True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I confess I lurk a lot in here too. You guys are the fun crowd.
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I confess that sticking to my healthy diet has not been a complete fail, but its pushing it.. I ate quite a bit of snack mixes that I made.. I had to taste them to see if they were good enough to give a way... wink wink...

I also confess that a lot of things happen here when I walk away for just an hour. I need to stay current with the MFP news. I am most confused about the pimento cheese though.

I don't really get it, but the pimiento cheese made me laugh. I can't imagine that stuff being good enough to worship, but who knows?
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Aww thank y'all. I was getting to feel a little attacked and depressed because it seemed like everyone was on their side. (Although I freely admit I started the "attacking")

Eh, I didn't really see "sides," just avoidance of drama. I thought what they said was pretty low. And I was bummed it took away from @JustMissTracy's big news.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I confess that my late night snacking is beyond my control!
  • stemmingthetide
    stemmingthetide Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have no control over my sweet tooth!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I confess I lurk a lot in here too. You guys are the fun crowd.
    I confess that sticking to my healthy diet has not been a complete fail, but its pushing it.. I ate quite a bit of snack mixes that I made.. I had to taste them to see if they were good enough to give a way... wink wink...

I also confess that a lot of things happen here when I walk away for just an hour. I need to stay current with the MFP news. I am most confused about the pimento cheese though.

I don't really get it, but the pimiento cheese made me laugh. I can't imagine that stuff being good enough to worship, but who knows?
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Aww thank y'all. I was getting to feel a little attacked and depressed because it seemed like everyone was on their side. (Although I freely admit I started the "attacking")

Eh, I didn't really see "sides," just avoidance of drama. I thought what they said was pretty low. And I was bummed it took away from @JustMissTracy's big news.

I wanted to post a reply for @justmisstracy and then the thread took a turn and then pimento cheese showed up in the middle of that...

I confess that I must be the only one alive that thinks pimento cheese is nasty..
  • chocolate_owl
    Options
    I don't mind pimiento cheese, but I don't think it's anything special. I also can't eat anything with pimiento in it without thinking about my narcissistic grandmother at my graduation party - she was making deviled eggs, and she threw a fit that we didn't have pimiento and we were all too busy prepping for the party to take her to the store. I was like... it's my day, and I don't care if there's pimiento in the deviled eggs, but that tantrum is a particularly painstaking effort to make this all about you.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't mind pimiento cheese, but I don't think it's anything special. I also can't eat anything with pimiento in it without thinking about my narcissistic grandmother at my graduation party - she was making deviled eggs, and she threw a fit that we didn't have pimiento and we were all too busy prepping for the party to take her to the store. I was like... it's my day, and I don't care if there's pimiento in the deviled eggs, but that tantrum is a particularly painstaking effort to make this all about you.

Having a pimento memory you can reflect on is the worst even if its not pimento cheese... lol
  • chocolate_owl
    Options

Having a pimento memory you can reflect on is the worst even if its not pimento cheese... lol

I bet there's not too many people who have one. It seems like a strange food to have a story or an emotional association :p
  • RoxieDawn
    edited December 2016
    Options

I bet there's not too many people who have one. It seems like a strange food to have a story or an emotional association :p

yes it does indeed.. perhaps I can try to see if I can come up with that revolves around apple pie and ice cream, or chocolate cake... lol

eta: nope can't think of one. :):)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    What the heck is pimento cheese.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Cheese mixed with pimentos. Looks disgusting.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

It this nasty cheese spread with pimento's in it. From where I live it has been known as "The caviar of the South"..
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I really don't even eat popcorn, ironically.
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Social anxiety is just the worst. I feel invisible everywhere I go.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    shanahz wrote: »

I see you.
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options

I have kind of the same issue in certain settings but I do like pimento cheese and popcorn...
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

I see you.

Of course, I see you when you're sleeping. I know when you're awake. I know if you've been bad or good...

I like the sleeping and bad parts.

Just sayin'.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

I see you.

Of course, I see you when you're sleeping. I know when you're awake. I know if you've been bad or good...

I like the sleeping and bad parts.

Just sayin'.

@Timshel_ bad Santa.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

Mhmm I feel that