True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It makes sense tbh, otherwise they would have a harder time participating in good fun...but they don't care about being super careful and that is actually a good reflection of good moderation.

The place is not swarming with evil spirits, so they don't have to be super careful.

But if it's a mod shouldn't they follow the rules that the rest of us are meant to follow?

Good taste is good enough.

Edit...to expand, just think about it. We are the creators and arbiters of all rules of which we know.

You want your enforcers to have good taste but have powers like archangels...smite the demons.

If it is against the rules...who.cares? Still a demon smite it. And in reverse...grace.

Taste and judgement beat rules 10 out of 10 times.

Philosophy of aesthetics is underrated.

*kitten* getting deep in here man
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I’ve posted here and there and as of yet haven’t received any indication that my posts are even visible.
    True confessions?
    I haven’t made any friends on this site, but I certainly haven’t made any attempts

Also- I fricken love kimchi. Been making it for a few months and it’s my go to nom nom

I have gotten to where I think friends are way overrated - I totally dont care how many days you logged in in a row, and I have to wade through all these stupid blogs to see anything, which majorly pisses my phone off. So I don't make friends anymore.

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I’ve posted here and there and as of yet haven’t received any indication that my posts are even visible.
    True confessions?
    I haven’t made any friends on this site, but I certainly haven’t made any attempts

Also- I fricken love kimchi. Been making it for a few months and it’s my go to nom nom

I have gotten to where I think friends are way overrated - I totally dont care how many days you logged in in a row, and I have to wade through all these stupid blogs to see anything, which majorly pisses my phone off. So I don't make friends anymore.

I don't think they are...they can keep you coming back...whatever mental tricks it takes to get you to reach your goal, is good.

Even if that includes actually having friends who will tell you when you are *kitten* up :D

It is a legit strategy. Nobody is perfect.

Losing friends you didnt want to lose also a growing experience...makes you think about your flaws, and you can work on those.

People raise each other up...even in adversarial conditions...which is how we went to the moon, and which ultimately provided the tech for the satellites for this phone...so I could get less fat :D

Friends, frienemies, and enemies...all still good.

Complex environment surfaces good things.

But...in that regard to actually confess something...I think heaven would suck. Too boring.

This is as good as it gets. We probably are in heaven.

All the hugs. Although I think heaven would have less conflict and snideness (if that is even a word)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    True confessions?

I don't think they are...they can keep you coming back...whatever mental tricks it takes to get you to reach your goal, is good.

Even if that includes actually having friends who will tell you when you are *kitten* up :D

Losing friends you didnt want to lose also a growing experience...makes you think about your flaws, and you can work on those.

People raise each other up...even in adversarial conditions...which is how we went to the moon, and which ultimately provided the tech for the satellites for this phone...so I could get less fat :D

But...in that regard to actually confess something...I think heaven would suck. Too boring.

Maybe, I have yet to have a friend be like "hey, haven't seen you in a bit, don't fall off the wagon" when I was slacking. IME no one actually pays that much attention to their friends here, they just "like" their crap when it pops up. And when I have had friends I was actively trying to support and sent "hey, hope all's well" when they were slowly falling off the wagon it didn't make any difference, they petered out anyways. Starting to realize I sound like a big jerk, but oh well.

For me, being a mod has actually helped me the most out of any MFP support. Not so much that they are super inspiration friends or anything (not to say yall aren't awesome if you read this!) but the feeling of needing to pull my weight keeps me checking in every day. That realization lead me to lean more heavily on participating in challenges and groups. There is a natural cycling of people so the motivation keeps rolling instead of the wall you hit when all your friends have disappeared.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    True confessions?

Maybe, I have yet to have a friend be like "hey, haven't seen you in a bit, don't fall off the wagon" when I was slacking. IME no one actually pays that much attention to their friends here, they just "like" their crap when it pops up. And when I have had friends I was actively trying to support and sent "hey, hope all's well" when they were slowly falling off the wagon it didn't make any difference, they petered out anyways. Starting to realize I sound like a big jerk, but oh well.

For me, being a mod has actually helped me the most out of any MFP support. Not so much that they are super inspiration friends or anything (not to say yall aren't awesome if you read this!) but the feeling of needing to pull my weight keeps me checking in every day. That realization lead me to lean more heavily on participating in challenges and groups. There is a natural cycling of people so the motivation keeps rolling instead of the wall you hit when all your friends have disappeared.

You also get all the hugs!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I makest thy confession, I do this because

tenor.gif

42gra0qz3jnu.gif

ktSIkov.gif

Eric Andre is a legend

It is a great use of an Eric Andre gif. They are very hard to use properly.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I makest thy confession, I do this because

tenor.gif

42gra0qz3jnu.gif

ktSIkov.gif

You have received the Gif of the Day award:

vbqe0zoo949n.gif
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    IC it's so freaking gorgeous in the Bay Area right now, I feel guilty about it

Winter is over!

Bay Area?

Born and raised in Hayward, living in Dublin...

Lol hey neighbor. Born in UC living in Dublin. Working in Milpitas.
    kace_kay wrote: »

Winter is over!

Bay Area?

Winter is over!

Bay Area?

Lol hey neighbor. Born in UC living in Dublin. Working in Milpitas.

iz265yknc4xc.gif

Yeah we're loving it now, but Man... We're probably going to see like 140+ this summer :lol:

I work in Sunnyvale!

oh damn! Neighbor all the way around. This weather is great though. Dublin is crazy in the summer with the hate heat. Miss that UC weather a little
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    IC, I am so stinking bored in life it is ridiculous.