percentage for parenting, room and board, tutoring and wifi access.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I confess my son was a beast once again and collected a bag of candy in which I have not took out my percentage for parenting, room and board, tutoring and wifi access.

Oh good grief! I read beast with an 'r' in it and I was both stunned and confused for much longer than I should have been. Probably because I read it wrong three times before clicking
  • MrSith
    Options

Oh good grief! I read beast with an 'r' in it and I was both stunned and confused for much longer than I should have been. Probably because I read it wrong three times before clicking

LOL I have no idea what a beasr is..........must be the earlier morning for you?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I read the same :(:#
  • MrSith
    Options
    I did see some of those.