MrSith wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Whenever I see someone with a handicapped sticker driving like an A-hole, I assume they became handicapped in a car accident by driving like an A-hole.

I always assume they are lazy handicap sticker theives.

I always assume they are handicapped and have trouble driving due to physical issues that make it harder for them to drive.

That word assume ya know.

Yes assume as in assume they got a handicap plate or placard from the DMV because they have one or more of the following:
    • Lung disease
    • Heart disease
    • Substantially impaired mobility, for example, use of a wheelchair, brace, or cane
    • A disease that significantly limits your ability walk or to use your legs
    • Documented vision problems, including low-vision or partial sightedness
    • Loss of one or both legs or loss of both hands, or limited use of these parts

Anyone can get a placard if they want one. It's not that hard knowingly working in the medical field.

Surely you can't be serious.
    Why would I make the comment if I wasn't?

steve-young-reacts-to-ray-lewis-comments-about-rex-ryan-over-bill-belichick.gif?w=1000

football fan? or just a Niner fan?

college football

the NFL lost me; their fault, not mine

I'm a Gator fan, I know........at least not a Vols fan.

rough season for both programs....

both will rebound

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Being logical and posting things that makes sense will never make you e-popular. It actually kills discussions, or more that people talk around you.

I agree.............this site is for self-esteem lacking and non-contact affairs.

Then why are you here? If that's all we're here for then you're one or the other.

why not both ?

When your a therapist this is the perfect place to practice/sharpen skills.

In your estimation, what percentage of the regular Chit Chat posters are personality disordered?
    Bipolar I/II is very prevalent on this site from the last 6 or so years I've been on here but a lot of people exhibit those tendencies of some symptomatology at times here.

I think anxiety is the biggest diagnosis I would encounter because of the attention seeking behaviors and the efforts to get compliments.

In reference to personality disorders not so many.....as I don't know who are the "cutters" or self-harming behaviors as it is mainly observable or self-reports.

So.......Bipolar.......overwhelming......then some G.A.D. and depression but I'm not sure how much is Maniac because of so many new posters/usernames.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Being logical and posting things that makes sense will never make you e-popular. It actually kills discussions, or more that people talk around you.

I agree.............this site is for self-esteem lacking and non-contact affairs.

Then why are you here? If that's all we're here for then you're one or the other.

why not both ?

In your estimation, what percentage of the regular Chit Chat posters are personality disordered?
    Bipolar I/II is very prevalent on this site from the last 6 or so years I've been on here but a lot of people exhibit those tendencies of some symptomatology at times here.

I think anxiety is the biggest diagnosis I would encounter because of the attention seeking behaviors and the efforts to get compliments.

In reference to personality disorders not so many.....as I don't know who are the "cutters" or self-harming behaviors as it is mainly observable or self-reports.

So.......Bipolar.......overwhelming......then some G.A.D. and depression but I'm not sure how much is Maniac because of so many new posters/undernames.

I don't think that a therapist should take comments from an internet forum and diagnose people from them.

To be fair....He was asked
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

why not both ?

So.......Bipolar.......overwhelming......then some G.A.D. and depression but I'm not sure how much is Maniac because of so many new posters/undernames.

I don't think that a therapist should take comments from an internet forum and diagnose people from them.

To be fair....He was asked

I assumed it was sarcastically.

Also, come on. I don't think that it's appropriate to say that bipolar disorder is overwhelmingly present on this site.

I don't believe it was a diagnosis, If I read it correctly he said that there are a lot of behaviors that are consistent with that diagnosis.
  • MrSith
    Options

why not both ?

I would never diagnose anyone without them being my client as I always do not harm to effect a person's perceptions or their personality without them consenting/informed consent as well as agreeing to be treated.

I have no problem calling someone an *kitten*-hole or a b1tch but that's just the other side of me.
  • MrSith
    Options

why not both ?

I would never diagnose anyone without them being my client as I always do not harm to effect a person's perceptions or their personality without them consenting/informed consent as well as agreeing to be treated.

I have no problem calling someone an *kitten*-hole or a b1tch but that's just the other side of me.

Sorry, you've confused me. You always do not harm to effect a person's perceptions?

should be "Do no harm." That's my mistake in quick typing. =/
  • hargiebargie
    hargiebargie Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I manage teams of therapists for a living.
    I would highly advise therapists not tout their credentials by making blanket assumptions on an information super highway message board.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Halloweens not over but I took off my beard. Bring on Christmas.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

What about Thanksgiving!
  • MrSith
    Options

nooooooooooooo
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    IC I think Thanksgiving is often left out and I don't like hurting Thanksgiving's feelings. Also I enjoy the holiday.
  • MrSith
    Options
    IC I think Thanksgiving is often left out and I don't like hurting Thanksgiving's feelings. Also I enjoy the holiday.
    it's a tricky holiday as its family oriented........tough time for a lot of people.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

What about Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving isn't that fun anymore. Just lots of dishes.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

What about Thanksgiving!

You should come to my Thanksgiving, we have food fights, play Cards Against Humanity and make the kids help with dishes/clean up.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    IC I usually feel relieved when the holidays are over.
    Sure I like to decorate or go look at lights but I really dislike the usual family drama awkwardness and I'm so over buying gifts for people when everyone pretty much has everything anyhow. Also sick of spoiled unappreciative younger people ...
  • MrSith
    Options

What about Thanksgiving!

You should come to my Thanksgiving, we have food fights, play Cards Against Humanity and make the kids help with dishes/clean up.
    This sounds like good planning.